[10] Beth'tilac

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Beth'tilac

Postby Chicken » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:49 am

frontallobe wrote:"Note that one dps can easily solo the spiderlings (until the last wave where you want to burn with all dps). " -- unless they nurfed them this statement is a bit zealous.
They didn't nerf them no, so the easily is a bit of an overstatement since that implies pretty much anyone could do so. In truth it really depends on the classes in question, particularly the ones who can AoE moving targets well (Or who have sufficient slows/stuns that their movement isn't as much of a problem) will be able to handle it solo. You wouldn't want to put a destruction warlock on it for instance, but a survival hunter or frost death knight can handle it solo.
Chicken

Postby Calleana » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:51 am

We found the raid damage down below becomes a lot more manageable after the drone death. Not quite sure I can explain it mechanics wise but getting the drone down with a significant gap until the next one spawns made a big difference to our healers mana for P2.
Calleana-Darkblade
Calleana
Maintankadonor

Postby Dariok » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:59 am

We didn't have much success last Friday again. Getting frustrated. How important is Heroism on the fight? Is it worth it to have my frost DK solo the adds so my hunter can go Beast Master, or should I get it from another source?

We seem to not be able to make it past 20~25 stacks. The previous week, we got Beth to like 100k, but we had different healers (a shaman, a priest, and a druid). We also had Heroism, I am wondering if the additional healer throughput from Heroism is the reason we were able to last through longer stacks (made it to around 30~35 consistently), or if I should be looking into healing strategies to advise my healers.
Dariok

Postby Epimer » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:16 am

Our first kill was without Heroism (or equivalent), and we were burning her from 90% down (80% up top then ate a spiderling on the transition). I think we only managed that because we had our super-excellent Resto Druid that night; it's a struggle without him. In fact our kill last night had three tank deaths (with one battle res to accomplish that) and that was a 74% --> kill burn in P2, with Heroism, but without said healer.

That's probably not very helpful, sorry. Yes, you can do it without Heroism, it's just going to take some good healing throughput at the end.
Epimer

Postby Koatanga » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:47 pm

We shifted around our raid this past week a couple of times, but with no better results.

Whether we left the spinners up or taunted them down, we went into phase 2 with healers low on mana, and could not get past 20 stacks without tank deaths.

I think we're just taking too much damage in P1, but as much as we shift roles around, we can't seem to get a handle on it.

Going to try this week with only 1 DPS covering spiderlings. If he can solo them, then we have more DPS for the other adds.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Calleana » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:03 am

We found getting the drones down quickly in phase 1 helped a lot with the healers mana going into phase 2.

We focus our ranged on spiderlings quicker these die the quicker they can help with drones and spinners. Taunting the spinners to the melee group seemed to help. We positioned this group at the bottom near the left of the entrance as we didn't seem to get any spiderlings there and stationary melee really helps.
Calleana-Darkblade
Calleana
Maintankadonor

Postby Aerron » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:43 pm

Did they nerf RD to have no affect on spinners? I used it twice last night trying to bring them down, to no effect.
Aerron

Postby Treck » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:05 pm

When are you using RD?
Cuz you have to wait for them to be as far down as they go, then RD them.
I dont know if they have changed anything, but i know RD fails if you use it to early.
Treck

Postby Shathus » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:29 am

This fight has been frustrating us for a bit now. I don't know if our add priority is wrong, or people just haven't been executing.

Last night we left all 5 dps down below to deal with adds. Had SV Hunter and Destro lock on spiderlings. Arcane Mage and Ele Shaman were on spinners (I told them to burn down any still up in the web as a priority, if none in the web, work on getting the drone down since they don't do much damage on the ground) and a DK who did most of her damage on the drone, but will helping to pull down spinners as well.

I'm normally upstairs so I can't see what's going on very well, but we're missing something. Is there a better way we should be handling the adds, or do people just need to execute better. I heard we were getting spread out a lot too and that grouping up would probably be beneficial
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Gab » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:30 am

I think assigning people to spinners is a waste of dps. If there are stragglers that are still up on the webs, wait for a taunt and taunt them... If the spinners and drone are on the tank, the spinners get cleaved down no problem. IMO no reason to assign anyone to killing spinners. They do next to no damage after they are on the ground, and don't have much health so are dispatched rather quickly by little more than HotR.
Gab

Postby Raeli » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:59 am

RD fails if the spinners are targetting people on top of the web, since you aren't in line of sight of them, it also tends to fail if they are already targetting you too, while Hand of Reckoning will work in both cases.
Raeli

Postby agetro » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:47 am

I thought Righteous Defense only works if you target a friendly player. So would you need to wait until the spinner has aggro on someone, and RD them off the player?? Or did something change in it that you can use it on the mob?
agetro

Postby Epimer » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:54 am

Yes, patch 3.something.
Epimer

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:55 am

You can RD the mob, but it still has to be targetting a friendly player first.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby agetro » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:34 am

Wow, just wow. Never knew lol. I been using Vuhdo to show me when someone else has threat, and I just click a mouse button and it RDs. Same thing I guess. ;) Unless I want to specifically choose a mob. Thanks!
agetro

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)