Remove Advertisements

25[HM] beth'tilac

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

25[HM] beth'tilac

Postby madmessias » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:32 pm

Going to try beth'tilac 25hm soon, so opening a thread for that. Mainly got two questions.
How do you deal with the adds that focus on people then explode? Soakers or people moving out of the raid with them?
Also, is it true that before the first smoldering devastation theres one less drone? So we can send up more dps on that try?
madmessias

Re: 25[HM] beth'tilac

Postby Ragebaby » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:10 pm

We are still working hard on this one. We use 3 soakers one for each corner, sending 6 dps up the first time and 5 for the rest of phase 1.
The problem we are having now is random death form the soakers and healer running OOM half way into phase 2.....
Ragebaby

Postby Kishandra » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:35 am

Our strat -

We have 3 spiderling groups composed of 1 healer, 1 dk, and 1 ranged. They work together to kill spiderlings and soak the banelings that spawn from each corner. Sometimes a baneling or two escapes from them, it's really no big deal. If they blow up in the raid, the raid will move a couple steps to adjust, otherwise some ranged will be nice enough to soak the explosion somewhere outside.

We send 2 healers and 4-5ish dps up, and all remaining dps (6-7) focus on killing spinners then drones. She hits phase 2 at around 80% for us.

Part 2 is just a dps burn with a soft enrage. Healers probably need to start using cooldowns around 20 stacks, we do something like AM AM raidwall spirit link spirit link barrier tranquility with random raidstands in there somewhere.

I frapsed our first kill here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mnNpfFzixo
Kishandra

Postby baff » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:44 am

IMPORTANT: her fire aoe in phase 2 CANNOT be resisted (AM is useless). I don't know if this is intended or not, but once we figured this out the kill came closely after.

Also, drones won't do their cone of fire while they are fixating.
baff

Postby Kerriodos » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:10 am

We had an 8% wipe last week, and have since refined the strategy enough to make up that DPS on a solid attempt.

We have soaking teams, mostly consisting of DK's and Hunters, who kill Spiderlings and soak the suicide bombers. Most of our lost attempts come from these people dying and that side getting overwhelmed before we can get them rezzed and buffed.

Up top, we send a prot paladin, holy paladin, disc priest, rogue, and enhance shaman every time. The first time also has two feral druids and two arcane mages, while the second time the arcane mages stay down below (having the mages come up on our 8% wipe would have made the difference).

Speaking from the perspective of the tank up top, plan your cooldowns well. Discuss with your healers what exactly you and them should expect to use during each top phase so that you know what is available to you. If you have the Scales of Life trinket, swap it out for a T11 stam trinket, Vial of Stolen Memories in particular, as your received overhealing up there could be minimal. Personally, I use Shield Wall+Holy Shield as soon as I get up on the first and third (should JUST be back up for the third), then chain glyphed Divine Protection, Mirror of Broken Images, and Holy Shield again--this covers most, but not all of, the phase. Second time is the same, except I use Ardent Defender while climbing the web, and Vial of Stolen Memories with the second Holy Shield--this covers more of the phase, but you may be bursted down further early on, so save your LoH for this phase if needed.

Make sure to taunt her as soon as you get up to avoid gibbing a fast-climbing healer. I found a targeting macro very nice for this as it's awkward to target her through the web while moving.

Phase 2 she starts to hit very hard. Have your drone tank pick her up first, since he should have cooldowns up, and this will give you time for yours to come up. Communicate well with healers for external cooldowns, especially later on when a pulse+melee can drop a tank in a quarter-second. Work out the raid cooldown rotation ahead of time, but be fluid on when to start it--the later the better, but don't let healers get overwhelmed, it is a lot of damage going out pretty quickly.

Ideally, have battle rezzes saved for this phase: your tanks will probably die at some point, and you absolutely have to get them up before the next Kiss goes out.
Kerriodos

Postby Ulrik » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:06 pm

Can I get a quick check on the Broodling behavior. Tonight we were getting overrun. Double spawns, 5 targeting 1 person, etc. Spawn locations changing. Some bug with the spiderling hotfix 7/20/11 ?
Ulrik

Postby Boèndal » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:04 am

We send 6,4 and 3 DPS up each devastation "phase". She came down with 77% and 75% in our kills. Soakers are 2 DKs and 1 Feral Druid doing most of the spiderling work and soaking broodlings. Each one has a designated ranged DPS (sp and hunter - feral needs a trap) to help once they are in range of the drone camp.

We had some strange broodling behaviour yesterday too. Last week most of them where going for the "left" spawning location giving our feral a hard time. Yesterday it was more mixed up between all three spots or going just for one person. Wasnt much of a problem just some heal tuning and having those ranged backup dps soak sometimes some broodlings.

Trinkets I used on top: MoBI and SoL - Mirror to be at 101,x% ctc and SoL to give me that extra healthstone at the beginning of each top phase. Coupled with WoG and Divine Protection or Ardent Defender in emergency situations secured me most of the time.
Boèndal

Postby culhag » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:27 am

Kerriodos wrote:Make sure to taunt her as soon as you get up to avoid gibbing a fast-climbing healer. I found a targeting macro very nice for this as it's awkward to target her through the web while moving.

You can target her with the boss unit frame.
And yes, it's very important to taunt her since healers will possibly have a lot of aggro already.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Kerriodos » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:48 am

culhag wrote:
Kerriodos wrote:Make sure to taunt her as soon as you get up to avoid gibbing a fast-climbing healer. I found a targeting macro very nice for this as it's awkward to target her through the web while moving.

You can target her with the boss unit frame.
And yes, it's very important to taunt her since healers will possibly have a lot of aggro already.

Yes, this is what I usually do if I forget to swap in my macro on a pull. My UI has boss frames off in a corner where they're easy to see, but kind of a pain in the ass to click on, though, whereas my encounter specific macros are generally middle of the screen.

More on topic: On our kill, we decided to change our lust timing from 30% to 40%. This let us go longer into the fight before we had to start using cooldowns to survive. Of course, the last 4% or so got a little dicey, but its much easier to burn through 4% while people fall over than it is to survive 10% without any cooldowns.
Kerriodos

Postby Ragebaby » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:50 am

Finally got it this week, we had many problems in phase 1 and since we changed the positioning a little to position our soakers somewhat close to the raid so the raid downstairs stays tight including healers, it made healing and dps much easier in phase 1 for us.

We blew lust at around 28 stacks, killed her at 39 stacks. Damage towards the end was very intense, we used 3 battle rez on tanks.

Here's our kill video, featuring a boomkin soaking the damage and dps the little adds at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7ZygsMYD58
Ragebaby

Postby gomashon » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:26 am

After the Smoldering Devastation whole raid takes continues damage until the tank goes up. After that waves of spinners will spawn and start shooting bolts of fire on random people. My tip for this time is to use raid cds both for the raid wide aoe and even after for the spinner's damage. Use a lot of the cooldowns following the the first two Smoldering Devastations, for the third one you won't need anything to survive and the cooldowns will be back in time for phase 2.
This short time period is by far the hardest in the fight, if you do make it (twice) without losing people (for example to soaking a 'baneling' with a spinner bolt combo) then a kill should come soon.

Remember to put up dots and debuffs on the boss as you pull, especially curse of elements...
Group Therapy (Ravencrest-EU), 2 raid days per week, 8/8 25-Heroic, always recruiting.
gomashon

Postby Treck » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:39 am

gomashon wrote:Remember to put up dots and debuffs on the boss as you pull, especially curse of elements...

Since we dont send up the warlocks, we always pull with CoE, to make sure its up.
Its gonna be up untill he comes down again without having to reapply it.
Treck

Postby Jonlo » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:31 pm

How many healers do you bring? Cause we are just getting rocked with 6.
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby culhag » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:47 am

We wiped one or two nights with 6 healers, then we brought 7 and killed her in an hour.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:18 am

We run with 7 aswell.
Treck

Next

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)