Vindictus

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Vindictus

Postby Angelarc6570 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:13 am

Has anyone tried this game? I've been playing for a couple days and have to say its pretty fun. Its a F2P Action MMOish type game, with semi-destructable environments.

http://vindictus.nexon.net/
"Half my friendslist is made up of people I need to remember to hate"

Tier List! Supports!!

http://www.omgyumyum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=686

SC2/LoL
Angelarc6570

Re: Vindictus

Postby Lightbeard » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:52 am

http://mmohuts.com/review/vindictus

I saw the first look from MMOHut a while back

I never got around to trying it though
Lightbeard

Postby Gracerath » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:58 am

I actually played it til about level 20ish. It was fun for the time I played but I certainly had a few gripes.

First, the two melee characters basically felt the same. You just did a heavy attack with a shield/boot or with your extra sword/boot. I also hated the RNG aspect of the challenges. At the end of each instance run, you'd see a list of bonus material you could get if you completed certain things, such as collecting X amount of items or killing X mob a certain way. Many many times though, the items never dropped so how can I loot 5 of them? Or the wisp guy never spawned, so how do I kill it with a spear? The game made you grind through those dungeons a little too much.

I also had an issue where I'd run into little lag spikes constantly, so I'd rubberband back to a second previously and that would cost me to die or take damage I didn't want to. There are a few challenges later on to not take damage by certain bosses and if you hit that lag spike at the wrong time, there was no way to avoid it. It wasn't just me that had this problem. I played this game with a friend almost exclusively and he ran into the same problem.

Still, for a free game, I think it was pretty great. The first level it runs you through, I said to my friend "Wow, this is free?" It is really pretty and the combat is pretty fun, if button mashy. Definitely a nice time waster.

Pro tip: There are lots of collection quests in the game. You may notice that they drop semi infrequently during your trips through the instanced dungeons. Screw all that. Check the market board and see if you can buy them. They are generally pretty cheap and WAY WAY WAY x 10000 faster buying them from someone else. I thought it was like other MMO's where quest items were bound but it certainly isn't the case. There are a few quests where you have to loot it but a majority of them you can just buy from someone else.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Angelarc6570 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:29 pm

Yeah i noticed that too, and money doesnt seem too hard to come by so far as well. I dont expect to play much longer than a week or two, but so far I've enjoyed it :)
"Half my friendslist is made up of people I need to remember to hate"

Tier List! Supports!!

http://www.omgyumyum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=686

SC2/LoL
Angelarc6570

Postby RedAces » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:29 pm

The downloader doesn't load a thing >_<
It stays at 0 B... what do I do ? :(
RedAces

Postby Jeremoot » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:32 pm

It's a lot of fun if you're playing with a friend, but the player-hosted dungeon system often leads to high latency servers. I'd say go for it though, the combat feels really epic and the game makes an interesting use of the Source engine.
Jeremoot

Postby razul » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:41 pm

I played it for a while, up until 42 or so. Its a good concept, but the problem is that by level 10 you already have experienced 90% of the game. It definitely doesn't help that by 40 the game is a Korean grind fest. I'd definitely recommend playing it once though, at least to 15 or so.
razul

Return to Arkham Asylum