Remove Advertisements

[10] Alysrazor

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Alysrazor

Postby Treck » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:51 am

6%hit and 24expertise is enough to cap for adds.
Capping those 2 are the easiest way to increase your dps on the Hatchlings.
Treck

Postby maurok » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:03 am

which dps is more appropriate to get 3 feathers on p1?
We currently have:
Moonkin
Warlock
Hunter
Rogue
DK
Possibly a ret pally
maurok

Postby Treck » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:27 am

Firemage is most likely the sickest dps in that fight to get feathers.
2nd i think its Shadowpriests.
3rd i guess aff lock? from my understanding the haste is sick for dot classes.
Treck

Postby Fetzie » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:30 pm

the haste is so awesome for DoT classes because non-dot classes get GCD locked very quickly (haste increases the cast time of abilities beyond the GCD so quickly that, for example, an arcane mage would draw hardly any benefit from the buff after a couple of seconds, while a fire mage has DoTs that continue to scale with the haste past the GCD mark (because extra haste means more DoT ticks per cast time for the same amount of spell casts the player can get off.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Anub'arak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Rokh » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:24 pm

My guild was going to try this guy tonight. I have been looking up information on the fight and noticed people talking about adds that come out when the boss is crashed on the ground.. Do you have to tank these? kill these? Last peice of the puzzle i havent figured out yet and dont want to go tonight not knowing what happens in that phase.

(im stuck at work and 99% of all video type things dont work here, so i cant look this up on youtube and im impatient)
Rokh

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:17 pm

Two adds come out that channel on the boss (making her regen faster); when they are interrupted they will melee, albeit not for much. Your tanks should be interrupting and tanking these adds. They fly off when Alys wakes up and don't need to be killed.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Lumenactio » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:19 pm

What % are you guys having her land at? Trying to figure out how far off the pace we are.

Our flyer had a lot of dramas it seemed like. Any idea approx how much damage he should be dealing while flying in P1?

We only spent 2 hours or so... but yeah. I'd like to get it worked out so I know how far he needs to improve.
Lumenactio

Postby domipal » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:17 pm

it only took us an hour to learn/kill this boss last week, its pretty simple. We had alysrazor at 45% by the time he flew back up after the burn phase, sending 2 dps up to fly, a warlock and mage. Have a hunter and warrior on one add rotating interrupts and a dk and our resto shaman helping interrupt on the second add. I dont really see a reason to only send 1 person flying, i know a lot of guilds do that.

a really helpful trick i learned with the tornado phase was to just follow them. Follow the tornado in your lane, then when the tornado in the next lane passes switch directions and follow right behind that one and repeat. Basically running in a square.
domipal

Postby Chicken » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:39 am

Treck wrote:Firemage is most likely the sickest dps in that fight to get feathers.
2nd i think its Shadowpriests.
3rd i guess aff lock? from my understanding the haste is sick for dot classes.
Destruction Warlock is pretty good as well for the flying, conflagrate scales extremely well with haste, and even with the full 200% haste you're only barely under the GCD when it comes to soulfire's cast time. Just make sure you have bane of agony on your bars as well, since it easily overtakes bane of doom with the amount of haste you'll get. It's not quite as good as the other options, but okay choice if you need the replenishment.

Nothing can compare to a fire mage for it though. A combustion during a burnout after they've had the full 200% haste and 75% extra crit chance is ridiculous damage.
Chicken

Postby maurok » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:16 am

we managed do do our kill with 3 healers and 1 dps flying in the 12minutes mark... when I went to check the logs, there is like a hundred parses with kills in less than 1 minuto. wtf?
I know sometimes there are bug parses showing as kills, but usually 1~2, not that many?
is there some possible bug on the encounter?
maurok

Postby Epimer » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:36 pm

I have a question about how tanks are handling Hungry/Tantrum and hatchling feeding, as my co-tank and I had a difference of opinion on how to do it (the discussion arose after I bitched him out for stealing a worm near the middle when there were two on his side and none on mine).

His suggestion was to only feed them if they Tantrumed, because then you're guaranteed to have a worm available to cover it.

My suggestion (and what I was doing for all but two attempts) was to take them to a worm as soon as they gained the Hungry buff (or as soon as it was safe to do so without taking mini-Magmaw fire to the face), to ensure they never gained Tantrum. This did mean I couldn't remove every Hungry, but it was repeatedly once per phase, which is easily covered by GAnK. On the two attempts where I tried his way, I died before I could get the hatchling to a worm, whereas on the previous 2309809 attempts doing it "my" way I was never in danger of dying once.

I'm a tad biased as to which way I think is better ;) What are you guys doing?
Epimer

Postby Epimer » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:05 pm

As an additional question: do BigWigs or DXE have announcements for Hatchlings gaining Hungry/Tantrum (if not, I'm guessing it's because there's two of them at once). My UI doesn't show buffs on targets quite as clearly as I'd like so I've set up two stinking great WeakAuras for each buff, but if a boss mod handled it that would be a little cleaner.
Epimer

Postby Treck » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:09 pm

Depends tbh.

If the lava worm is spewing in a "good" way (aka just turned past me) i run close, and wait for tauntrum (it can get a hit or 2 in but shouldnt be a problem)
It actually grows in size when its throwing a tauntrum, so if your standing "close" it will automaticly reset itself when it grows into the lava worm, its very hard to do reliaby tho.

If my CDs are up, i bring them into a lava worm every 30% even if they havnt thrown a tauntrum, as i know ill be able to kill it reliably anyway. (when they go below 20% they die really fast with hammer)

Sometimes if meteors (heroicmode) are placed badly, i just use my CDs and tank through the tauntrum, so i dont LoS healers when running.

As soon as the add gets the blue buff, i always use holy shield (if its up) and then DP a few seconds later, to survive a bit better should it throw an early tauntrum.
If it doesnt throw a tauntrum when DP runs out, i usually just let it eat a lava worm anyway, since it should be DPS'd down pretty good by then anyway.

If you ever find yourself in a position where you have to panic use Guardian, id suggest just letting it hit you for the full duration when Guardian is up, its dmg wont be that high, and you might aswell save a lava worm a bit later, to make sure it wont throw another tauntrum.

(This is all for heroicmode, meaning 3 adds you kill instead of one)
Treck

Postby Epimer » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:51 pm

Treck wrote:If you ever find yourself in a position where you have to panic use Guardian, id suggest just letting it hit you for the full duration when Guardian is up, its dmg wont be that high, and you might aswell save a lava worm a bit later, to make sure it wont throw another tauntrum.

This is pretty much what I was going, except it was planned use rather than panic use. I'd remove the first two (or three?) Hunger buffs immediately, and I'd know by looking around that there were no worms up and none coming for a little while that there'd (probably) be an incoming Tantrum that I would just stand still and GaNK through, and resume normal service for the rest of the phase. Same again next time. It felt much more controlled than having to react to a will they/won't they Tantrum thing, because I knew it was coming so had a cooldown good and ready for it.
Epimer

Postby Lumenactio » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:46 pm

Last week on our attempts both tanks were 3 min CD'ing through 1 Tantrum each. Last night, on our first kill, our personal dps was higher so we didn't need to do that. The hatchlings died with about 10 seconds left on the first transition and just as she was dropping down on the subsequent one.
Lumenactio

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)