Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Re: Zul'Jin

Postby Dapaladin » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:35 am

Rhî wrote:- Keep GCD free for instant Judgement of Blood

Judgements arent on the GCD :P
Dapaladin

Postby Demiblade » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:41 am

Just lead and tanked a progression kill of Zul'Jin for guild. My team gear is SSC full cleared, and TK on farm with Kael remaining. My gear is 21k hp raid buffed uncrit uncrush. Make sure you have 2 good melee DPS to get past phase 3 (where you just holy light your team, Aran style). Have your healers make a macro to heal target of focus target for phase 4. Get ready to judge and pick up fast (if consecrete alone didn't) after every aggro reset. If you made it to phase 5 with most people alive, and not asleep to move out of fire, the fight is won.

Having a prot pally for fire resist aura on melee team, an extra blessing, and simplification of AoE tanking initial adds was nice. I didn't buy that intervene hype. BoP targetoftarget macro worked fine if someone was about to die from claw in phase 4. This is the setup we used.

Tanks
1. Prot Pally

Healers
2. Holy Pally
3. Holy Pally
4. Priest
5. Shaman

DPS
6. Fury Warrior
7. Rogue
8. Hunter
9. Lock
10. Spriest
Demiblade

Postby Asterix » Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:13 am

I found that getting a stack of vengence ready for judgement when he changes phases works pretty well. Just keep swinging on him and when you see him target someone else let it rip. The raid needs to be aware that the dps needs to ease up a bit at these points until you've got it solidly.
Asterix

Postby Invisusira » Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:59 am

I've never had problems with him going to other people at stage switches. Just kindly remind everyone STOP DOTS! STOP DPS! WHELPS! LEFT SIDE! EVEN SIDE!!! HANDLE IT!!!

Er, not that last bit. Also, make sure that when you're chucking your shield, it's hitting him AFTER he's transformed into the animal. I'm not sure on the exact timing of his aggro reset, but when he's just standing there going bla bla bla dragonhawk I choose you, I only lay down a concecrate and then start casting sheild just as he's about to start attacking. And it's always been a non-issue.

As for group makeup, thus far it's looked like this:

Tank:
Me

Ranged:
Mage
Warlock
Hunter
Shammy/Spriest

Melee:
Feral
Rogue/Warrior/Shammy

Healers:
Priest
Priest/Druid
Paladin
Invisusira

Postby guillex » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:36 am

Invisusira wrote:I've never had problems with him going to other people at stage switches. Just kindly remind everyone STOP DOTS! STOP DPS! WHELPS! LEFT SIDE! EVEN SIDE!!! HANDLE IT!!!

Er, not that last bit. Also, make sure that when you're chucking your shield, it's hitting him AFTER he's transformed into the animal. I'm not sure on the exact timing of his aggro reset, but when he's just standing there going bla bla bla dragonhawk I choose you, I only lay down a concecrate and then start casting sheild just as he's about to start attacking. And it's always been a non-issue.

As for group makeup, thus far it's looked like this:

Tank:
Me

Ranged:
Mage
Warlock
Hunter
Shammy/Spriest

Melee:
Feral
Rogue/Warrior/Shammy

Healers:
Priest
Priest/Druid
Paladin

THAT'S A 50DKP MINUS! WHO THE FUCK AGGROED THEM?

sorry, couldn't resist
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Invisusira » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:42 am

OH, ALSO! For LYNX stage -

Have everyone stand on or next to the boss. He doesn't do any cleaves or whirlwinds or anything, so this way when he starts going into Bladefist Nutzo Mode, he pretty much just stays in the same place. This makes it easy for Prayer of Healing/Circle of Healing/Chain Heal to hit everyone and will also keep him in your concecrate.
Invisusira

Postby Menardi » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:33 pm

The aggro dump happens after his Battle Shout animation. Hunters are the best DPS for this fight as they can DPS freely in Phase 3, Feign Death the Claw Rage in Phase 4 and Misdirect if needed.
Menardi

Previous

Return to Zul'aman