Remove Advertisements

[10] Lord Rhyolith

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Lord Rhyolith

Postby Hrobertgar » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:56 am

There is a rock at the top on the right, have your healers stand on it.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:23 pm

Hrobertgar wrote:There is a rock at the top on the right, have your healers stand on it.

U don't happen to have a screenshot by any chance, right?

Raid is gonna try Rhyolith for the first time tonight.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Hrobertgar » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:58 pm

I might be able to take a screenshot tomorrow, but otherwise I don't have one.

We send a rogue up, and at the top of the ramp he finds this rock on the right side. Not on the flat space, right at the very top of the ramp, its a big rock, like 5yards by 5 yards an entire 10m raid can stand on it. Apparently by him getting somewhere up there, he can make the gauntlet stop, then the rest of us rendevous on the rock. I think he has to stand somewhere other than the rock to make the gauntlet stop, but we meet on the rock and the bad stuff does not touch the rock.

The tanks do have to leave the rock to pull the big add and stuff, and therefore so do the melee. But as heals, I stay on the damn rock until they are down and we prep for the boss himself. I mean the flavor is sortof like the gauntlet to get to V&T, but with the firebomb spam on top of the adds I don't feel guilty about using the rock, not at all.

Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Tebin » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:29 pm

Arincia wrote:Yeah we end up doing that but problem we have is that we keep having 2 random raid members getting silenced for 10-20 seconds when fighting the big guy at the top and it ends up causing wipes.

There are 3 separate pulls up there.

i) the little elementals
ii) The pair of fire revarants
iii) The fire elemental

Once you reach the elemental, he runs off. You can then aoe down the adds in peace.
After they're dead, you can pull the two revarants and kill them.
After that, you can kill the elemental.

After each phase you drop out of combat, although you've still got fireballs raining down on you so if you're going to eat/drink it has to be done carefully.
Tebin

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:15 am

Anyone knows what's the mechanic behind the way sparks spawn in this encounter? We killed him but there were tries where it seemed there no pause between the sparks spawning and the successful kill where we only had like 3 or 4 sparks total thru the encounter.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:17 am

Thermal Ignition — Lord Rhyolith releases a jet of cinders, inflicting 15000 Fire damage to players within 7 yards and creates either 5 Fragments of Rhyolith or 1 Spark of Rhyolith.

TBH, I've only done him once, but it felt like he was alternating between Fragments and Sparks. Might've just been lucky though.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby frontallobe » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:26 am

In our fights it was always Fragments -> Spark - Fragments -> Spark .. rinse repeat. Also to better gather the fragments I would have hunters save MD/multishot for when they spawned.. and it seems like they spawn near people so I had all the ranged "spread" out in about 1/4 of the pie while I was in the other 1/4 and the melee team was smashing volcanoes in the other 1/2 typically.
Frontallobe ~http://www.ihazlead.com
Raid leading and generally being terrible since Molten Core
frontallobe

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:34 am

I could swear we went several fragments in a row rather than fragment - spark - fragment
---
Klaudandus

Postby mclem » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:11 am

If 10-man is the same as 25-man, I'm pretty sure the sequence is Fragments->Spark->Fragments->Fragments->Spark->...

A Fragments at the start, then two Fragments between each Spark.
mclem

Postby Hrobertgar » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:31 am

It may be like Chimaeron, where the Fragment is like Decimate, and the Spark is like Fued.

I have beaten him, but as heals I am not always aware of details like add order but it doesn't have to be strictly static. Chimaeron's Feds were not static, these don't need to be either. Usually I try to keep up with the steering team to make certain they are not out of healing range, so add spawns are not something I normally track.

Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby frontallobe » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:48 am

"If 10-man is the same as 25-man, I'm pretty sure the sequence is Fragments->Spark->Fragments->Fragments->Spark->..." -- now that you say this.. you might be right.. ermm.. I'll check tonight.
Frontallobe ~http://www.ihazlead.com
Raid leading and generally being terrible since Molten Core
frontallobe

Postby Chicken » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:56 am

From what I know on 10-man that's not the order anyway. It seems to go Fragments > Spark > Fragments > Fragments > Spark > Fragments > Fragments > Spark > etc.
Chicken

Postby Jeremoot » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:01 am

Here's the strategy we developed for killing him last night. I was tanking, we had 2 melee dps, 2 healers, and the rest were ranged DPS. One of our healers, who happened to be a priest, would stand out towards the middle of the platform so they would always be in range of our melee leg-controllers. The rest of the ranged stayed stacked in a corner so we always knew where the adds were going to spawn, or we could at least funnel them all to that area. If a spark spawned, I grabbed it and pulled it out of the group. If a spark spawned on our priest, she could fade. If adds spawned on the melee, a hunter would MD them to me. The melee DPS controlling Lord Rhylolith's movement found that if they came to a corner too sharp, they would call for ranged DPS help on a certain leg to help turn him around.

Phase 2 is incredibly easy, and if I recall correctly we even went into it with a DPS dead. He sits down and gives you a chance to hit him a bit, and immediately after the phase change he'll do a stomp. The tank damage isn't that bad, and at 3 stacks he was hitting for about 40k before CDs (which is as high as the stacks got). Rotating Divine Protection -> Trinket + Holy Shield -> GaNK lasted me until the end of phase 2. You can use DG now, but I found that sometimes fragments would spawn while a spark was still up, which forced me to run into the ranged dps and cause group damage. I ended up using it then.

Add spawns always started with a fragments and then a spark, but after that it seemed completely random.
Jeremoot

Postby Arianne » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:24 am

The Spark timer alternates between 40s and 10-15s (it seems to be 10 but gets delayed by everything else he casts). The first set spawns at 10s into the encounter. The second set spawns 40s after that. The third set spawns 10-15s after that. The fourth set spawns 40s after the third set. The fifth set spawns 15s after the fourth set. So on and so forth. So you have one set that you need to burst down quickly so they don't explode and one set that you have 30s to kill before they explode.
Arianne

Postby domipal » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:19 pm

Chicken wrote:From what I know on 10-man that's not the order anyway. It seems to go Fragments > Spark > Fragments > Fragments > Spark > Fragments > Fragments > Spark > etc.

This is what I observed during our kill tonight.

also.. anyone else feel like this fight is the new chimaeron of firelands with the seemingly rng factor with the active volcanoes? or is it just my raid that is bad at steering
domipal

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)