Postby Andox » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:49 am

This is my current UI:

http://img338.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 343go7.jpg

I have some problems

*I need to remove the Map button on the minimap
    *I can´t see the mail icon on the minimap
    *It feels very strange to have all actionbars in the middle
    *All raidaddons are on the left side of the screen

Well, it works, but it´s not that sexy as I want it to be. Any advises?
Andox

Re: How to fix my UI

Postby Aevie » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:40 am

Andox wrote:*I need to remove the Map button on the minimap
*I can´t see the mail icon on the minimap

You've got some sort of map mod goin on there so you should be able to play around with the settings and which buttons you show/hide. Possibly right clicking on your map will bring up the GUI for this mod (I know it does for simpleMinimap, which I use). Also, you can see there are two buttons there on the right, one on top of the other, and if the one on the bottom is a Blizzard default button your map mod may have the functionality that you can drag & move that button wherever you want. If not, whatever mod that bigger button on top is should have in its settings somewhere the ability to change the radius/arc of its minimap icon or remove the icon from there altogether.

Andox wrote:*It feels very strange to have all actionbars in the middle

Then rearrange things! :] Nothing says your custom UI has to have its actionbars in the middle.

Well, it works, but it´s not that sexy as I want it to be. Any advises?

Glaring "issues" to me:
- Two threat meters. You only need (and want for accuracy purposes) one.
- Why have party showing? Hide party in raid :]
- Size of your SCT. If you're looking for more space, there's a good place to find it. Make that stuff smaller!

Pure aesthetic thoughts/preferences:
- FuBar can be hidden so that it only shows when you mouseover the bars, so if you don't really need to see all of that info all of the time, consider hiding it.
- The buffs... I had this going on for awhile too but then I looked at it, thought more about it, and decided I really wasn't gaining a lot aesthetically, and I definitely wasn't gaining any space. Consider scaling, recolouring, using the abbreviated buff names, etc :]
- Red button for Pally Power, lock it and get rid of that button.

<3
Aevie
Aevie

Postby Andox » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:15 am

Ok, thanks for the tips.

Is there any good place to place the actionbars at? i mean, dunno where to place the chat and combatlog if I spread them out in the lower area of my screen.
Andox

Postby Aevie » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:37 am

Andox wrote:Ok, thanks for the tips.

Is there any good place to place the actionbars at? i mean, dunno where to place the chat and combatlog if I spread them out in the lower area of my screen.

Are you a clicker? If not, and you know your keybindings, there's not too much reason to have them front and centre. You could hide them so they only show on mouseover, you could scale them down and run them along the bottom/side of your screen... whatever works for you :] For awhile I ran with my chat screen in the bottom middle with action bars to either side (two columns of 4 buttons). Really, whatever you like!

<3
Aevie
Aevie

Postby Levantine » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:14 pm

K, so pretty much what Aevie said. =/ The buff bars are terribad. Scale, abbreviate and make them a less obtrusive colour.

KTM + Omen = headache. Kill off KTM, cause it's ugly, and rescale Omen, it doesn't need to be that big. Personally I only have the Name, Percentage and TPS columns showing, and only the top 5 threat monsters.

For the love of god, please change the agUF texture. -_-' That has to be the UGLIEST texture I've ever seen.

I's suggest picking up Prat and Eavesdrop as well, (If you insist on having a combat log visible). They are sexy sexy mods.

Ummm, I dunno what to tell you about the Action Bars, since I like my UI in a completely different orientation, but I know that bottombars (i.e. the actionbars spread out along the bottom) are one of the, lets say, less attractive layout designs. =/

On a side note, if you're going for aesthetic appeal and you're fair at using mods and macros, try eePanels2. I think with that layout, a smart use of gradients could look hot.

OOOOH, and hide your party frames. You don't need them in a raid.

And also, just a layout thing, try and balance things, like, for instance, moving Omen to the other side would even the bottom up a little bit.

Let's see, oh yah, scale down your SCT. :) Easy to do and saves a crapton of screen real estate.

Aaaaand lastly, if you're going to put your unit frames off to the side like that, I might suggest picking up a HUD, and tweaking your SCT to flow around it. I think iceHUD can be tweaked fairly nicely these days.
Levantine

Postby Andox » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:04 pm

Ok.

Which skin do you recomment to AG_Unitframes, and how to config SCT to do that? I´ve tried once, but I screwed up my whole SCT =/
Andox

Postby guillex » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:53 pm

Andox wrote:Ok.

Which skin do you recomment to AG_Unitframes, and how to config SCT to do that? I´ve tried once, but I screwed up my whole SCT =/

Forget SCT. Get Mikk's Scrolling Combat Text. Nicer, more options, and it has spam suppression (ie: instead of seeing 6 different hits for consecration, it'll say Consecration 720 (6 hits) ).

You can also configure the scroll areas to where you want them, create new scroll areas for incoming heals or whatever the heck you want.

edit: made a mistake in how MSCT displays a flood hit
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Andox » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:46 am

Nice, I´ll try that. I also upload a new UI shot today so you can see the improvements.
Andox

Postby Levantine » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:22 am

Andox wrote:Which skin do you recomment to AG_Unitframes

I prefer less distracting textures such as Melli Dark, Minimalist, Armory and Smooth etc.
Levantine

Postby Andox » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:02 am

You think this is better than before?

http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 057al4.jpg
Andox

Postby guillex » Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:57 am

Put your Omen on the other side of the screen. Balance, young one.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Levantine » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:19 am

Omen should def go on the other side, but other than that it's a huge step up from what I can see... which is the problem, actually, we can't see your SCT or grid. Maybe Omen should stay there, we really don't know.

Raid shot imo. :)
Levantine

Postby Andox » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:22 am

I´m working on raidshot, but we don´t raid much because its cristmas tomorrow :wink:

My PP and Grid is on the left side of the chatbox. I will see if I can improve my minimap and buffbar.
Andox

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros