[Caster] Legendary Staff

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Caster] Legendary Staff

Postby Invisusira » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:11 am

The Delgation quest is working now; here's the information we have so far:

• Fragments drop during the boss encounter they're meant to be used on.
• You don't actually have to kill any of the bosses, once you loot your Charged Focus you're done.

DELEGATION

Beth'tilac:
Obsidian-Flecked Chitin Fragments are looted from Obsidian-Flecked Chitin, which fall from dead Cinderweb Drones. Once you have three, you combine them to create a Dull Chitinous Focus. You must then go on top of the web and place the Focus near Beth'tilac and allow it to be hit by her Smoldering Devastation ability, which happens three times in phase one of the fight. You may now loot the Charged Chitinous Focus.

Shannox:
Emberstone Fragments are looted from Emberstone Fragments, three of which fall from destroyed Crystal Prisons. Once you have three, you combine them to create a Dull Emberstone Focus. You must then watch for Shannox's Hurl Spear ability, and place the Focus on the ground where his spear is going to hit (indicated by a red circle). You may now loot the Charged Emberstone Focus.

Lord Rhyolith:
Rhyolite Fragments are looted from Rhyolite Fragments, which spawn when Rhyolith uses his Concussive Stop ability. Once you have three, you combine them to create a Dull Rhyolite Focus. You must now watch for his Concussive Stop ability again and, as he's casting it, place the Focus under his foot and allow him to stomp on it. You may now loot the Charged Rhyolite Focus.

Alysrazor:
Pyreshell Fragments are looted from Pyreshell Fragments, which spawn when a Voracious Hatchling hatches from their egg. Once you have three, you combine them to create a Dull Pyreshell Focus. You must now wait until phase four of the fight, and place the Focus on the ground near Alysrazor while she is using her Ignited ability. You can place it at any time before she hits 100 Molten Power, at which point she will cast Full Power, which will create the Charged Pyreshell Focus for you to loot.

Once you have collected all four Charged Foci, you may open the portal and face Volcanus the Firelord. Volcanus is a relatively straightforward 3-phase fight.
Phase 1: Kill the Harbingers of Flame. Have interrupters on each of them.
Phase 2: Kill the Tormented Protector. He cast a damaging root on the entire raid, followed by a knockback. Dispel the root AFTER the knockback or your raid will be sent off the edge of the platform.
Phase 3: Kill Volcanus. Avoid fire. Volcanus also has a constant fire AoE that ramps up over time. (Hero/Lust.)

Congradulations! Loot your Branch of Nordrassil and go turn Delegation in!

Next up: 1000 Seething Cinders! They only drop from bosses, you get more for killing 25m bosses than 10m bosses, and I'm assuming you get more for doing it in HC mode.
Last edited by Invisusira on Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
Invisusira

Re: [Caster] Legendary Staff (updated Jul 13)

Postby Invisusira » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:56 am

Updated with new patch information.
Invisusira

Re: [Caster] Legendary Staff

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:15 am

Just curious... but does anyone know if multiple people can work on the Delegation quest at the same time, or if you have to do a separate pull per person? Only reason I ask is because there is a possibility myself and the warlock in our raid group will end up both collecting the Embers for the first quest around the same time. Obviously the 1000 Seething Cinders would have to be split up...
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:32 am

99% sure that you don't get extra drops from the boss. So either you'd give them all to one person, or both people would take twice as long to get their staves at the same time.
Invisusira

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:29 am

Not referring to the Embers or the Cinders, only the fragments from Alys, Shan, Rhyo, Beth. The reason our Embers are split is because the lock can only make it on Fridays, so any Embers we get on Saturday go to me.

For example, on Rhyo, he stomps the first time, lock picks up the shards and prepares for the 2nd stomp. I pick up the shards from the 2nd stomp and prepare for the 3rd stomp.

Since it was stated at the beginning of the OP that you don't have to kill the boss to complete the fragment, I took that to mean we could potentially both clear up the fragments simultaneously instead of having to do so on multiple raid nights.
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:34 am

Ah. Yeah, that you can do. The shards from each encounter will keep spawning as long as someone has the quest in their log, even if the objectives have been completed.
Invisusira

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:38 am

I guess another question... do they clear out of your bags after a wipe, or can you pick up the shards, wipe (for whatever reason) then complete the charging on the 2nd pull?
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:14 am

The quest items do not despawn, so you can wipe and redo.

A general question -- for the 1000 shards and 250 essences, what quantities are people seeing in 10N, 10H, and 25N?

We have so many staves in queue I'm trying to think of a more time-efficient way to do these in parallel.

I know there was a stealth nerf at one point, but ISTR something being reversed, so I don't know what the actual numbers are now at this point.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:24 am

I get 8 essences per 10H boss pretty consistently. Got around 20 shards each iirc.

And yeah, your bags don't get wiped ever. So you can keep wiping/retrying as many times as you need.
Invisusira

Postby Hrobertgar » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:20 am

Note that for Beth'tilac at least, you almost have to wipe to do the quest.

Colelcting 3 fragments (in 10m at least) takes long enough that the quest-goer probably would not make it onto a spinenr web in time for the 2nd Devastation, which would require using the 3rd. Yet there are no spinners after the 3rd Devastation to allow someone to retrieve the focus. So, you can collect the three fragments, then wipe and do the charging on the 1st or 2nd Devastation. Or if you have immunity/invisibility, you can get the fragments then go up and use your ability to survive Devastation so as to immediately retrieve it and then hop down.

I had heard that once you assemble the focus that it has a lifetime duration of like 10m or something, preventing you from assembling the focus and then coming back another night or week, but that the individual fragments do not have time limits. And I see them constantly on our fights after our mage already got his baseline staff.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby warden » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:26 am

Note that you can actually charge all 4 items needed for the quest without ever killing a boss; to save time during the main raids, we come in on 10 man during pre-raid time when we have someone on this point in the quest, get the 4 charged foci (sp?), kill the staff boss, and then are ready to go by raid time without any of us being saved. It takes about an hour or so, but saves a lot of time during the main raid on 25 man.

"Don't facepalm at me... Ret paladins don't facepalm each other. Its against the code!" -Anafielle
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:11 am

Yay stats

http://www.wowhead.com/item=69815#comments:id=1487131

Essentially:

10 Man 25 Man
Normal 18-23 48-55
Heroic 23-26 55-66

For Cinders. Now digging for Essences.

I think this is up-to-date?
http://www.wowhead.com/quest=29307#comments:id=1512723
- 25H drops 10 essences per boss; quest completed after 5 weeks
- 10H drops 7 essences per boss; quest completed after 6 weeks
- Normal modes will drop 10-15% fewer essences

Can anyone comment on normal mode Essences for 10 and 25M?

Even more spelt out:
http://www.icy-veins.com/dragonwrath-le ... #sec-3-5-6

Cinders:
in 10-man normal difficulty: 20-21 (7 to 8 full clears);
in 10-man heroic difficulty: 25 (6 to 7 full clears);
in 25-man normal difficulty: 50 (3 full clears);
in 25-man heroic difficulty: 60-65 (2 full clears + 2/3 bosses).

Essences:
in 10-man normal difficulty: 2-3 (14-21 full clears);
in 10-man heroic difficulty: 7 (6 full clears);
in 25-man normal difficulty: 7 (6 full clears);
in 25-man heroic difficulty: 9-10 (5 full clears).

Well, that answers that question.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Rhiannon » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:47 pm

Hrobertgar wrote:Note that for Beth'tilac at least, you almost have to wipe to do the quest.

Collecting 3 fragments (in 10m at least) takes long enough that the quest-goer probably would not make it onto a spinner web in time for the 2nd Devastation, which would require using the 3rd.

One drone drops multiple fragments (both on 10 and 25 man), so all you need is to kill one drone and then you can go up when the next spinners spawn. It's easy to not notice multiple fragments though if you're not expecting them.
Rhiannon

Postby Doz » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:31 pm

Hrobertgar wrote:Note that for Beth'tilac at least, you almost have to wipe to do the quest.

Colelcting 3 fragments (in 10m at least) takes long enough that the quest-goer probably would not make it onto a spinenr web in time for the 2nd Devastation, which would require using the 3rd. Yet there are no spinners after the 3rd Devastation to allow someone to retrieve the focus. So, you can collect the three fragments, then wipe and do the charging on the 1st or 2nd Devastation. Or if you have immunity/invisibility, you can get the fragments then go up and use your ability to survive Devastation so as to immediately retrieve it and then hop down.

I had heard that once you assemble the focus that it has a lifetime duration of like 10m or something, preventing you from assembling the focus and then coming back another night or week, but that the individual fragments do not have time limits. And I see them constantly on our fights after our mage already got his baseline staff.

Not true at all. Got mine done without trouble/wiping, and I had never been up top before and had no idea what went on up there ;). I'd rather do this quest again 1000 times than do the Nexus boss again hehe.
Doz

Postby Aoaga » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:12 pm

I know this is replying to an older post, but the question is related to current game situation. Although the Legendary Staff is very sweet, with the release of DS, does anyone reccommend still trying to get groups together to go into FL for this weapon? The grind would be long for me (as our guild is only really capable of doing 10 mans). I guess I wonder, if it is worth the grind vice the drop(s) in Dragon Soul? Mind you the whole turning into a Dragon thing is nice but that aside.....thoughts?
Aoaga

Next

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes