Remove Advertisements

Mirrored Boots - Why you so ugly?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Mirrored Boots - Why you so ugly?

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:44 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Speaking of ugly, the big belt styles they use these days are probably the only thing I've seen in game that can not be made to look good on a Dwarf. Hideous things cover half the torso. Worst part is, they don't look that bad on Gnomes.

They need to add more "Hide Item" functions.. Tabard, Belt, and Gloves (possibly) obviously the bare essentials shouldn't be hide-able
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Worldie » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:55 am

Jonlo wrote:Such... low... resolution.

Worldie needs a new computer.

This december :> Till then 0 graphic in order to have 20 fps in raid.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Hrobertgar » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:03 am

Speaking of ugly, the big belt styles they use these days are probably the only thing I've seen in game that can not be made to look good on a Dwarf. Hideous things cover half the torso. Worst part is, they don't look that bad on Gnomes.

The big belts must be because Blizz hired a designer from Texas, and thus everyone has a propper hick belt buckle :lol:

As to why they look good on Gnomes, well I guess the Gnomes are just fashionistas :lol:
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Jeremoot » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:47 pm

Hrobertgar wrote:
Speaking of ugly, the big belt styles they use these days are probably the only thing I've seen in game that can not be made to look good on a Dwarf. Hideous things cover half the torso. Worst part is, they don't look that bad on Gnomes.

The big belts must be because Blizz hired a designer from Texas, and thus everyone has a propper hick belt buckle :lol:

As to why they look good on Gnomes, well I guess the Gnomes are just fashionistas :lol:

The designers like the big belts because they can put more detail on them. I don't see why they can't just make them big and then scale them down?
Jeremoot

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:52 pm

Jeremoot wrote:
Hrobertgar wrote:

The designers like the big belts because they can put more detail on them. I don't see why they can't just make them big and then scale them down?

You lose detail when you scale things down :P
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby fafhrd » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:56 pm

That's what she said :X
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Amirya » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:02 pm

I don't even know why the hell they need to put details on belts.

Me personally, I prefer function over form. I'd be ok wearing all black armor that was boring to look at, so long as it did its job in game.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Jeremoot » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:25 pm

Sabindeus wrote:You lose detail when you scale things down :P

I guess I took it as "there's more area for us to draw pretty pictures" rather than "there's more pixels." Regardless, the WWE belts are ugly and we were promised better belts in the future.
Jeremoot

Postby Orthien » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:50 pm

That belt looks like its holding in a beer gut or something.

Not a big fan of the belts or shields this expansion so far. Saying that is it to much to ask for to once get some plate belts and boots for tanking that match the Pally tier, I get why they have it split as it is but Warriors and DK's can match dam it why can't we.

I am a big fan of the better legs though and its nice to have our "Plated Robe" finally be a "Robe" and have legs seperate.
Orthien

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:56 pm

Orthien wrote:I am a big fan of the better legs though and its nice to have our "Plated Robe" finally be a "Robe" and have legs seperate.

And it suddenly just clicked for me that if I pick up the tier chest it'll hide my ugly boots. BEST THING EVER.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:37 pm

Amirya wrote:I don't even know why the hell they need to put details on belts.

Me personally, I prefer function over form. I'd be ok wearing all black armor that was boring to look at, so long as it did its job in game.

Sometimes (actually all the time) I wish my rogue's gear would actually look like something an assassin would wear to blend into the shadows. Not like an effing lighthouse (T9 looked like it had flashing lights stolen off a bloody fire truck on its shoulderpads).
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby inthedrops » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:51 am

fuzzygeek wrote:Bring back the bulwark :[

Best shield graphic in game.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:58 am

Pyrea wrote:
Amirya wrote:I don't even know why the hell they need to put details on belts.

Sometimes (actually all the time) I wish my rogue's gear would actually look like something an assassin would wear to blend into the shadows. Not like an effing lighthouse (T9 looked like it had flashing lights stolen off a bloody fire truck on its shoulderpads).

Bring back the entire Blackened Defias set!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:07 am

Bloodfang would also work. Dark colours like green, blue and red. Just don't send me out to assassinate someone while dressing me up in the equivalent of a piccadilly circus/time square billboard. Not exactly what I would call inconspicuous...
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:33 am

Pyrea wrote:Bloodfang would also work. Dark colours like green, blue and red. Just don't send me out to assassinate someone while dressing me up in the equivalent of a piccadilly circus/time square billboard. Not exactly what I would call inconspicuous...

With the way everyone else looks... it's the only way to truly blend in... if you were wearing the Blackened Defias or Bloodfang sets in today's world of gear... don't you think you'd stand out even MORE?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General