Remove Advertisements

Divine Shield not dropping stacks in Firelands?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Divine Shield not dropping stacks in Firelands?

Postby Worldie » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:19 am

Treck wrote:
Worldie wrote:And Alystrazor tornados aren't very easy to cycle around if your PC is not so strong like mine :( Half of the times I end up getting caught offguard by a tornado I haven't seen, bubble <3

You just follow one and then as soon as one pass you on any side, you start following thatone, and then repeat untill boss goes down.
Easy to do even with Hatchling hitting you.

Oh that's what I do, but my PC is not so strong and goes very low on FPS at that point. You try doing dodging with 5 fps :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:20 am

Pyrea wrote:
Sagara wrote:
Treck wrote:You just follow one and then as soon as one pass you on any side, you start following thatone, and then repeat untill boss goes down.

:shock: So simple, yet so elegant... Consider yourself plagiarized this very second!

There is another way? *boggle*

Yes, there is - it's called luck, also known as "the beheaded chicken technique".
Not NEARLY as succesfull though. And stressfull on healers.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby PsiVen » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:13 am

Alys' tornadoes don't bother my computer much, but Rag's add spam sure does. Oof.

If you bubble with a Searing Seed it will explode immediately, not just remove it, so make sure you run out when you do that.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Jonlo » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:19 am

PsiVen wrote:Alys' tornadoes don't bother my computer much, but Rag's add spam sure does. Oof.

If you bubble with a Searing Seed it will explode immediately, not just remove it, so make sure you run out when you do that.

Man, when the Molten Seeds spawn with all the Hellfire animations, and we have Healing Rains and Efflorences on the ground with a Spirit Link totem and all the classes AoE'ing, I dip down in FPS to like, 15 or so. And I have a monster computer.
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:33 am

Worldie wrote:From what I've seen it stops you from taking damage but the debuff keeps stacking.

That seems the ideal of how it should work everywhere - for its duration it stops you taking damage, like it claims. But it shouldn't reset important encounter mechanics that in many situations (Sinestra whelp tanking for instance) force a tank swap or a tank death due to things stacking up too far.

Then again, rogues/mages cloaking/blocking off stacks of debuffs is similarly gamechanging, but they're not tanks so it's not as binary a choice as for a tank.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby fafhrd » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:39 am

Jonlo wrote:
PsiVen wrote:Alys' tornadoes don't bother my computer much, but Rag's add spam sure does. Oof.

Man, when the Molten Seeds spawn with all the Hellfire animations, and we have Healing Rains and Efflorences on the ground with a Spirit Link totem and all the classes AoE'ing, I dip down in FPS to like, 15 or so. And I have a monster computer.

You should probably check for something being wrong then, unless you're playing at a really high resolution like something 3k+ :/ Do you have DX11 enabled, and the system well ventilated?

I *don't* have a monster computer (although it's still pretty good) and I can't ever drop below about 45fps in WoW, even with everything maxed out, 1920x1080, 4x FSAA and FRAPsing @ 60fp. Most of the time it's pegged at 59fps.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Worldie » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:00 am

Mmm gonna suggest our holy pala to bubble the seeds in raid!
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby thegreatheed » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:33 pm

Gabe wrote:It also lbegs the question: How many unique Paladin tools does that leave us? LoH, DG and WoG? LoH is nice and you can pry it off my cold dead hands but DG is not nearly as useful anymore with the 30 yard range and CD on WoG changed it from a spell with a major impact on a fight to a decent tool in a bind.

LoH was neutered for the Gatekeeper fight. My LoH was healing for 35k.
thegreatheed

Postby Non » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:49 pm

Sagara wrote:
Treck wrote:You just follow one and then as soon as one pass you on any side, you start following thatone, and then repeat untill boss goes down.

:shock: So simple, yet so elegant... Consider yourself plagiarized this very second!

This is an animation one of our warriors made to explain it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14986653/AlysrazorTornadoes.swf
**"It's no secret that any correspondence between what Non says and the truth is purely coincidental"
Non

Postby Treck » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:58 am

thegreatheed wrote:LoH was neutered for the Gatekeeper fight. My LoH was healing for 35k.

Only if you have been hit by the Decimation blade. The debuff reduce healing done by 90% or smth.
I dont really know why tho, WoG heals for 30k, not much when you have millions of hp, DK shield is the same, like 7% of your health, atleast it scales but meh.
Warriors selfheal is crap for decimation anyway, and druids, no clue.
Treck

Postby maurok » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:47 am

If you are not tanking decimation blade, you can use it on your co-tank when he does it. decimation blade will hit for 3 times, so the tank must be healed to his full Health fast twice (4s each time)... So a LoH on the 1st decimation blade (while the healers still don't have many stacks) was very valuable for our first kill.
maurok

Postby thegreatheed » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:41 pm

maurok wrote:If you are not tanking decimation blade, you can use it on your co-tank when he does it. decimation blade will hit for 3 times, so the tank must be healed to his full Health fast twice (4s each time)... So a LoH on the 1st decimation blade (while the healers still don't have many stacks) was very valuable for our first kill.

Ya, but I was the Decimation Blade tank, and Ardent Defender is extremely powerful there, so I guess I shouldn't complain about LoH.
thegreatheed

Postby Treck » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:44 pm

Strong tanks solotank Baleroc :P
Treck

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:50 pm

Treck likes making healers cry, c/d.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:31 pm

Treck wrote:Strong tanks solotank Baleroc :P

I really can't imagine what kind of monster healers can 2 man-heal Decimation Blade on a tank with 1kk+ HP.

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General