Remove Advertisements

Mirrored Boots - Why you so ugly?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Mirrored Boots - Why you so ugly?

Postby Xenix » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:07 pm

Nikachelle wrote:They haven't used that boot model since before the Ulduar crafted ones (Spiked Deathdealers I think?) if I recall correctly. The last time I remember wearing this old boot model was from the Naxx 10 boots. Edit: And the reason I remember that is because I popped those babies on and watched myself run around Dalaran while squealing in glee at the way my fancy boots looked!

Yeah - it's ye olde generic plate boots model, used on pretty much all of them before WotLK.

What's even worse though is the DK pants model this tier. After multiple tiers of getting 3-D plate armor pants that actually looks like plate (or cloth with plate over it), they're stuck having tights with a texture on them. :lol:
Kimurellia - Holy/Protection Paladin - Scions of Destiny - Eredar-US
Xenix

Postby Nikachelle » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:10 pm

I'd take "tights with textures" over what my guildie so mockingly called my boots as "wellies". >.<
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:07 pm

Xenix wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:They haven't used that boot model since before the Ulduar crafted ones (Spiked Deathdealers I think?) if I recall correctly. The last time I remember wearing this old boot model was from the Naxx 10 boots. Edit: And the reason I remember that is because I popped those babies on and watched myself run around Dalaran while squealing in glee at the way my fancy boots looked!

Yeah - it's ye olde generic plate boots model, used on pretty much all of them before WotLK.

What's even worse though is the DK pants model this tier. After multiple tiers of getting 3-D plate armor pants that actually looks like plate (or cloth with plate over it), they're stuck having tights with a texture on them. :lol:

it wasnt just plate
they were on alot of boots back in vanilla and bc

it drove me nuts when my belf rogue had a pair of leather ones with that model....
WTF show boots check off!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Epimer » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:06 am

Still doesn't look as bad as my new Ret belt does with T11 set gear.
Epimer

Postby Worldie » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:48 am

Epimer wrote:Still doesn't look as bad as my new Ret belt does with T11 set gear.

I don't think it looks so bad, well, if half of your gear is red as well it's cool.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jonlo » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:06 am

Such... low... resolution.

Worldie needs a new computer.
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby Shathus » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:06 am

Worldie wrote:The shield doesn't look bad to be honest, much better than that crab wooden barrier I got off Nefarian.

I started using the Nef shield just because I got tired of Blockade's shield after 7 months. It wouldn't have been as annoying to me (Blockade) but I don't like how it got 'stretched' after patch 4.0.6, it just doesn't look right!
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:44 am

bldavis wrote:WTF show boots check off!

?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:47 am

Worldie wrote:
Epimer wrote:Still doesn't look as bad as my new Ret belt does with T11 set gear.

I don't think it looks so bad, well, if half of your gear is red as well it's cool.

That looks kind of like you're wearing a very sheer full-body spandex type suit.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:59 am

Well it could be one of blizzards famously "Sexy" models... for males they look like what your wearing now and for females their high heals with armor on them?!
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Flex » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:27 am

Sock boots are the worst. Miles more bad than those.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:30 am

Flex wrote:Sock boots are the worst. Miles more bad than those.

I agree.. sock boots are god aweful.
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Epimer » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:09 am

Worldie wrote:I don't think it looks so bad, well, if half of your gear is red as well it's cool.

It looks better on you than on me.

Epimer

Postby halabar » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:19 am

Epimer wrote:
Worldie wrote:I don't think it looks so bad, well, if half of your gear is red as well it's cool.

It looks better on you than on me.

Wow, that belt is so high... I'm not sure if it's WWE, old-guy pants, or just Depends...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:30 am

Speaking of ugly, the big belt styles they use these days are probably the only thing I've seen in game that can not be made to look good on a Dwarf. Hideous things cover half the torso. Worst part is, they don't look that bad on Gnomes.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

PreviousNext

Return to General