Remove Advertisements

Tricks (or alternative)

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Tricks (or alternative)

Postby Worldie » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:46 am

I've been using this addon for quite a while
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... ricks.aspx
but it aint working anymore and the Author hasn't managed to fix it yet.

I'm looking for a working version or an alternative addon.

What the addon does / i need to do:
- Announces in /s or /ra if I kick something
- Announces in /s or /ra if I use a certain skill (cooldowns, md, ToT mainly)
- Tells me if someone else interrupts something

Any idea someone?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Re: Tricks (or alternative)

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:32 am

Thatjusthappened is what I use for this, and then some.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:14 pm

I don't think i can possibly configure TJH to track every single interrupt in raid O.o
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby jere » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:18 pm

There are only so many types of interrupts:
Kick
Shield Bash
Wind Shear
etc.

You could just set up a rule for each of the spells if I remember correctly.
jere

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:41 pm

"spell_interrupt" is an event, so it'll catch every kind of interrupt, unless the interrupt happens as a side effect of a stun (shockwave, conc blow, that kind of thing). You don't need to set each interrupt manually.

I have my rule set to announce interrupts done by someone in the party to party chat only (for coordinating interrupt chains on nef).

"SPELL_INTERRUPT;;;;party;PARTY;;"

You can set it to display to yourself only if you wanted to, or you can set that to anyone in raid interrupting sent to raid_warning, or whatnot.

There's a "hidden" guild chat option as well. Which reminds me, I need to set up a joke.
Last edited by fuzzygeek on Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:48 pm

Mmm okay, thanks for the headup, I'll give it a go.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby inthedrops » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:49 pm

I took a quick peek at the Tricks addon, the developer just needs to actually test his addons before he checks them in :)

I don't know if this is the only problem, but I went in looking for the 4.2 CLEU change and found an unrelated error in his code, for example, the file:

\Tricks\Content\Event\Event_Class\Event_Class_Druid.lua

has:

Code: Select all
function Event_Class_Druid_OnEvent(self, event, ...)
   local timestamp, subEvent, hideCaster, sourceGUID, sourceName, sourceFlags, sourceRaidFlags, destGUID, destName, destFlags, destRaidFlags = select(1, ...)

if type == "SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS" then
      local spellId = select(12, ...)

But "type" should be subEvent, e.g.:

function Event_Class_Druid_OnEvent(self, event, ...)
   local timestamp, subEvent, hideCaster, sourceGUID, sourceName, sourceFlags, sourceRaidFlags, destGUID, destName, destFlags, destRaidFlags = select(1, ...)

if subEvent== "SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS" then
      local spellId = select(12, ...)

You can try checking all the various class modules and see if changing that fixes it, no guarantees though. I didn't actually try to use the addon, but that's a glaring mistake which will no doubt prevent all functionality.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby inthedrops » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:55 pm

Edit: This bug is rampant in his code. Straight up copy/paste and not tested issue. Hopefully that's the only bug!
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:52 am

I edited the Luas as you suggested and all is working again, awesome :)

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fafhrd » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:25 pm

Suppose you don't need it anymore, but if I read your OP correctly and you only want announcements in chat for things you yourself do, WakeSpams does exactly what you ask for - will announce in configurable ways when you interrupt, and will announce in configurable ways when you use various class abilities (you can add more, but the defaults cover most stuff).

edit: i should read more carefully - WS won't tell you when other people interrupt stuff
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Worloch » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:57 am

RSA (Raeli's Spell Announcer) also will do what you want for your own spells. It doesn't catch other players events though.
Worloch

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:51 am

Well Tricks hasn't yet been updated, but after fixing it manually as suggested it's working perfectly.

Its main utility for me is telling me when other people interrupt: that way i know if someone unintended interrupted a cast and / or if we'll need a backup interrupt. I haven't found any other addon that does it.
Telling my own CDs to the raid is a bonus but there's plenty of addons that do that.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Raeli » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:51 am

Worloch wrote:RSA (Raeli's Spell Announcer) also will do what you want for your own spells. It doesn't catch other players events though.

I can make RSA do this though, fairly easily - though to be honest, I want to re do certain parts of it, it's getting quite messy now, but still, if this is something people wanted, it wouldn't be hard to do.

You can write a small addon just to watch for SPELL_INTERRUPT on Combat Log Event Unfiltered and then print a message to your chat window or something.

local frame = CreateFrame("Frame", "frame")
frame:RegisterEvent("COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED")
local pName = UnitName("player")
local function CLEU(_, _, _, event, _, _, source, _, _, _, dest, _, _, spellID, spellName)
   if event == "SPELL_INTERRUPT" and source ~= pName then
      ChatFrame1:AddMessage(source .. " interrupted " .. spellName .. " from " .. " dest ") -- e.g. Raeli interrupted Fireball from Ethana
   end
end
frame:SetScript("OnEvent", CLEU)

I haven't tested it, but it should work. It will send a message to your chat window whenever anyone BUT you interrupts a spell. It's fairly simple, so it should be easy enough to customise.
Raeli

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:36 am

Sounds cool, sometimes I wish I could really get myself into learning how LUA works.

Worldie
Global Mod

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros