ZG Tiger Boss

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby jere » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:35 am

Guillex wrote:
jere wrote:
Guillex wrote:This topic should go here please

Since when is ZG = ZA? :)

I'm sorry. Coffee's still not kicked in.

Is this better for you jere? :P

yes, that is indeed better, though still not appropriate as it isn't a discussion on general strats. Honestly it belongs in an old world instances forum, but I haven't found that one yet.
jere

Postby guillex » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:39 am

Yyyyyeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah... I'm going to just troll for a bit. Think I've outlived my "browsing-at-work" usefulness.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Emoir » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:41 am

jere wrote:yes, that is indeed better, though still not appropriate as it isn't a discussion on general strats. Honestly it belongs in an old world instances forum, but I haven't found that one yet.

There isn't one it seems. It's not really worth discussing in it's own forum, is it? It's called a "one-off": http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/one%20off
Emoir

Postby Hixx-LaughingSkull » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:42 pm

l2asstank

basically its the way I tank moroes every time, if he cant see your face, he can't gouge you!
Hixx-LaughingSkull

Postby Ashkicker » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:14 pm

Hixx-LaughingSkull wrote:l2asstank

basically its the way I tank moroes every time, if he cant see your face, he can't gouge you!

how this might be acceptable for ZG since they are still only set up to be tanked by a lvl 60 in blues / zg epics instead of someone that is lvl 70, i wouldn't recommend "asstanking" Moroes or any other boss b/c of the simple fact that if you are not looking at them you can not parry or block (not sure about dodging) making you once again crushable.
Ashkicker

Postby Emoir » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:20 pm

Ashkicker wrote:
Hixx-LaughingSkull wrote:l2asstank

how this might be acceptable for ZG since they are still only set up to be tanked by a lvl 60 in blues / zg epics instead of someone that is lvl 70, i wouldn't recommend "asstanking" Moroes or any other boss b/c of the simple fact that if you are not looking at them you can not parry or block (not sure about dodging) making you once again crushable.

Correct. For a ZG boss, this is fine. For a ZA boss (or any other current raid boss), if you "asstank" you'll get "assraped."
Emoir

Postby Dorvan » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:28 pm

Moved to general strats forum. Encounter specific stuff should almost always go in one of the strat forums :)

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Gothik » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:47 am

Dorvan wrote:Moved to general strats forum. Encounter specific stuff should almost always go in one of the strat forums :)

Stop moving it around :roll: Anyway i was thinking about that strategy to avoid gouge since the add is only 62 as far as i know, so my only concern is interrupts.

I tried to find some movies of the fight with 2-3 people, but got nothing yet.
Gothik

Postby Hixx-LaughingSkull » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:04 pm

tell your healers to man up, moroes hits like a bitch anyway, regardless of crushes and no avoidance.
Hixx-LaughingSkull

Postby Eanin » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:48 am

Is this boss possible to solo, then? It seems like a simple tank, but I'm a little puzzled as to how to kill them all simultaneously.
Eanin

Postby Janduin » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:59 am

Woah thread necro!

Your problem would be interrupting the heals. You might be able to pull it off with imp HoJ and arcane torrent, I don't know how often the healing add casts. I do not think killing them simultaneously would be too bad...Hammer hits 3 targets, and BoSanc would give you the mana for consecration probably with 3 things meleeing you.
Janduin

Postby phaqueue » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:22 am

Did it with Ret Pally and Feral Druid... used bash/HoJ to interrupt heals, got them low enough and blew everything to burn them

got it on the first try
phaqueue

Postby Elsie » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:27 am

You could probably get away with your healer standing on one of the stumps near the steps to the area. It's an evade spot, but gouge should break before they reset? Dunno.
Elsie

Re: ZG Tiger Boss

Postby Korbah » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:52 pm

Gothik wrote:Hi there,

i would like to know if its possible to kill tiger boss with 1 protection paladin + 1 healer. Ive seen videos showing how to solo panther boss but couldnt find anything about tyhe tiger one..

Anyone got experience with this?

Yeah, if your healer is a priest, or maybe a shaman. Mana burn > the priest's heals. =)
Korbah

Postby Krazy » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:51 am

Heh, for fun I tried solo'ing this today...let me tell you....

I could see a druid doing it but for a paladin it is truly impossible...

I take pretty much no damage so I could fight them forever but there is no way to stop that heal. Plus she silences so much and even if arcane torrent or HoJ is up the silence keeps you from using it.

I even tried Seal of Justice to keep her stunned a lot but not even that could reduce the silences to the point where I could interrupt effectively.

I thought maybe I could make her use her mana up...nada...after 30 minutes she still had like 500 mana gone...must be some insane MP5.

Shame too because I would really like to farm it for the mount :-(
Krazy

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats