The 4.2 Is Out Now Thread

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: The 4.2 Is Out Now Thread

Postby fafhrd » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:23 am

Sabindeus wrote:
fafhrd wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:The Hamuul dailies are shared with the Mylune dailies - you only get one at a time.

Well that's no contest if there's a choice, Mylune all the way.

Ah, the great outdoors! *bouncebounce*

I need to hug a bunny right now.

Did you know that bears are soft too?
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:32 am

I'm beginning to think they've started doing this on purpose.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby lythac » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:37 am

Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby fafhrd » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:08 am

lythac wrote:Skyguard Khatie > Mylune

Pfft.

Although her dialog options do make me sad :X
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Amirya » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:32 am

>.>

Mylune makes me want to punch kittens.

However, I'm having some second thoughts about this 365 gear. Why the hell is mastery missing from tank pieces? The honored AoH cloak is parry/hit, the boots at MF is dodge/parry.

Are we supposed to enchant/reforge/gem for mastery or something?

(I'm sure I missed the discussion of this somewhere)

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:36 pm

You missed the note where Blizzard didn't know how to fix Mastery so it just removed it from gear.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Shoju » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:03 pm

Worldie wrote:You missed the note where Blizzard didn't know how to fix Mastery so it just removed it from gear.

Tell me I missed the sarcasm in your comment, and not the blue post where this was said. Because right now, I'm debating how to play out T12 and it makes me cry a little.
Shoju

Postby Jeremoot » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:10 pm

Shoju wrote:
Worldie wrote:You missed the note where Blizzard didn't know how to fix Mastery so it just removed it from gear.

Tell me I missed the sarcasm in your comment, and not the blue post where this was said. Because right now, I'm debating how to play out T12 and it makes me cry a little.

They didn't say it, but they did it.
Jeremoot

Postby Flex » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:22 pm

I think Theck's T12 normal set has Paladins 4%-5% under block cap.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Shoju » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:30 pm

Jeremoot wrote:
Shoju wrote:

They didn't say it, but they did it.

Oh I agree that they did it. They did it with a vengeance. I don't want to wear ANY of the Hyjal Rep Gear. I find my health yoyo-ing so much on the bosses we have worked on so far. Shannox with 1 dog down starts to REALLY hurt, and I'm finding myself wanting more and more mastery. I actually found a set of gear that I could put together where I could have 10% dodge, 14% parry, and 30 mastery, and it looked REALLY enticing. (This included wearing a stam trinket).
Shoju

Postby Amirya » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:35 pm

I'm in the same boat as Shoju, I don't want to give up my Mastery.

But I've been considering getting the MF boots, and gemming/enchanting/reforging to mastery.

Time to see what I can do, I guess.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby masterpoobaa » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:20 pm

Reminds me of the days of gearing in Naxx/Ulduar/ToC.
Blizz didn't know then what to do with block rating, as it blocked a stupidly trivial amount of damage compared to the 25k-30k incoming hits, so post Ulduar there was no more block gear.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Teranoid » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:09 pm

masterpoobaa wrote:Reminds me of the days of gearing in Naxx/Ulduar/ToC.
Blizz didn't know then what to do with block rating, as it blocked a stupidly trivial amount of damage compared to the 25k-30k incoming hits, so post Ulduar there was no more block gear.

And then made a fight where you had to scramble through old stale content to make a gimmick set lest you be instagibbed.
Teranoid

Postby Ulrik » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:59 pm

Oddly enough I'm getting closer to total CTC then ever before. I tended to go 2x stam trink and did my gems mastery, parry/master, stam/master. I've equipped as standard the Spidersilk Spindle, tier shoulders and that new and ugly shield. I haven't mathed it out but I see it being possible in the not too distant future to favor some of those dodge/parry items to edge the avoidance higher and keep CTC.

Teranoid wrote:And then made a fight where you had to scramble through old stale content to make a gimmick set lest you be instagibbed.

Speak for yourself. Assembling that set was the most interesting and fun I've ever had making a set (besides possibly ilevel kills). Once I had all the pieces together I kept refining and refining. Eventually I got to the point of adding resistance and removing as much stam as possible to reduce the leach damage. I remember the last time I ran it (10 man, although we used 2 add tanks on 25 so same set) before the chest removal I finally took 0 physical damage. Perfection!

Made mana a bitch though. None via Spiritual Attunement.
Ulrik

Postby masterpoobaa » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:00 pm

True. "That Set" was just LULS when running your daily heroic.
Hows the firelands raids for number of drops of tank mastery gear? I haven't really looked.

[EDIT]For those trying to down Rag, it appears his enrage timer is now longer by 3mins!

*Ragnaros now enrages after 18 minutes in all raid difficulties and sizes, up from 15 minutes.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

PreviousNext

Return to General