Remove Advertisements

[10] Majordomo Staghelm

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Majordomo Staghelm

Postby Forgrim » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:31 am

My guild managed to get Majordomo to 5% last monday, and I was just wondering what hints or tips you guys could give to get over the hump of getting him down. My guild is almost all avg. iLevel 361ish (we didn't do heroics last tier all that much due to having a really hard time to fill out raids which got remedied by a guild merging). Our attempts on Majordomo had me healing on my druid (i'm usually the MT), but i'm a damn good healer so I doubt that would've hindered us much.

We start off in scorpion form and get him to 8 stacks of adrenaline by using rotating all our raid cooldowns. Then cat form for 6 stacks before starting the first human phase of the dot that he puts on the entire raid. We can only survive 3 stacks of adrenaline in the next scorpion phase due to always having one or two raid members out of the group and us taking a stupid amount of damage. Not having any raid cooldowns for this part really really hurts. We switch to cat at 3 and recover during the 30 seconds of relative peace. We go for another 6 stacks of cat pouncing before switching back to scorpion and using bloodlust and another round of raid cooldowns, we can get to 5-6 stacks before having to switch out to too much damage.

This is where it all goes downhill on our attempts. The balloons come out and we have 2 dps swapping in and out for both the balloons. However, with his stack of fury, if he pounces on a dps and that dps is not fully topped off, its an almost guaranteed one shot trying to run out of the fire. We've gotten to this point several times, and if we survive 5 adrenaline stacks, we switch to scorpion and wait 15 seconds before switching back to cat, which becomes a dps race at that point.

Theoretically, if we had all 10 alive at that point, we'd win. But inevitable 2-3 dps die during the flame balls stage, and we fall behind on dps.

Some things that might be able to extend our alive times. With me being able to go on my paladin with my DG and holy radiance, I figure i'll be able to negate lots of raid damage to stay alive for one more stack in the 3rd scorpion phase.

Also, has anyone tried to Ardent Defender one of the flame scythes by the scorpion? I figure around the 5th stack, I can run out, AD, LoH myself (cuz it'll leave me with 40k hp and one melee hit would probably kill me), and run back in the pile. Can you also bubble off the dot you get for the first human phase? I saw our mage run out and iceblock and explode (but take no damage), and we have a pally healer that probably should have done the same but never did.

Just need a little ummph to get over the hump. This is one of those fights that if we had more dps gear, it'd be so much gd easier.
Forgrim

Re: [10] Majordomo Staghelm

Postby Gab » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:18 am

Forgrim wrote:We start off in scorpion form and get him to 8 stacks of adrenaline by using rotating all our raid cooldowns. Then cat form for 6 stacks before starting the first human phase of the dot that he puts on the entire raid. We can only survive 3 stacks of adrenaline in the next scorpion phase due to always having one or two raid members out of the group and us taking a stupid amount of damage. Not having any raid cooldowns for this part really really hurts. We switch to cat at 3 and recover during the 30 seconds of relative peace. We go for another 6 stacks of cat pouncing before switching back to scorpion and using bloodlust and another round of raid cooldowns, we can get to 5-6 stacks before having to switch out to too much damage.

For us we were able to go to 9 stacks on the first scorpion phase with only using tranquility. We had tanks and dps use any healing abilities (Holy radiance, Healing rain etc...) they had to help when the stacks reached 7 and our resto druid would pop tranq. This let us save AM and DG for the second scorpion phase and take it to 6 even with raid memebers running out. This would let you get a bit more dps in before the orb phase. Like you we always took cat to 6 stacks.

Our raid's gear level is a bit higher at around 370 or so, so YMMV.
Gab

Postby Lieris » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:42 am

Sorry if this sounds unhelpful but it sounds like you have a good grasp of the mechanics, you just need better execution. The healing should be trivial with a disc priest so try to bring one if you can. Also make sure people aren't running out of the raid too soon with their seed debuff.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby baleogthefierce » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:18 am

Lieris wrote:Sorry if this sounds unhelpful but it sounds like you have a good grasp of the mechanics, you just need better execution. The healing should be trivial with a disc priest so try to bring one if you can. Also make sure people aren't running out of the raid too soon with their seed debuff.

That was our only problem on the first kill; people see their debuff and panic sprint away without realizing that you have quite a long time (30 seconds if memory serves) before it's going to explode.
baleogthefierce

Postby Forgrim » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:58 am

the debuff applies a random timer on every raid member so usually, there's always one person out of the raid when it explodes, and shitty timing (or i'm guessing panicking raid members) has two ppl out of the raid so that 8 ppl share the fire scythe. Not to mention ppl that explode can't just run gungho back into the raid cuz they'll die from the scythe then.
Forgrim

Postby Arianne » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:16 pm

We used 1 tank, 3 healers (pally, shaman, priest), 6 DPS for this fight. In 372 heroic gear we didn't need to use raid CDs on the first scorpion phase at all. We used them all starting at stack 4 of the second scorpion phase. We did 7 for the first scorpion phase and 6 for all phases afterwards. We killed him during cat phase when the balloons were out. I dragged the boss over to the closest balloon so that we could have melee soaking one of the balloons (less chance of jump gibs). If you use raid CDs for the second scorpion phase when your people are out then you should be able to last longer in that second scorpion phase.
Arianne

Postby Ezelyn » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:06 am

I'm wondering about our healing comp on this fight.
Do you think it's better with 2 holypaly + disc priest, or 2 holypally + drood ?

because our first 10 attempts, pallys could push more HPS than drood (yeah that sounds weird to me too, but seems like alternate radiance are awesome)

Thanks for your advices guys, we used to push all raidcd in the first scorpion, so the second we could only stay in 3 aoe... should be really helpfull to go in 5-6 during seeds.
Ezelyn

Postby Forgrim » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:12 am

We're doing it the exact same way you did, and we had a holy priest, holy pal, and a resto druid. i was topping the meters as a druid cuz of tranquility and the healing team was fine, i only ran low on mana at the end during balloons.

what avg ilevel are you guys? sounds near us since you only push 3 in second scorpion also.
Forgrim

Postby Ezelyn » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:22 am

Forgrim wrote:We're doing it the exact same way you did, and we had a holy priest, holy pal, and a resto druid. i was topping the meters as a druid cuz of tranquility and the healing team was fine, i only ran low on mana at the end during balloons.

what avg ilevel are you guys? sounds near us since you only push 3 in second scorpion also.

I don't really know, maybe 365. (9/13 HM)
But the 3 aoe during the second scorpion phase is really caused by the lack of CD... when you take it on 8 people, without cd, and you have too heal the 2 boys away from the raid after their explosion, it's hard.
I should note that our raid really lakes of CD... (only mastery and eventually drood tranq)

No warrior, not tankadin, no dk... not really ideal.

Hope tonight we will kill him by using mastery and barrier on the second scorpion, not on the first :D
Ezelyn

Postby baleogthefierce » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:37 am

Having only killed this once I may be missing something key, but does the ordering of the phases make a difference in the fight difficulty? We started him in cat form and pushed 6-8 stacks in each form and he was dead before the explosion debuffs even started to matter.
baleogthefierce

Postby Forgrim » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:26 am

We tried to start off in cat, but during the human dot into scorpion phase, with bad timing and two ppl running out with the dot, the flame scythe just ate our raid apart. We could survive maybe 2, that's it, and that's still hard.
Forgrim

Postby Jheherrin » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:57 am

We started with Scorpion and did 6/7 stacks every phase with no real problems.

We never seemed to have an issue with seeds. Only ever had one person out at once while seed exploded.
The timers for seeds go all the way up to 50 seconds, I know I saw mine that high, so i'm assuming he does a 5s, a 10s, a 15s, a 20s etc timers. If you have two people out at the same time then someone is either running early or running late.

For fire balls we also had the tank position the boss next to one of the balls. Made it easier to keep dps on the cat spirits.
Positioning on the balls was what kept killing us untill we started moving the tank to the nearest one. The RNG on positioning of the balls is horrible.

We also found his enrage timer, and killed him 5 seconds after it. Yay for putting together a subpar raid with whatever was available on an offraid day. At least we get 2-3 days of tries on Raggy now this id.
Moonglade EU - Catalyst : Jheherrin,Glowlimn,Caamora
Aggramar EU - The Phoenix Reborn : Kasreyn,Gossamer
Jheherrin

Postby Forgrim » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:06 am

Managed to kill it yesterday (VERY hectic ending), by extending the second scorpion phase to 4, instead of 3, and the 3rd scorpion phase to 7.

Two dps got killed running back for the fourth scorpion, and before the first flame scythe could go off, i ran out of the pack and initiated back into cat form, and we survived through 6 phases there before having to collapse back in and get another dot phase. One person ran out due to dot, and domo immediately went straight back into cat, and we burned him down in this phase. What a crazy way to end the fight. I'll be happy when our dps is so awesome, we don't have to go through the balloon phase.
Forgrim

Postby Belarkan » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:35 am

Jheherrin wrote:We also found his enrage timer, and killed him 5 seconds after it. Yay for putting together a subpar raid with whatever was available on an offraid day. At least we get 2-3 days of tries on Raggy now this id.

When is his enrage ?
We have been up to a 8 minutes 3 secondes and still haven't hit it.
Belarkan

Postby Treck » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:26 am

10minutes.
Treck

Next

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)