[10] Shannox

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Shannox

Postby frontallobe » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:39 pm

We're heading there tonight so I just glyphed out of DP magic and added dazing shield in the hopes it will work until the mage can get a slow on it.
Frontallobe ~http://www.ihazlead.com
Raid leading and generally being terrible since Molten Core
frontallobe

Postby Ezelyn » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:02 am

Epimer wrote:Does anyone know if Glyph of Dazing Shield works as a slow for Riplimb (when he's slowable, obviously)? Being self-sufficient in applying slows would be helpful.

I'm not sure this slow is enought to make the reset. And you cant run with him to shannox.
If you have a melee dps it would be safer (all melee can do that exept paladin...)
Ezelyn

Postby frontallobe » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:16 am

Killed him last night. Here are some things we learned. 12/12 regular mode team.

1. You can see when Shannox is casting Throw Spear. Strafe left or right as fast as you can to add time to the dogs run back.
2. We did a test wipe to set raid markers for how far the shannox & rip tanks could be apart. It was worth the wipe.
3. Our arcane mage was not enough to clear Rageface off of someone fast enough. We added a rogue with 4 combo points waiting to envenom and that took the random rageface deaths out of the equation.
4. Position your riplimb healer so she/he can heal both you (who wont take too much damage) and the rageface target when needed.
5. I saved dazing Avenger's Shield for the moment rip grabbed the spear. It did help until a better slow could be applied.
6. Have your rage group make sure they are standing behind any immolation traps so rage gets the debuff.

Hope this helps,
Jay
frontallobe

Postby fafhrd » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:31 am

Man, doing this fight melee-heavy with crappy geared alts/pugs feels really different :X

Couldn't do the "kill both adds at 30%" strat, mostly because the hunter and affliction warlock couldn't reliably break rageface's fixate quickly enough, and people would die or get stunned in a trap as a result.

Suggested we try the kill-rageface-first strat, and that went much better, especially the healers liked it. Still took many pulls and was a slow kill, but much more stable without rageface running around.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Epimer » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:54 pm

Killed on our first pull tonight, using the "kill Rageface first" tactic.

We had 4 pulls last night but those were pretty much learning wipes. As recommended above, I used the Glyph of Dazing Shield then our Arcane Mage Slowed him. No trouble with stacks falling off. Felt very controlled the entire time, although we had some deaths to fire-standing, as is traditional for progression kills.

EDIT: A log, if anyone's interested. For some reason it's tagged on WoL as being 25N. We didn't 10 man the 25 man fight.
Epimer

Postby Shathus » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:28 am

I would assume the answer is yes, and we'll probably find out soon enough tonight, but not having gone in yet...

Do slows applied prior to Riplimb getting the spear apply, or will they need to be re-applied afterwards? I was going to have our bear tank on the dog because of infected wounds would be applied automatically, but didn't know if it would be ignored since it was applied prior to fetching the spear (or maybe it would take affect when it gets refreshed)?
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby frontallobe » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:48 am

I had to wait until he picked up the spear to daze iirc but I'll check again tonight.
frontallobe

Postby Winkle » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:27 am

frontallobe wrote:I had to wait until he picked up the spear to daze iirc but I'll check again tonight.

Pretty sure he can't be slowed when he has the spear.
Winkle

Postby Aerron » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:28 am

Winkle wrote:
frontallobe wrote:I had to wait until he picked up the spear to daze iirc but I'll check again tonight.

Pretty sure he can't be slowed when he has the spear.

That's the only time he can be slowed. Trapped before the spear, slowed after the spear.
Aerron

Postby frontallobe » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:12 am

"That's the only time he can be slowed. Trapped before the spear, slowed after the spear." <-- truth
frontallobe

Postby Forgrim » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:35 am

frontallobe wrote:"That's the only time he can be slowed. Trapped before the spear, slowed after the spear." <-- truth

Another confirmation, Dazeshield doesn't apply daze when he gets the spear, applies right after he gets spear. 80% of the time, the tanks can remain stationary and no kiting simple with dazeshield.
Forgrim

Postby agetro » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:40 am

Forgrim wrote:
frontallobe wrote:"That's the only time he can be slowed. Trapped before the spear, slowed after the spear." <-- truth

Another confirmation, Dazeshield doesn't apply daze when he gets the spear, applies right after he gets spear. 80% of the time, the tanks can remain stationary and no kiting simple with dazeshield.

You mean, he cannot be dazed as he's running to pick up the spear, only after he's picked it up and on his way back to Shannox. Great info. Will be saving my shield for that for sure.

The "Trapped before the spear" is that while he's running to pick up the spear? So OT should run him through or put him in between the speardrop and an ice trap then? Do hunter traps work? or just the bosses.
agetro

Postby Aerron » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:48 am

agetro wrote:The "Trapped before the spear" is that while he's running to pick up the spear? So OT should run him through or put him in between the speardrop and an ice trap then? Do hunter traps work? or just the bosses.

I know the Boss's traps work. The hunter in my raid tells me his traps should work, but we've never had to have him do it yet and I don't know what his basis for believing that is (if he read it off a forum or w/ever.)
Aerron

Postby Forgrim » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:34 pm

Aerron wrote:
agetro wrote:The "Trapped before the spear" is that while he's running to pick up the spear? So OT should run him through or put him in between the speardrop and an ice trap then? Do hunter traps work? or just the bosses.

I know the Boss's traps work. The hunter in my raid tells me his traps should work, but we've never had to have him do it yet and I don't know what his basis for believing that is (if he read it off a forum or w/ever.)

Don't expect to use traps to trap him before he picks up the spear if Rageface is up...Rageface always manages to run himself through random traps which causes the immune to trap buff that they both get. However, if Rageface is dead, just situate yourself near a trap, and when Shannox throws his spear, run the dog through the trap and you'll almost guarantee drop your stacks without even using your slow.
Forgrim

Postby agetro » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:19 pm

I was figuring to use it on his way back to our OT a DK, since I'll be on Shannox. Or should it be the other way around? Does it matter?
agetro

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)