Targeting (not selecting friendly units)

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Targeting (not selecting friendly units)

Postby lakhesis » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:56 am

OK, so like many tanks I make substantial use of the mouse for targeting. I'll typically pick things out via nameplates (i.e. the mob from the aoe pack I see I'm losing via Tidyplates), but I'll also just click on the big bloody dragon infront of me at times.

I've been finding I'm more likely to accidentally target a friendly unit than I'd prefer (via mis-clicking on their actual character, I don't have friendly nameplates on).

Does anyone know a command/addon/script/whatever that'll turn off the ability to target friendly toons/mobs via clicking directly on them?

If I want to BoP/salv/whatever someone, I tend to do it via raid frames anyway. I'd rather just have to deal with clicking the one low-aggro drake out of the 15 drakes surrounding drakes, without having to avoid clicking on 8 hyperactive melee at the same time.

Help?

PS. Is it just me, or have the click-registering-area for nameplates/units got tighter in 4.2? I was thinking I was having a sloppy week until I had another healer & tank independently complain to me about the same thing. Could just be Tidyplates, but my gut impression is it's all nameplates+units. Or maybe we're just all going senile simultaneously & hallucinating non-existent issues :D
When society says jump, we say pass the salt.
lakh's armory
lakhesis

Re: Targeting (not selecting friendly units)

Postby lakhesis » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:51 pm

Oh, and I have had "/target [@mouseover,harm,nodead]" as a macro, then bind that macro to left mouse click & bind left mouse click to an alternate mouse button (my mouse software can do this & do it only while within wow, and while it wouldn't have to be bound to left-mouse-click per se I don't think I could get past years of habit in the situations I'm most concerned about).

So that is one solution to this issue, it's just quite possibly the ugliest solution I've heard of so far this year.
When society says jump, we say pass the salt.
lakh's armory
lakhesis

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros