Heroic Conduct

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Heroic Conduct

Postby Rearanged » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:14 am

Since Blizz turned Heroics into small raids and the difficulty factor has gone up, I've been having issues. Not with the instance or boss fights, but with the other players. I firmly believe in the "Tao of Tanking" found on the WOW tanking forums and i believe that the tank should set the tone for the pace of a run.

Lately, if I'm pugging, I've found there are two groups:

Group A. This group is slightly under geared, doesn't know the fights very well or to resheep targets if the fight takes longer than expected. Or there's,

Group B. This group is slightly over geared and looks at the instance as if it's a normal dungeon, want to rush through everything, make the pulls and have the mentality that they can DPS everything down and let the tank and healer worry about keeping them alive.

This has been driving me crazy, either I'm detailing boss fights to dps players who ignore me and just stand there and attack instead of working the beams on the scond boss in Blackrock, running away from massive AOE damage, or picking up the add on the last boss in Grim'Batol.

Or the other group's mentality, "pull first and ask questions later." They pull before i or the healer is ready, get aggro, die, blame tank and I'm scrambling to get them off the healer first who's blowing cooldowns trying to save everyone. A wipe happens and they get pissed off and leave. If we survive and they keep pulling (and at this point I'm usually annoyed beyond reason) I'll whisper the healer and tell him not to heal them if they're going to do that. I know that's bad form and I'm trying not to do that, but it seems like the only way to get them to stop or leave.

I just want to know how you guys deal with this, i know i can't be the only one who goes through this. As it stands now, I only run with my guild. I've pretty much stopped running pugged heroics, unless it's 3/5 a guild group.
Rearanged

Re: Heroic Conduct

Postby Eltiana » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:33 am

Rearanged wrote:Lately, if I'm pugging, I've found there are two groups:

"Lately"??? Groups have been like this since mid Wrath if not earlier. It's just more noticeable as the content isn't completely faceroll-able like it was last expac.
Eltiana

Postby Lieris » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:34 am

Rearanged wrote:I just want to know how you guys deal with this, i know i can't be the only one who goes through this. As it stands now, I only run with my guild. I've pretty much stopped running pugged heroics, unless it's 3/5 a guild group.

Sounds to me like you already know how to deal with it. With my disc priest I am fed up with bad tanks who never mark skulls so I have to heal 2-4 different "tanks", never mark CC, stand in AOE, never use cooldowns and then blame me when their under-geared ass goes down like a sack of spuds. More than anything it's the bad manners in PUGs that piss me off. I had one paladin tank recently bitch me out and claim that I didn't know the mechanics for the last boss in Vortex Pinnacle because I didn't dispel his root. Asking him why I should use a mana intensive spell to dispel an avoidable debuff on him when he has HOF shut him up. :) Partly my fault too I guess for giving the average PUG tank too much credit.

If you think it's stressful as a tank, believe me it's a lot worse as a healer. PUG tanks are terrible and they can be angry, spiteful little people.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:34 am

Rearanged wrote:I just want to know how you guys deal with this, i know i can't be the only one who goes through this. As it stands now, I only run with my guild. I've pretty much stopped running pugged heroics, unless it's 3/5 a guild group.

Same here, for the most part. I actually don't mind full pugs as dps, since I'm rarely one of the problem children. Depending on my mood, I'll either ignore the idiots and do my job and get the hell out of there, or I will let the offending idiot die. Had this mage in ZG yesterday (I was healing) who had this bad habit of tanking his own damn target. Got fed up with it when we're heading to Kilnara, and I casually mentioned, "hold on, I want to have full mana in case I have to heal 2 tanks again." Near as I can tell, his only offense after that was going out of my LoS and dying.

Mostly though, if it's manageable, I'll do it knowing that I did the best job I, personally, could do, and if the others sucked, then karma will visit them soon.

Also, I'm not above vote kicking (see: fury warrior in only slightly lower level gear, being outdpsed by the tank by 1500-1700 dps)

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:45 am

mmmmmmmmmmmm

Yeah I am going to say this falls under the purview of the frustrations thread.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5272
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Return to General