Remove Advertisements

Firelands Progression path

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Logical Firelands path?

Postby Calleana » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:31 am

Our guild is majrity in 359s we have some new raiders who are wearing a lot of the gear from ZA/ZG but this will improve with the justice point items. Our progression path will be for the first few as follows:

-Shannox
-Beth'tilac
-Baleroc (I trust our healers more than our DPS!)
-Lord Rhyolith (he looks like fun!)
Calleana-Darkblade
Calleana
Maintankadonor

Postby Lieris » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:06 am

I will chime in with personal difficulty ratings for tanks:

Shannox 2/5: Not much to him, try to position him so that the dog gets trapped while fetching back the spear but if you don't manage to it's not a disaster. Bubble does not remove the bleed stacks.

Rhyolith 1/5: You only need one tank here, the big add and little adds spawning times do not overlap. Drag the big add away from the raid, blow cooldowns when the boss becomes tankable.

Bethilak 1/5: Parachute cloak tinker works well here. Just tank and spank really. Take just 2 healers for this fight and have 2 DPS come upstairs with you.

Baleroc 1/5: This guy is kind of a joke. It's fun having 1m HP though! Just stand there, doing your rotation and taunt at the appropriate times.

Alysrazor 3/5: Along with the Ragnaros, IMO the only challenging fight on normal mode. Use Holy Shield during tantrums but save Guardian for when you tank the boss. Tank your hatchling near to a worm (but out of reach of their flame attack). Make sure your hatchling eats all 4 worms on your side otherwise they will be up during the tornado phase. Do tank switches on the boss to not let the debuff stack too high.

Majordomo 1/5: As a tank you really don't have much to do here so take an active role on vent and call buff stacks and when to spread or stack up. I don't think you even need to pickup the cats that spawn, from what I could tell they shared Staghelm's aggro table.

Ragnaros 3/5: Treat him like Halfus and taunt when your stacks fall off. With Holy Wrath, AS and HOJ you can have a positive contribution during phase transitions. A scion will spawn on either side of the platform during the transition to P3 so sort out with your co-tank which one you will take.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Volitaire » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:58 am

^^^

One of the best posts I have seen on this topic.
<Blood Runs Cold> - Stormrage(US) Alliance 10-man 13/13HM
Late Night 12am-3am EST Tues-Thurs, Sunday
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/volitaire
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/Hamstring2568
Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ire/simple
Volitaire

Postby Dravan » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:15 pm

On Lord Rhyloith (or however you spell his damn name) on 25 man at least I wouldn't recommend 1 tank unless you have sick DPS. He is very easy though.

Bethalic is also not a 1/5 if your solo tanking down stairs (again in 25) and is no less challenging than tanking the hatchlings on the fire bird.
Dravan

Postby theckhd » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:02 pm

Dravan wrote:Bethalic is also not a 1/5 if your solo tanking down stairs (again in 25) and is no less challenging than tanking the hatchlings on the fire bird.

Why? Solo-tanking downstairs can be summarized pretty straightforwardly. "Taunt drone, tank drone, kill drone. Repeat."

If your DPS is prepared and kills the waves of spiderlings quickly, the drones aren't even remotely dangerous. It's only when they eat a spiderling that things can get dicey. But that's a failure to execute on the part of your DPS, not something you can do much about as a tank. You can probably chain cooldowns to survive a drone with a couple stacks of the buff, but any more than 5 and you're done for.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Dravan » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:02 am

Well maybe its just me picking up as many spinners as possible while tanking the drone and moving it from spiderlings. Guess it depends on the tactic you use and your guilds gear level.
Dravan

Postby theckhd » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:58 pm

As a tank, you can completely ignore the spinners (or at least, I did). They die very quickly and didn't seem to do enough damage to DPS or healers to warrant an actual tank. I think I might have taunted a couple to bring their webs down when I had nothing else to do, and at the beginning of the fight to help get the tank/healer upstairs faster, but other than that I didn't touch them.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Treck » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:08 pm

Spinners hit for about a few thousand damage, but when they are in their web, they cast firebolts for about 40k on people.
Taunting them down is the biggest reduction in raid damage you can fix for that fight.
Treck

Postby theckhd » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:48 pm

Treck wrote:Spinners hit for about a few thousand damage, but when they are in their web, they cast firebolts for about 40k on people.
Taunting them down is the biggest reduction in raid damage you can fix for that fight.

In a 25-man raid with 5 paladins 2 DKs, and two shamans, having taunts available didn't seem to be a problem. I'm going to assume that none of the druids or warriors shifted forms/stances to taunt.

I suppose if you don't have a lot of paladins or DKs, helping taunt them down would be useful, but I could see range issues coming into play. Moving the drone towards spiderlings just to get a taunt off seems unnecessarily risky; a couple random 40k fireballs won't kill people, but a drone that eats a few spiderlings will kill you.
theckhd

Re: Logical Firelands Progression path?

Postby Dravan » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:28 pm

EDIT: Don't want to get this thread off topic, I guess its fair to say that tank difficulty on a fight depends on how you do it and what gear level you raid is at (Captain Obvious!)
Dravan

Postby maurok » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:11 am

My group just killed Rhyolith (3/7) and we are going for baleroc before alysrazor (seems to be a fairly easy fight)... after that, should we go majordomo or alyzrazor?
maurok

Postby Hrobertgar » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:17 am

I believe you are requried to finish the front 5 before going accross the bridge, which would imply that you must do Alysrazor before Majodomo and therefore after Baleroc.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Treck » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:09 am

Once shannox has spawned, Baleroc becomes available.
So you dont have to kill anything before him if you dont want (except trash)
Treck

Postby Metherlance » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:46 pm

maurok wrote:My group just killed Rhyolith (3/7) and we are going for baleroc before alysrazor (seems to be a fairly easy fight)... after that, should we go majordomo or alyzrazor?

You can't get to Majordomo before killing Shannox, Rhyolith, Alysrazor, Beth'tilac and Baleroc.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/chromaggus/Metherlance/advanced

No question remains unanswered. No doubts linger. You are Azeroth's greatest champions!
Metherlance

Re: Firelands Progression path

Postby frontallobe » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:37 am

Updated with proper path information and spawn triggers. Linked to existing 10m encounter guides here as well.
Frontallobe ~http://www.ihazlead.com
Raid leading and generally being terrible since Molten Core
frontallobe

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)