Remove Advertisements

The 4.2 Is Out Now Thread

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: The 4.2 Is Out Now Thread

Postby Teranoid » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:13 pm

Levantine wrote:
masterpoobaa wrote:Oh I'm on a PvE server also... I'm referring to the PvP flagged horde who stand on top of the quest givers - Hilarity (sarcasm) ensues.

Nameplates. I never understood how people failed so miserably at quest givers when you can turn hostile nameplates off and friendly ones on.

And you can even bind an npc interaction hotkey now so although its a douchebag move you DO actually have ways around it.
Teranoid

Postby Fetzie » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:29 am

If only everybody knew that you can report players that intentionally block NPCs and resources with their characters for griefing, even on a PvP server, and that they would get a 72 hr ban for it, we wouldn't have to mess around with InteractWithTarget binds and nameplate configurations...
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Anub'arak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby yappo » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:08 am

masterpoobaa wrote:Yappo, that actually existed pre 4.2 - namely those 'special' ones that can act as both ground/air mounts: Sparkley Pony, Headless Horseman mount, Cenarion Hippogryph .

Actually not those :D

I'm only doing those dailies with my non-85 toons, so the number of different mounts I've tried is mildly put limited (read 2).

My DK class-specific flying mount dismounts me underwater. The 'default' horde flying mount, however, doesn't dismount any of the three toon I quest with. One 77, on 75 and one 66.
yappo

Postby yappo » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:13 am

Pyrea wrote:If only everybody knew that you can report players that intentionally block NPCs and resources with their characters for griefing, even on a PvP server, and that they would get a 72 hr ban for it, we wouldn't have to mess around with InteractWithTarget binds and nameplate configurations...

Yeah, right...

Last year the number one obnoxious guild on our server (since then relocated, and there was much rejoycing) stood on the seasonal quest-giver. And I mean guild. 10+ mammoths at all times, which made getting and turning in quests impossible. We bombed the GMs with reports -- they told us to /ignore the offending players. /facepalm
yappo

Postby fafhrd » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:21 am

yappo wrote:
Pyrea wrote:If only everybody knew that you can report players that intentionally block NPCs and resources with their characters for griefing, even on a PvP server, and that they would get a 72 hr ban for it, we wouldn't have to mess around with InteractWithTarget binds and nameplate configurations...

Yeah, right...

Last year the number one obnoxious guild on our server (since then relocated, and there was much rejoycing) stood on the seasonal quest-giver. And I mean guild. 10+ mammoths at all times, which made getting and turning in quests impossible. We bombed the GMs with reports -- they told us to /ignore the offending players. /facepalm

Odd... the last time I saw this (some time in wrath) the mammoth-riders just went offline within 5 minutes or so of my getting a GM who said "I'll see what I can do".

They didn't tell me they banned him or anything, but I didn't see him on for the rest of the night.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Archeth » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:42 am

yappo wrote:
masterpoobaa wrote:Yappo, that actually existed pre 4.2 - namely those 'special' ones that can act as both ground/air mounts: Sparkley Pony, Headless Horseman mount, Cenarion Hippogryph .

Actually not those :D

I'm only doing those dailies with my non-85 toons, so the number of different mounts I've tried is mildly put limited (read 2).

My DK class-specific flying mount dismounts me underwater. The 'default' horde flying mount, however, doesn't dismount any of the three toon I quest with. One 77, on 75 and one 66.

Yeah my alliance gryphons (all normal speed because I still CBA spending money for epic flying on alts 3.5 years after TBC ended...) are submarines now too, before that it was only the passenger rocket and IIRC flying carpets for me. I figure at some point it will be consistent for all mounts.
Archeth

Postby Teranoid » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:13 am

Or you could just do it and not waste your time writing some tear filled GM ticket that ends up sitting in queue and be on your way.
Teranoid

Postby Fetzie » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:17 am

Removing the symptoms doesn't stop the disease (and yes I am comparing those jack-asses to microbes).
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Anub'arak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby masterpoobaa » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:44 pm

Yeah. Bringing up nameplates isn't hard, It's just the sheer extent of douchebaggery that depresses me.

[EDIT] Having said that, doing the 'annoying' dailies first thing in the morning before I goto work is glorious.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby rodos » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:26 am

masterpoobaa wrote:Yeah. Bringing up nameplates isn't hard, It's just the sheer extent of douchebaggery that depresses me.

Do nameplates not fly about randomly all over the screen for anyone else where there's a shifting crowd? I've never found this trick to be particularly useful.

masterpoobaa wrote:Having said that, doing the 'annoying' dailies first thing in the morning before I goto work is glorious.

Yup. The early bird catches the Wounded Hyjal Defender.

KysenMurrin wrote:The big thing this time is that you can completely ignore mob tagging and get credit for hitting something no matter who else does, so the only thing that slows you down is stuff like healing the wounded soldiers.

Actually, this seems to have been applied inconsistently.

In "outside" Hyjal, the summoned elites give credit regardless of tag (but you have to tag first for the achievement). Kill credit for Sethria's Roost elites ignores tag, but if you want to loot the "medical" items for Runetotem's doctor, you have to tag first. You also have to get first tag on the rare spawns for the achievement there.

In the Molten Front, for at least the mob-of-the-day, you have to tag first (I had to spawn-camp dogs on Sunday), not sure about the regular invaders. You also have to compete for the interactive objects (soil piles, wounded defenders, rifts).

On the whole, if you can't do them off-peak, take a group. There are very few "Collect X" quests, so it's easy to share credit and get things done in extra quick time.
rodos

Postby Epimer » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:13 am

rodos wrote:Do nameplates not fly about randomly all over the screen for anyone else where there's a shifting crowd? I've never found this trick to be particularly useful.

Uncheck "Allow Overlapping Nameplates" somewhere in the Interface options (or similar, I'm paraphrasing from memory). Marvel at how much more useful nameplates suddenly are.
Epimer

Postby Archeth » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:20 am

Isn't it the default "no overlapping nameplates" feature which makes them rearrange themselves fast and fouriously, so you'd actually have to check the option, not uncheck it?

IIRC overlapping = sometimes you have over 9000 nameplates on top of each other which makes it hard to target THAT MOB THERE (not really the issue if you want to target a friendly NPC and only show friendlies, though), but they're generally in one place and only move slightly if the target/your view moves, and never as radically as with overlapping disabled.
Archeth

Postby Epimer » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:32 am

Archeth wrote:Isn't it the default "no overlapping nameplates" feature which makes them rearrange themselves fast and fouriously, so you'd actually have to check the option, not uncheck it?

Yep, you're right. Serves me right for posting advice before my first coffee :)
Epimer

Postby halabar » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:21 am

The no-tag required feature is a godsend. BH was always a mess for getting some of the quests done. Glad they made these more reasonable.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Levantine » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:29 am

halabar wrote:The no-tag required feature is a godsend. BH was always a mess for getting some of the quests done. Glad they made these more reasonable.

Fucking love being a dot class. Seriously, run around tab dotting tagged mobs and flashing the wounded dudes since it's faster than the stupid salve.
Levantine

PreviousNext

Return to General