Logical Progression Path?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Logical Progression Path?

Postby dukka » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:36 am

as a 10 man 13/13 3 day raiding guild, here's out wipecount with no ptr experience, should give at least some indication of where the difficulty lies (I think), extra long bonus patch day raid \o/

Shannox: 3 wipes
Beth'tilac: 0 wipes
Alysrazor: 15 wipes (we should have gone two healers two tanks and two dps teams sooner, would have saved a lot of pain)
Rhyolith: 3 wipes
Baleroc: 3 wipes (key is rotating healers so you always have a "freshly stacked" healer to heal up when decimation blade hits)
Majordomo: 4 wipes (key is controlling orbs, we set up two orb teams of two, and when we got seeds, we hugged up, let the seed about to explode run out, and when there was two seeds left, everyone spread out)
Ragnaros: 15 wipes, best attempt 10.5% wipe (he dies at 10, we didn't realize :P might have been able to push a little harder had we known, oh well...)
70 - eu shadowsong
dukka

Postby RedAces » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:03 am

Last evening (13/13 10men):

Shannox: 6 Try down - I found him moderatly hard, haveg the timing right for the Bleed Debuff and DON'T outrun your Healers! (otherwise it would be 5. Try)
Rhyolith: 1st Try down - seemed like a faceroll fight - Healers said that it was hard, because we took every avoidable damage possible :D
Alysrazor: 13. Try down - the jobs for the flyer and the tanks are relativly hard, DPS req is high (at least with the reported 10min enrage from BW... apparantly she has a 15min enrage -.-)
Bethilac: UNKILLABLE - because EVERYONE that has a german client gets crit errors on the way to her - we had 1 healer and 1 dps that didn't had the ELP -> impossible.

Hopefully the 30mb patch today fixed the localization bug - I heard Beth is freeloot...^^
RedAces

Postby 99sitr » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:13 am

A note on Shannox, we are using the 2 tank method and tanking Riplimb and Shannox together is very plausible. The benefit is the tanks can both move away from the spear direction. We have a DK on Riplimb and myself on Shannox, since Riplimb isn't focusing on the DK while going to "fetch" the spear our DK uses chains of ice on him repeatedly. I think it's a little easier to position traps between the spear location and the boss location that way as well.

YMMV.
99sitr

Postby Ocin » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:02 pm

99sitr wrote:A note on Shannox, we are using the 2 tank method and tanking Riplimb and Shannox together is very plausible. The benefit is the tanks can both move away from the spear direction. We have a DK on Riplimb and myself on Shannox, since Riplimb isn't focusing on the DK while going to "fetch" the spear our DK uses chains of ice on him repeatedly. I think it's a little easier to position traps between the spear location and the boss location that way as well.

YMMV.

Should keep your strats in the actual boss strat posts. No sense posting how to do any single boss when people are looking for a progression path :)
Ocin

Previous

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)