Remove Advertisements

Seal Swap macro or toggle?

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Seal Swap macro or toggle?

Postby Shepard108 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:21 pm

With the launch of patch 4.2, I've been trying some different strats with my seals, and have been reading up on the mechanics of each. In doing so, I had a crazy idea to try to swap between Seal of Truth and Seal of the Righteous. The plan was to stick with Truth and Insight on trash pulls depending on the strength of the healers with me. But for boss fights, I thought it may be worth getting you 5 stack of censure up and swapping to righteousness until your stacks are close to falling off. This seems like it may be worth it since Righteousness would be more beneficial after you actually have accumulated some Vengeance. I don't know if it would actually be worth it or not cause I'm not very skilled with macros. Please, if someone has a way to script it, let me know, I'd be grateful. Also, everyone's two cents is welcome.

PS: what I want the macro to do, is if I have Seal of Truth active, I want the button to activate Seal of thee Righteousness, and if Righteousness is active, I want it too activate Truth. Unfortunately, the closest I could come is a cast sequence macro.
Shepard108

Re: Seal Swap macro or toggle?

Postby theckhd » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:03 am

I'm not sure why you'd want to switch to Righteousness, seeing as it does less damage than Truth's on-hit component.

In any event, I'm pretty sure you can't cast spells conditionally on the presence of other spells using the macro system. The best you could do is a cast sequence.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Shepard108 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:40 am

long story short, i didn't run any number, and wasn't sure if the numbers from righteousness with vengeance would be better after I applied my 5 stacks of censure...and if that sucked them I was going to switch out Righteousness for Insight....or do away with it if it proved useless. Unfortunately, without a nice macro, I wasn't sure if it was me or the time it took to do the cast sequence.
Shepard108

Postby Fetzie » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:55 am

You cannot use conditional functions in macros. There is no function to let you do something like
Code: Select all
get status of buff Seal of truth
    if true
        cast Seal of righteous
    else
        cast Seal of truth
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros