Remove Advertisements

Varying Levels of Love for WoW

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Varying Levels of Love for WoW

Postby Treck » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:35 pm

Nikachelle wrote:Raiding's pretty much the only thing stimulating me at the moment. I don't find my alts particularly entertaining, nor do I feel the need to keep them at their peak possible condition like I felt in Wrath.

I cant say much more than i really do agree with this.
Atleast the buggy ptr gave us something to do.
Past 3 weeks have been horrible.
4hours raiding on wednesdays, clearing all content.
No altraids.
Hardly any heroics.
Hardly any reason to go online.
Reason they have been horrible is cuz of the summer vacations, and a lot of my friends went home during the summer, so im left here with a computer and noone to play with ;(

Firelands will change that, wtb tomorrow!
Treck

Postby Mcduffie » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:51 pm

I think that when I get back to the states, I'm gonna start a guild from ground zero. Anyone else interested?
Mcduffie

Postby Brekkie » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:04 am

From Ground Zero? Or from the ground, up?
Theckhd wrote:big numbers are the in-game way of expressing that Brekkie's penis is huge.
Brekkie

Postby Mcduffie » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:07 am

From the ground up.

But getting everyone together in New York to play WoW on top of Ground Zero would be fun.
Mcduffie

Postby Tenaka » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:30 am

Vanifae wrote:I play as I feel the need to play. No obsession it's a distraction, nothing more.

As it should be.

Same as above plus the game has been little more than a glorified chat client with mini games since the beginning of the year. For some reason I just cannot be bothered to raid anymore.

Parents think I might be growing up o_O
Tenaka

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:03 am

Fivelives wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:Raiding's pretty much the only thing stimulating me at the moment.

If that's true, then Invis is slacking off like WHOA.

LOL I just saw this. I meant in game. CLEARLY!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Dazhbog » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:29 am

Fivelives wrote:
Candiru wrote:I wish someone would make a game which was like TF2, but WoW raids. Pick a class, choose your loadout, then all go try to kill a boss! No loot grinding, no in-game money, no leveling up. Just fun!

^^ So. Much. This!

Your challenge

*cracks knuckles*

is accepted.

(no seriously, this is a great idea, and assuming no one makes it by the time I actually get into the game industry... well, who knows)

Anyway, been faaaaar too busy with school projects to be playing WoW these days. Haven't touched it since March.
Dazhbog

Postby thegreatheed » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:18 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Fivelives wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:Raiding's pretty much the only thing stimulating me at the moment.

If that's true, then Invis is slacking off like WHOA.

LOL I just saw this. I meant in game. CLEARLY!

Wouldn't he still be slacking?

On topic:

When someone asks me if Rift is good, I reply, "It's better than leveling my 3rd 85 in WoW".
thegreatheed

Postby Skwigelf » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:26 pm

I haven't really played in over a month. I've logged in a few times but usually just logged right out.

My work schedule kept me from raiding. Most of my guild is beyond 5-mans so I don't bother asking them to run my quest-greened ass through so I can get gear I don't need because I dont raid. I don't ever run PUGs. EVER. And I wish PvP was removed so they could stop attempting to "balance" classes around it and just stick to PvE. Oh, also the majority of the main core of my guild has quit playing and now the guild roster is full of people I don't know, but we're now raiding and apparently not doing too badly, but still. I've been playing online games with the old core of the guild since 2001. I have no interest in finding a new guild that fits my schedule, nor do I have too much interest playing with a bunch of schlups I don't know that were mass invited so we can fill raid spots.

Currently playing RIFT, but that might change as it's much the same. I don't PUG. No one in my guild plays. I don't PvP. So basically I just solo quest and level guys and take part in invasions whenever they pop up.

Anxiously awaiting SWTOR, which sounds like it has a very good single player storyline for screwed up people like me that mainly play solo in MMO's but like the fact that there is a player-driven community and economy. Yeah, I'm one of those people that argues with people that are all "Lol Its an MMORPG noob!", to which I respond "Yeah, all that means is that there are other people playing the game at the same time as me in the same world. It doesn't mean I have to play WITH them.".

It's not that I'm anti-social. I talk in trade. I talk in guild. I talk in vent. I just cant be fucked to rely on total strangers to not fuck up the simplest things like "One of you melee DPS attack the rifleman or he will scatter shot me and then all the mobs will kill the healer and we wipe. Comprende?". Or the one time I attempted to PUG VoA back in Wrath when I was supposed to off-tank the adds on Emalon, which was blatantly pointed out and marked by the raid leader, only to have one of the huntards MD the adds onto the MT and people to start dropping AoE's on Emalon(and his adds) the moment I run in to pull the adds. We wipe and it gets blamed on me for not pulling the adds away. I haven't run any instance not with a full guild group since.
Skwigelf

Postby Lightbeard » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:04 pm

I Quit WOW a few weeks before Cata was released

I always tell people quitting WoW was the best decision I've ever made in my life.
Lightbeard

Postby Shyrtandros » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:30 am

Lightbeard wrote:I Quit WOW a few weeks before Cata was released

I always tell people quitting WoW was the best decision I've ever made in my life.

Out of curiosity I question why?
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Masumi » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:00 am

Shyrtandros wrote:

I had a friend that while we were drinking tea she told me her brother played warcraft. I told her I quit that game a few months ago and she told me that her mother actually encouraged it. that left me puzzled so I asked her why if the game was a bad adiction.

her answer was and I quote "well mother sees it as a way for him not to do anything stupid. as long as he is playing the game he is not getting himself into trouble or wasting his money on prostitutes." I had to spit out the tea I was just drinking couldn't say anything but stare at her while trying to figure out if I had just heard her right.
Want to know how I am currently feeling? listen to the music in this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcdNWYUMZpo
Masumi

Postby cerwillis » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:07 am

Masumi wrote:
Shyrtandros wrote:

I had a friend that while we were drinking tea she told me her brother played warcraft. I told her I quit that game a few months ago and she told me that her mother actually encouraged it. that left me puzzled so I asked her why if the game was a bad adiction.

her answer was and I quote "well mother sees it as a way for him not to do anything stupid. as long as he is playing the game he is not getting himself into trouble or wasting his money on prostitutes." I had to spit out the tea I was just drinking couldn't say anything but stare at her while trying to figure out if I had just heard her right.

This is, in fact, the reason that a lot of us play. $15 a month is a lot better than $100 a night at the bar.
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby Hrobertgar » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:54 am

as long as he is playing the game he is not getting himself into trouble or wasting his money on prostitutes

This doesn't seem like the best commentary on the average male WoW-player. I hope thats not the ONLY alternative to WoW :lol:
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Masumi » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:19 pm

Hrobertgar wrote:
as long as he is playing the game he is not getting himself into trouble or wasting his money on prostitutes

This doesn't seem like the best commentary on the average male WoW-player. I hope thats not the ONLY alternative to WoW :lol:

I hope not, I was asking her why her brother had not tagged along like he usually does when we gather in a group at the mall. she said that he was playing wow and there the conversation went. She was actually suprised when I told her I played wow and asked if the guys were rude and geeky in the game
Want to know how I am currently feeling? listen to the music in this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcdNWYUMZpo
Masumi

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum