The 4.2 Is Out Now Thread

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: The 4.2 Is Out Now Thread

Postby RedAces » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:25 am

warden wrote:
lythac wrote:Pretty sure the same applies to Ret, the extra strength from the Avengers cloak and when reforged Haste>Mastery looks to put it higher than the Vow cloak.

Correct, especially with there currently being no 391 option :(

simcraft for my gears says that the 378 Avengers Cloak is worse than Mantle of Fury (365)
RedAces

Postby mavfin » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:19 am

Brekkie wrote:So quite frankly, this doesn't surprise me. Stars saw what being Noble gets you in the cut-throat progression race.

Doesn't surprise me a bit. The people in this thread unhappy about it would have done the same thing had they had the opportunity, I think. As far as I can see, they'll justify anything to get there first.
--Mav
mavfin

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:55 am

Man, so much rushing to be bored of content again. ^_^
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby lythac » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:23 pm

RedAces wrote:
warden wrote:
lythac wrote:Pretty sure the same applies to Ret, the extra strength from the Avengers cloak and when reforged Haste>Mastery looks to put it higher than the Vow cloak.

Correct, especially with there currently being no 391 option :(

simcraft for my gears says that the 378 Avengers Cloak is worse than Mantle of Fury (365)

That is odd, I would have thought -

26 Str
16 Mastery
115 Expertise
23 Haste

Would outweigh -

134 Crit

Is there an abundance of expertise gear that makes pieces without expertise more valuable?
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby RedAces » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:33 pm

I'm expertise overcapped even without the cloak and can't reforge out of it enough. Other rets I spoke to have similar problems (even equipping the tank-relic!). If you're short on expertise than this cloak is "meh" at best, because the haste is really subpar and there are dozen other gear-combinations that outdps it.
RedAces

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:26 am

I hadn't heard about this change: Surveying (Archaeology) no longer has a cooldown. Not that it really makes a difference, it was already very short.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:50 pm

RedAces wrote:I'm expertise overcapped even without the cloak and can't reforge out of it enough. Other rets I spoke to have similar problems (even equipping the tank-relic!).

Confirming this, i'm at 30 expertise after reforging out of every single piece, using PvP relic.

365 cloak is superior, that's it.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby yappo » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:57 pm

On the note of 'gamebreaking' changes. Some flying mounts no longer dismount you underwater. Well, at least makes my fishing and cooking dailies faster ;)
yappo

Postby masterpoobaa » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:59 pm

Yappo, that actually existed pre 4.2 - namely those 'special' ones that can act as both ground/air mounts: Sparkley Pony, Headless Horseman mount, Cenarion Hippogryph .

Getting a MASSIVE dose of De-Ja-Vu back to Quel-Danas at the moment with the fire lands dallies.

Entire server of 85's squeezed into 1 tiny start zone - Check.
Mobs that re-spawn within nano-seconds - check.
Quest objects (Wounded avenger of Hyjal troops) massively camped out due to only having a handful of spawn points - check!
The hissy fits and nerd rages due to perceived ninja'ing of previously mentioned quest nodes. - OH CHECK YES!
Massive flagged PVP Gankage - CHECK!

Ahh the memories.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Shathus » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:13 pm

There are portals back to Org and Stormwind in Hyjal at Nordrassil, are those new or had I just missed them for months?
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:22 pm

masterpoobaa wrote:Yappo, that actually existed pre 4.2 - namely those 'special' ones that can act as both ground/air mounts: Sparkley Pony, Headless Horseman mount, Cenarion Hippogryph .

Getting a MASSIVE dose of De-Ja-Vu back to Quel-Danas at the moment with the fire lands dallies.

Entire server of 85's squeezed into 1 tiny start zone - Check.
Mobs that re-spawn within nano-seconds - check.
Quest objects (Wounded avenger of Hyjal troops) massively camped out due to only having a handful of spawn points - check!
The hissy fits and nerd rages due to perceived ninja'ing of previously mentioned quest nodes. - OH CHECK YES!
Massive flagged PVP Gankage - CHECK!

Ahh the memories.

I noticed that too, except this time I'm on a pve server and I have a shadow dual spec so I'm not forced to do them as 23/38 DS-Holy.
Levantine

Postby masterpoobaa » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:24 pm

Oh I'm on a PvE server also... I'm referring to the PvP flagged horde who stand on top of the quest givers - Hilarity (sarcasm) ensues.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Jeremoot » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:23 pm

Shathus wrote:There are portals back to Org and Stormwind in Hyjal at Nordrassil, are those new or had I just missed them for months?

No, they're new, and convenient.
Jeremoot

Postby Levantine » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:38 pm

masterpoobaa wrote:Oh I'm on a PvE server also... I'm referring to the PvP flagged horde who stand on top of the quest givers - Hilarity (sarcasm) ensues.

Nameplates. I never understood how people failed so miserably at quest givers when you can turn hostile nameplates off and friendly ones on.
Levantine

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:59 pm

The big thing this time is that you can completely ignore mob tagging and get credit for hitting something no matter who else does, so the only thing that slows you down is stuff like healing the wounded soldiers.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

PreviousNext

Return to General