Key Bindings

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Key Bindings

Postby Arees » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:25 am

I have absolutely nowhere to put the new HS that is easily reachable where I can use it all the time. What I'm thinking I want to do is bind it to X since I don't need to sit down to eat crits to get mana back now. I just have a simple question... how do I do this? I thought it would be simple, but I seem to only be able to bind certain actionbar buttons, and not abilities themselves. I don't want to do it that way though, because if I ever move the HS icon I'd have to reconfigure the keybinding for it, which would be a pain... Any suggestions?
Arees

Re: Key Bindings

Postby Raeli » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:51 am

I'm confused, you don't want to bind it to an action bar slot because you might move it? What do you do with all of your other abilities?

Anyhow, if that's a problem, there are addons out there that allow you to bind abilities themselves, and not the action bar slots.

Not sure if this will be any good for you but there is this:
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... d-pad.aspx
Raeli

Postby PsiVen » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:15 pm

Even the default UI lets you bind keys to abilities on action bars which are not displayed. I'm not sure what the issue is unless you literally have no space even on bars you have hidden.

I put mine back where it used to be, with an alt-modifier this time. It feels a little weird, but I'm already fairly comfortable with it after spending zero time on the PTR.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Fetzie » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:53 am

My HS is on SHIFT+Q, Hand of Freedom has been relegated to SHIFT+5
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Return to General