[25/10] Alysrazor Hatchling DPS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25/10] Alysrazor Hatchling DPS

Postby Eroslight » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:14 am

All,
This is a general question out to everybody that has done Alysrazor Hatchlings.
I'm looking for tips to maximize DPS on the Hatchlings because YES our DPS MATTERS on this fight.

Gear:
Do I need to pop in a hit trinket?

Rotation:
Do I use HoPo for Inquisition then SoTR rotating throughout? Is that the best use of HoPo?

Learned:
Blowing wings a few seconds (read 10s) into tanking them to allow vengeance to be stacked up is optimal. 750k shield slam crits are groovy.

On Pull: Use an initiate to get 3 HoPo which you can then blow on Iniquisition, then divine please for a 3stack shield slam.
Eroslight

Re: [25/10] Alysrazor Hatchling DPS

Postby georgamel » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:41 am

In our kill I was at ~6% hit and 20 exp, double DPS trinkets plus 1 or 2 hit pieces. Didn't use Inq, just SotR.
The Squirrel Mafia - Shadowmoon
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/shadowmoon/georgamel/advanced
georgamel

Postby BennyHill » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:11 am

Just use your normal rotation and normal gear. The dps requirement isn't that hard to meet with very low hit/expertise.
BennyHill

Postby fafhrd » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:18 am

On 10 at least, we couldn't significantly increase tank DPS on them, had to have actual dpsers help. Tanks started out at around 95-100k dps, then managed to get up to around 105k after working at it.

We organized our dps on Initiates better so people weren't wasting time running along the long-axis of the room, which bought a ton of time to DPS hatchlings between initiates, so usually killed hatchlings either ~5-10s before P2 starts, or during the transition. Also made sure the tanks didn't drag the mobs to random horrible places and stayed in range of DPSers.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby ocso639 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:49 am

As prot, I'm using 2x dps trinkets and spamming shield slam (with shield block,) overpower, devastate and heroic strike. I'm also using str pots when trinkets are up.

My question is -- does anyone think I can tank a hatchling as fury if I just keep feeding him worms? I bet I could pull off 250k dps, wonder if it's worth a shot?
ocso639

Postby inthedrops » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:23 am

I thought the worms were limited in count?
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Eroslight » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:33 am

georgamel wrote:In our kill I was at ~6% hit and 20 exp, double DPS trinkets plus 1 or 2 hit pieces. Didn't use Inq, just SotR.

How did you get that much hit? I can throw on my soulblade and elementium shield for more hit, but I'd be at around 4%.

And yes there are only 8 worms per phase, 4 at a time, which means you get 2 worms per spawn for your hatchling.
Eroslight

Postby Showania » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:39 am

On our attempts last night we were getting the hatchlings to about 10% with a few dps on them as well; but is it really worth the mitigation loss to use dps trinkets in case one tantrums early?
Showania

Postby georgamel » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:58 am

used hit food and some dps hit pieces in addition to the heroic heart of rage. i believe they were the dps belt from maloriak and the 378 rep cloak (not reforged). Also as far as my healers were telling me, there were no issues keeping me up with this set up.
The Squirrel Mafia - Shadowmoon
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/shadowmoon/georgamel/advanced
georgamel

Postby Meloree » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:17 am

How much health do they have in 10s? I seem to remember 31mil in 25s. I was typically able to do ~24 million damage to my hatchling, so I needed about 7 million damage done in 3 minutes from the DPS around - not asking a lot, a few multidots splashed around took care of it, but that was in 25s. That was in full progression-style gear, without gimmicking to do extra DPS.

We did ensure that CoE and FF were up on the hatchling, of course.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby inthedrops » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:09 am

Meloree wrote:How much health do they have in 10s? I seem to remember 31mil in 25s. I was typically able to do ~24 million damage to my hatchling, so I needed about 7 million damage done in 3 minutes from the DPS around - not asking a lot, a few multidots splashed around took care of it, but that was in 25s. That was in full progression-style gear, without gimmicking to do extra DPS.

We did ensure that CoE and FF were up on the hatchling, of course.

This describes me pretty well too. The add would typically be about 10% at the phase change and would die VERY quickly once the last initiate died with help from DPS. It would always die before the tornado's spawned.

I have 0% hit and I think about 22 expertise. All tank gear.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:11 pm

The 10 vs 25man hp is pretty much identical for the hatchlings, as they are meant to be killed by the tank only (more or less).
On that note, they were a bit hard to finnish off in time alone in 25mman normal.
However they hardly do more damage when "enraged" anyway, if shieldwall is up, your healers wont notice if its enraged or not tbh, gives you a lot more time if your running short on worms.

But if things last as they did on ptr, heroicmode is easier from a tank PoV imo.
The adds hit for more, and they are really dangerous if they do get enraged, but they also have 1 third of its hp, instead you get 3 of them (instead of 1 during that phase, you instead handle 3 and you will get 2 worms per hatchling), so they die faster as once they reach hammer range they die fast.
Also the dpsers have less and less to do on the ground in heroicmode the longer the fight goes on, so the 3rd hatchling will go down a lot faster cuz of that.

In 25man normalmode, mine died about 5-10sec after the tornado phase started, so sometimes i had one alive when tornadoes started running around, sometimes it died just before.
Treck

Postby pfunkmort » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:01 pm

the way we were doing it (on normal anyway - still don't get what treckie is saying...no disrespect meant) wasn't working because we would tank them on the north/south and have to deal with alysrazor coming through periodically. so instead, we just tanked on the east/west, and immediately killed both worms as they spawned. We then dragged the hatchlings over the other adds, to have the melee cleave help with the hatchlings (careful not to get too close to the wall because of the punishing damage you take as you get to the wall). Doing that, there was one extra enrage (I was popping both ad and dp together for one of the enrages) for an external cd, but it allows everyone down below to just kinda hang out and not worry about the worm aoe, and the hatchlings were dying about 5 seconds before the cyclones started, on good attempts.
[2.Trade][Alessan]: Is WoW becoming an online kart racer in 4.0.3?
[2.Trade][Tehron]: Yes
pfunkmort

Postby inthedrops » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:39 am

The druid healing me on this fight made a video that shows my damage pretty good. It's interesting to watch because she has damage meters showing and she also has the hatchling targeted so you can see it, and my health in the lower right of her screen. When the mod doesn't have me targeted, it means it was eating a worm. My goal was to eat a worm every 20%. If tantrum wasn't up, I'd delay a bit longer. If I screwed up by standing too close to a worm, I'd blow a cooldown and try to live through one tantrum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8ZSRzvIxKA

I don't run damage meters right now so I didn't know how much I was doing. You can see the first own I did a lot better than the second. The second was at 10% when the phase started switching over but I wasn't getting much help after that. You can also see just how much help I'm getting in between initiates. You can also see me fail on worms once or twice :)
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby jaden » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:54 am

anyone know if shield spikes would scale with the 1000%? could be a real easy way to get a nice extra chunk of dps on hatchlings without gimmicking gear to much.
jaden

Next

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)