Remove Advertisements

MDR comparisions

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: MDR comparisions

Postby Digren » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:08 am

econ21 wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote: more importantly, though, because of diminishing returns on Dodge and Parry an absolute value is impossible as it depends on the rest of the gear a character is wearing.

That's right but that's what I meant by having to make some assumptions. I'm evaluating at 206 rating =1 % as that what the value was for me last time I looked. But for a guide, you would do it at some default gearset (e.g. Digren's normal raiding model or Theckhd's T11 matlab gearset).

The point is not to report an accurate absolute CTC value for each player (that's what your 102.4 macro or Mr Robot are for), but to compare gear. If the relic is not a big CTC upgrade for me, I'd wager it's not for other raiders' gearsets.

I'd really hesitate to make something that looks like an actual character sheet percent but isn't. If it can't be accurate, I'd rather use a clearly arbitrary unit so there's no confusion.
Digren

Re: MDR comparisions

Postby Digren » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:12 am

Digren wrote:It would be nice to have a way to convey more information, but OMG thinking about maintaining this in bbcode is brutal. I would have to be able to export from OpenDoc to BBCode or something to be able to do this automatically. (Hmm, both OpenDoc Spreadsheet and BBCode are open formats. I wonder if such a tool exists...?)

A cursory check says no.
Digren

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice