1. Shannox
2. Majordomo Staghelm
3. Ryolith
4. Baleroc
5. Alysrazor
6. Beth'tilac
7. Ragnaros

REGULAR MODE
So far the logical path in 10 man seems to be: (After downing 6 bosses with my 12/12 reg team I put them in order from easiest to most difficult)

1. Shannox -- coordination (Shannox trash opens gates to Baleroc)
2. Lord Rhyolith -- coordination
3. Beth'tilac -- gear check / assigning roles properly
4. Baleroc -- healer practice
5. Alysrazor -- coordination / CD tank/healer practice / assigning roles properly / reforging tanks to proper DPS levels

(Must kill 5/7 to access following bosses)
6. Majordomo Staghelm -- Gear check. Mechanics are pretty straight forward
7. Ragnaros -- Practice, Practice, more Practice.

Videos
I posted some raw-non-guide youtube videos (w/vent & no silly techno) of our 12/12 regular team killing the first three bosses. With our reg gear and lack of heroic mode experience I hope this helps other casual teams in their attempts.

I'm showing these because reading about the heroic (and highly skilled) players 1 shotting some of these bosses can be disheartening to us "casuals". Here's us, a bunch of noobs making it happen to inspire other noobs that it's possible :)

All from our hunters PoV which gives a nice overlay of the encounter (sans tank ball shot)
Shannox
Lord Rhyolith
Beth'tilac
Last edited by frontallobe on Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:36 am, edited 33 times in total.
Frontallobe ~http://www.ihazlead.com
Raid leading and generally being terrible since Molten Core
frontallobe

Re: Logical Firelands path?

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:16 am

:/

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=30609

Last page has all the details.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby frontallobe » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:24 am

I don't see the value in a huge thread dedicated to 4.0 content. I think starting a new thread makes most sense. Sorry if you don't agree.
Last edited by frontallobe on Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frontallobe

Postby Gab » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:52 am

frontallobe wrote:I don't see the value in a huge thread dedicated to 4.0 content. I think starting a new thread makes most sense. Sorry if you don't agree.

This look about right?

Shannox
Rhyolith
Alysrazor
Baleroc
Beth'tilak
Majordummy
Raggy

Can you even get to Baleroc before Beth'tilac? Also I think you are strongly over estimating Beth'tilac; we downed her in two pulls. Beth'tilac imo should be the first or second boss most guilds go for.
Gab

Postby Treck » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:57 am

Once youve killed enough trash to spawn shannox, the gate to baelroc opens up, so you could kill him without killing anything but trash tbh.
Treck

Postby frontallobe » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:01 am

Gab were you in heroic level gear? My guild did about 9 attempts on her but our dps seemed too low to get all the adds down properly and the healers had to sustain 13k hps to keep everyone up. What was your strategy with the spinners? Sometimes when I cam down from the web i would see 4 spinners up just owning face. Drowns were barely dying in time..
frontallobe

Postby Gab » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:13 am

We were 11/13 HM before 4.2 hit. So yeah pretty geared. I guess that could make a significant difference with a burn fight of this nature, but it still didn't seem bad at all. Recount wasn't working so I'm not sure what our dps/hps numbers were.

As for spinners, RD works wonders on these. Sometimes RD would bring three down at a time, I would round them up with the drone and they would get cleaved down no problem. We had melee focus on Drones when they were up and ranged focus on spiderlings when they were up. Used frost trap to slow spiderlings.

We were only sending up one dps to Beth'tilac's level along with one healer and one tank. We started the burn phase with Beth'tilac at 73% and one shot phase 2. Just save hero for when healing starts becoming intense and rotate Raid Stand, AM, DG, PW:B, SLT etc...
Gab

Postby baleogthefierce » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:40 am

Gab wrote:We were 11/13 HM before 4.2 hit. So yeah pretty geared. I guess that could make a significant difference with a burn fight of this nature, but it still didn't seem bad at all. Recount wasn't working so I'm not sure what our dps/hps numbers were.

As for spinners, RD works wonders on these. Sometimes RD would bring three down at a time, I would round them up with the drone and they would get cleaved down no problem. We had melee focus on Drones when they were up and ranged focus on spiderlings when they were up. Used frost trap to slow spiderlings.

We were only sending up one dps to Beth'tilac's level along with one healer and one tank. We started the burn phase with Beth'tilac at 73% and one shot phase 2. Just save hero for when healing starts becoming intense and rotate Raid Stand, AM, DG, PW:B, SLT etc...

Yeah if your raid is in full heroic T11 gear it's entirely possible to do the burn phase with Beth starting at 100% if you rotate raid cooldowns
baleogthefierce

Postby Dravan » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:55 pm

You need to distinguish between 10 and 25 here I think. We were 7/13 HC T11. We raid 25.

Shannox took us 8 attempts, though many of those were trying to work out if we use the tank swapping or not. Turns out just tank them at max range from each other and its easy. Seriously think we got a record for most raid members eating ice traps and still killed it.

Lord Rhyolith took us 4 attempts with 24 people and two of them socials (raiding on an off night). Get a good shouter to guide DPS on legs and you will kill it no problem.

Bethalic is very hectic and takes some time to split DPS. We haven't killed her yet but got her to 15% tonight and now the tactic is sorted we should down it easy on Sunday. I would not say this is the easiest boss and would recommend doing the two above before attempting Bethalic, though it probably depends on your DPS and how good your aoe DPS is (I'm pretty sure boomkins rule this fight with starfall but we didn't have any).

Not sure but I have heard that the fire bird is not that tough, no idea how it is compared to the others.
Dravan

Postby fafhrd » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:27 pm

So, on 10, for a mostly 372 guild (scraped into 13/13 a week before 4.2), this would be the order of difficulty we found:

- Bethilak (2 pulls)
- Major Domo (2 pulls)
- Shannox (2 pulls)
- Baleroc (5 pulls, the first 3 of which were 9 man)
- Lord Lhyolith (6 pulls, getting leg dps right was tricky, although a dk was shooting us in the foot the first few attempts by howling blasting...)
- Ragnaros (11 pulls - steady progress though, just wiping to a new mechanic each time and fixing it the next time)
- Alysrazor (14 pulls - night 1 wiping in p2 to hatchilings being up, most of night 2 to people dying in P2 tornadoes, annoying fight, random deaths etc)

Now putting those in an actually logical kill order:
- Shannox
- Beth
- Balerok if the gate is open, sometimes it isn't
- Lord Ryleth
- Alysrazor (only because you have to at this point)
- Domo
- Rags

Difficulty would likely be a bit different for 359s, since 372 gear means several of the late-fight burn phases become much easier to get through, leaving the earlier execution parts of the fights the only real hurdle. Balerock, Domo and Beth all felt like this, as soon as the execution was right, things just fell over. Rag was a bit close though.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby claisa » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:27 am

On patch night we went for Beth'tlack and our 10 man team in mostly 359's still just about didn't have enough dps to stay on top of the adds. We will be going their again on sunday but currently looking to see what bosses are coordination/tactics rather than DPS based.

We are 6/13 hard modes but it is a real smattering of 372 gear across the team.

Beth'tlack does seem easy enough if you got the gear requirements the tactics aren't the issue. We had two dps going up to her in phase 1 maybe worth trying with 1 going up and seeing if we can control the adds enough and then burn her from 90% health in phase 2.
claisa

Postby frontallobe » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:36 am

Hey Claisa,

Give it another go. My team has one piece of 372 heroic loot between the ten of us and we did after working a lot with who should be doing what. 21 wipes over two nights for a 359 team. I posted all the things we learned in the Beth'lac 10 thread here. viewtopic.php?f=43&t=31843
frontallobe

Postby Gab » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:12 am

claisa wrote:On patch night we went for Beth'tlack and our 10 man team in mostly 359's still just about didn't have enough dps to stay on top of the adds. We will be going their again on sunday but currently looking to see what bosses are coordination/tactics rather than DPS based.

We are 6/13 hard modes but it is a real smattering of 372 gear across the team.

Beth'tlack does seem easy enough if you got the gear requirements the tactics aren't the issue. We had two dps going up to her in phase 1 maybe worth trying with 1 going up and seeing if we can control the adds enough and then burn her from 90% health in phase 2.

If you are having trouble keeping up with adds, then maybe you should try only sending 1 dps up. Make sure you get spinners down from the webs quickly and grouped for cleaves with any drones that are up. It might actually be a tactics issue and not "DPS based", because proper tactics can net you more DPS.
Gab

Postby frontallobe » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:36 pm

So far it looks like:

Shannox -> Beth'lac
frontallobe

Postby claisa » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:26 am

Gab wrote:If you are having trouble keeping up with adds, then maybe you should try only sending 1 dps up. Make sure you get spinners down from the webs quickly and grouped for cleaves with any drones that are up. It might actually be a tactics issue and not "DPS based", because proper tactics can net you more DPS.

I agree perfectly executed tactics will result in a net dps increase, We will be going back in tonight and try a few different combos, but since firelands has been free and generous with the epics and most people seem to rocking about 50 item levels of gear extra including weapons upgrade from 359 to 378 i expect that will also make a large difference.

If we still have trouble with 2 dps going up then the plan is to shift that to one or change it on a cycle by cycle basis.
claisa

Next

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)