[Tier-12] Really no off-Tier cloth helm ?

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Tier-12] Really no off-Tier cloth helm ?

Postby sherck » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:24 am

Started doing some research to get my alt Priest up to speed. With only one instance in Tier-12, there may be times where I need a second raid ready toon for the guild.

I could not find a non-Tier 378 cloth helm. I think every non-Tier piece I did find in cloth armor slots had neither Spirit nor Hit on them. So does that mean that only Mage and Lock Tier pieces have Hit on them?

It seems a bit strange in itemization for Blizzard to do that. Granted, there was a BoE 359 cloth helm in Tier-11 (I have it for the Priest) and there were non-Tier cloth helms available via drop. However, to pretty much say in Tier-12 that there is no non-token drop cloth helm in the whole tier? Seems a bit wierd.

Thoughts? Am I wrong and just missing a piece of loot?

Cheers,
sherck

Re: [Tier-12] Really no off-Tier cloth helm ?

Postby lythac » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:05 am

Flickering Cowl

If you were filtering it would not be showing up. Think there are a couple of other pieces around with <Random enchantment> on them for other armor types/slots.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby sherck » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:27 am

lythac wrote:Flickering Cowl

If you were filtering it would not be showing up. Think there are a couple of other pieces around with <Random enchantment> on them for other armor types/slots.

Okay, thanks. I did miss that piece.

Oh no. Another piece with <Random> enchants which means it can drop 100% of the time and never, ever be useful. It could have Hit on it every time it drops.....or Spirit if you are a mage or Lock.

Why does blizzard continue to do this? We got our one guild Al'Akir kill this week and both pieces ended up being poor copies of VP purchasable gear that was completely useless.

Again, thanks.

Cheers,
sherck

Postby Levantine » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:23 pm

I found a good post somewhere that posed the notion that it's Blizzard artificially limiting healer regen and dps hit values without resorting to something like sunwell radiance for dps. The did state they had plans to raise the hit cap each tier and they still want healer mana to matter at least a little.
Levantine

Postby sherck » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:18 am

Levantine wrote:I found a good post somewhere that posed the notion that it's Blizzard artificially limiting healer regen and dps hit values without resorting to something like sunwell radiance for dps. The did state they had plans to raise the hit cap each tier and they still want healer mana to matter at least a little.

Well, if that is the case than they are only nerfing Priests for healers. I know for sure that all but 2 Intellect plate pieces for Tier-12 have Spirit on it and I am pretty sure after looking at the Tier-12 leather briefly that almost all of it has Spirit on it. Since it is the combined regen/hit stat for that armor type, it makes since. I can only assume it is the same for Mail.

It seems a wierd decision to not put Spirit or Hit on any of the off-tier drops if that is what they did. I understand wanting to make it "attractive" to both sides, but it appears to only be hurting the Priest healers when compared with the other healing specs.

Cheers,
sherck

Postby Levantine » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:37 pm

It's squarely aimed at Holy Priests if it's true. Discipline gets Rapture to supplement their Spirit based regen while Holy just has the augmented Spirit regen. We're by the the most passive spec when it comes to actually regenning mana. That said, 5/5 of our tier has spirit I spose, even if the pants are otherwise poorly itemised. Ew crit.
Levantine

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:14 am

Levantine wrote:It's squarely aimed at Holy Priests if it's true. Discipline gets Rapture to supplement their Spirit based regen while Holy just has the augmented Spirit regen. We're by the the most passive spec when it comes to actually regenning mana.

It's true... I have sub-1k spirit on Schatze right now, and I rarely have mana issues (if a fight is going extra long or people aren't staying out of the fire, then there can be issues, but most healers would have issues with that.)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes