Remove Advertisements

Bubble taunt

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Bubble taunt

Postby econ21 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:49 pm

We can bubble to reset stacks of some debuffs, like with Festergut or Halfus's Malevolent Strikes. What's the best way to do this to minimise the chance of the boss killing someone else while you are bubbled?

With Festergut, I used to right click off the bubble icon, but nowadays, I find it tricky to do find the icon and right click it off in time (I guess my UI icons are smaller now). I googled the following macro which looks good:

#showtooltip Divine Shield
/cancelaura Divine Shield
/cast Divine Shield

So, I guess the best way to go this is press that macro twice, then hit hand of reckoning? I am assuming there is no point hitting the taunt before the macro or imbetween hitting the macro twice.

I know in some games, a taunt can fixate an enemy on you despite your being invulnerable (Dragon Age's force field comes to mind) but am not sure if it is possible with WoW.
econ21

Re: Bubble taunt

Postby Glowry » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:14 pm

- Yes, use that macro and spam it to be safe.
- No, unlike dragon age, the mob will not attack you no matter what you do while you are immune as long as there is another person in combat with that mob.
- I believe after that after the immune fades, the mobs will automatically come back to you (at least from what I've seen). This is different than WotLK where you'd have to hit the mob or taunt it for it to come back to you.
Glowry

Postby Arcand » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:09 pm

Glowry wrote:- I believe after that after the immune fades, the mobs will automatically come back to you (at least from what I've seen). This is different than WotLK where you'd have to hit the mob or taunt it for it to come back to you.

You should still have to generate some kind of threat to snap back to the top of the threat table. A Truth tick, self-healing, mana regen(?), something.
Arcand

Postby baff » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:18 pm

Taunting puts a debuff on the (say) boss. If you bubble while that debuff is on the boss, it will attack you even if your bubble is up. Once the debuff on the boss is gone, the boss will go attack next on aggro (using normal aggro rules).

If you want to bubble a debuff off (for example on halfus) - taunt the boss even if he is targeting you, then quickly hit your macro twice. The boss will still attack you if you are fast enough (I think the debuff lasts for about three seconds, but I'm too lazy to verify).
baff

Postby Fridmarr » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:41 pm

If you tap the macro twice, and are tops on the threat list, you won't need to taunt. The boss will barely budge before he returns to you. If you aren't sure of your threat position, then taunt first and double tap the macro.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Awyndel » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:16 am

Fridmarr wrote:If you tap the macro twice, and are tops on the threat list, you won't need to taunt. The boss will barely budge before he returns to you.

Wouldn't be the first time I killed a dps by doing that. It's much safer to taunt first.
Awyndel

Postby dirtypally » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:52 am

Just dont be like the old days and confuse the DI with the bubble, kill yourself and then everyone else wipes too. LOL that sucked.
dirtypally

Postby Jaitee » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:59 pm

on halfus id always wait till just after he did a shadow nova cause i wiped us once when i hit my macro and in that split second he started chasing teh mage which put him a fraction out of rebukes range which when im at 400+ ms latency dosnt really leave me enough time to hit rebuke go oh out of range move into him then rebuke

and the way it works is that your top of threat you bubble they go after the 2nd person once bubble fades then if you beat their threat by 110% if your in melee or 130% if your at range then it will switch straight back to you if your under 110% or 130% you will need to taunt

this is useful in tank swap fights with taunt immune mobs since your off tank dosnt need to beat your threat just get close enough for you too bubble and have the mob stick to them...for instance you couuld bubble but be at 115% of their threat so run out of melee range wait there till you need the boss again (having them not generate threat while your out) as soon as your back in melee the boss will swap back to you on the next tank swap use a glyphed hand of salvation (temporarily makes your threat 0) and do the same again next time using BoP

and a mob will only switch away from you while immune if they have a physical attack if they just cast spells then they can keep targeting you even when your immune (havnt tested this but i remember reading it years ago...and i have no idea which mob to test it on!!!!)

oh and one more thing while a mob has a fixate on you for example the 2 big addds in maloriak or the voracious hatchlings in alysrazors fight then they will continue to attack you no matter what you do my off tank wormjacked me twice last night so i had to survive some tantrums with divine shield and another later with BoP and the hatchling just kept attacking me! we also used it when my off tank was tanking while dodging tornadoes just bop him and he dosnt have to worry about getting smashed from behind while dodging
Jaitee

Postby JU1CYFRU1T » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:25 am

Is it possible to add the taunt to the macro, so that you simply hit the same button 3 times?

#showtooltip Divine Shield
/cast Hand of Reckoning
/cancelaura Divine Shield
/cast Divine Shield

If you hit that three times in sequence, wouldn't it taunt, cast DS, and then clear DS... because for the second and third presses Rebuke would be on cooldown? I am all about making my life easier, and since I haven't actively tanked since WotLK (went Ret when Blood wing was released)... the less buttons I have to remember to press the better.
Last edited by JU1CYFRU1T on Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
JU1CYFRU1T

Postby RedAces » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:38 am

Rebuke is the interrupt not a taunt.
RedAces

Postby JU1CYFRU1T » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:38 am

Oops, my mistake. I will edit the post so people aren't trying to use that macro.

In theory though, if I were using the correct spell (Reckoning), would that macro work as a three press button?
JU1CYFRU1T

Return to Basic Training & Talents