Firelands 378 Tank Gear List

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Sabindeus, Aergis, lythac, Digren, majiben

Re: Firelands 378 Tank Gear List

Postby Digren » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:39 am

Take a look at what I kept for necks. Anyone who's bothered to do a little bit of Hyjal while leveling can pick up the new vendor neck. If you didn't bother, though, a few lower options are still on the list, including a BoE jewelcrafting one. Not that I'd recommend anyone waste money on that...
Digren

Postby Digren » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:05 pm

yappo wrote:
lythac wrote:Those particular items are vendor bought (gold?) once the quest has been completed. There might be some quest rewards that do follow your point of a respeccing player.

Keeping lower value gear could be useful for those returning to the game who already have the lower gear and want to see how it ranks.

Ah, soz, I thought all the items behaved like the cloak, which is a quest reward from http://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=29331

Even with the cloak, though, if you are changing spec and can't run the quest, just walk over to your Hyjal rep vendor and buy a Wrap of the Great Turtle. Either way you can pretty-much instantly pick up the third-best or fifth-best cloak. (If you change spec after doing the quest but before becoming exalted with Hyjal? Okay then, spend some money on a Twilight Dragonscale Cloak and have a near-identical fifth-best cloak.)

There's simply no reason to maintain significantly lower pieces on any guide. They're just going to confuse someone.

I've patched in my cloak recommendations. I went down as low as I did specifically so I could include the Icebound Cloak. No one - no one - should be using it in a tank spec, whether primary or secondary. After the summer fest I'll edit the list to end with the Floating Web, showing how the former valor cloaks are no bargain with justice points.
Digren

Postby yappo » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:55 am

Digren wrote:Even with the cloak, though, if you are changing spec and can't run the quest, just walk over to your Hyjal rep vendor and buy a Wrap of the Great Turtle. Either way you can pretty-much instantly pick up the third-best or fifth-best cloak. (If you change spec after doing the quest but before becoming exalted with Hyjal? Okay then, spend some money on a Twilight Dragonscale Cloak and have a near-identical fifth-best cloak.)

Unless there's a very good reason I doubt if I'll dip below 346, if even that.

As for the cloak, I'll have to include the Hyjal rep reward because of the quest, but I really don't see a reason to dip below 359 in that slot. Possibly, but only possibly, if there's a valid reason to keep a list of quick and dirty failsafes to get started with heroics. That would, however, force me to run three levels of failsafe gear.
yappo

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice