Remove Advertisements

4.2 HS and Mastery

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

4.2 HS and Mastery

Postby Samus » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:31 am

Been away from the forum for a while and I've completely lost track of what HS does now and what our mastery is now (plus how does Mastery on gear effect it?)?

Could some one just give me an over-view I've taken a quick look in the 4.2 thread but I don't have time to read through it all.

Cheers
Samus - 80 - Human Female Prot Pally - The Hackett Clan
Samus

Re: 4.2 HS and Mastery

Postby Fetzie » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:40 am

Mastery increases your block chance, and should be on every item. If it isn't on an item, reforge so that it is.

Holy Shield makes your block value 50% instead of 30% for 10 seconds every 30.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Samus » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:24 am

Cheers I also got this reply in a different thread randomly.

Jeremoot wrote:Now it increases how much your shield blocks by 20% for 10 seconds on a 30 second CD. It's a nice mini-CD, use it when there's a lot of melee burst damage.

Mastery hasn't changed (unless I missed something).
Samus - 80 - Human Female Prot Pally - The Hackett Clan
Samus

Postby Koatanga » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:34 pm

Mastery simultaneously got worse and more important.

It's "worse" in that 1% block means less overall mitigation in 4.2 than it did in 4.1 (1% block was worth .4% dodge/parry in 4.1, but will be worth .36666...% dodge/parry in 4.2 assuming HS on cooldown which isn't an optimal way to use it but represents the highest possible uptime on a non-existent Patchwerk-style encounter that is only used as a napkin maths figure not to reflect actual encounter design and your mileage may vary - actual real block value is said to be an improvement assuming HS is used intelligently).

But CTC becomes even more important, because your 20% block increase for 10 out of 30 seconds only matters if you actually block. It would suck to pop a block cooldown for an expected spike only to cop an unblocked hit to the face. Since mastery remains the cheapest way to attain 102.4 combat table coverage, you simply gotta have it.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Return to General