Diablo 2 hooked again..

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Diablo 2 hooked again..

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:26 am

So.. we where cleaning up the house to have it all "perty" for fathers day when family would be over and I stumbled over my D2 discs + strategy guide.. D2 always gets brought up be people in conversation.. but "holding" the strategy guide and CD's caused me to have TONS of great memories playing D2 with my dad (Oh hell 10 YEARS ago..) and I decided it's time to look at those crummy graphics and left/right click my way through a session of demon ass kickin..

So after a 3 minute install (I remember when it took 30!) I was rolling around my baby sorc and saw they added a "respec" ability to Kara in act 1.. My GF saw me playing and she ended up deciding she was interested so last night we both made fresh toons to play...

Does anyone still play D2? If so does anyone know if there are currently items ONLY available in "Ladder" vs. not available in Non-Ladder like back in the old days? We rolled our toons on USEAST in case one of our friends decides to play with us, but I'm concerned most people will have all their toons on non-ladder..

Also, does anyone know of a "UP TO DATE" Place to get "character builds"
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Re: Diablo 2 hooked again..

Postby Shoju » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:47 am

I'm unsure how up to date it is, but,

www.lurkerlounge.com (my guild's site)

was the EJ type place of DII. I have never played Diablo or DII, so I have those forums minimized in my display of the site.
Shoju

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:52 am

Shoju wrote: I have never played Diablo or DII.

HANG HIM FROM THE HIGHEST TREE!!!

I'm shocked by this.. I thought it was like a "Right of Passage" to play d2 if your a blizzard game player! :)
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Shoju » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:07 am

WoW was my first blizz product. I have since tried the original warcraft games.

I guess "never" might be an overstatement. I "tried" D/DII after playing WoW, but that lasted..... less than 2 hours tops.
Shoju

Postby sahiel » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:26 am

Shoju wrote:WoW was my first blizz product. I have since tried the original warcraft games.

I guess "never" might be an overstatement. I "tried" D/DII after playing WoW, but that lasted..... less than 2 hours tops.

Similar for me, I tried them long before WoW but Diablo never really grabbed me, the endless clickfest just wasn't a style of play I enjoyed, I think I probably spent most of my time around then playing C&C or something similar.
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:37 am

sahiel wrote:
Shoju wrote:WoW was my first blizz product. I have since tried the original warcraft games.

Similar for me, I tried them long before WoW but Diablo never really grabbed me, the endless clickfest just wasn't a style of play I enjoyed, I think I probably spent most of my time around then playing C&C or something similar.

I was actually thinking last night "Damn no wonder I went through a few mouses playing this game"
Shyrtandros

Postby bldavis » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:43 pm

Shyrtandros wrote:
Shoju wrote: I have never played Diablo or DII.

HANG HIM FROM THE HIGHEST TREE!!!

I'm shocked by this.. I thought it was like a "Right of Passage" to play d2 if your a blizzard game player! :)

hear hear!

it was for me at least
i now play wow, SC2 and cant wait for D3!!!!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby theckhd » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:31 pm

Amateurs. You're not a true Blizz gamer unless you've played Blackthorne. The original Warcraft game may also be acceptable.

Unfortunately, even I've never played Lost Vikings.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby PsiVen » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:19 pm

I've picked up and dropped D2 long enough to have all my characters deleted about 5 times... I believe my current session is still alive only because I set up an Outlook reminder to login once a month. My tradition is to roll up an MF sorc to gear up a melee sorc and warcry barb (originally "SorcBarb", which for some reason struck me as creative ten years ago). This last time I failed to get an Enigma before the ladder reset and didn't have enough to trade for one. I'm one trade away from finishing my Dual Dream Enchantress, but I'll never actually get to make that trade.

My wife has played WoW for the last couple years, so I tried to get her into D2 with me last year (she'd played it a little bit long ago) but it didn't really stick. I can't stay interested either given the massive pile of spam and bullshit that is the online community.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:36 am

theckhd wrote:Amateurs. You're not a true Blizz gamer unless you've played Blackthorne. The original Warcraft game may also be acceptable.

Unfortunately, even I've never played Lost Vikings.

truth
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby lythac » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:06 am

Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Return to General