Remove Advertisements

3 tanks for 10 mans in 4.2 Firelands?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

3 tanks for 10 mans in 4.2 Firelands?

Postby Strom » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:18 am

I have not kept up with the new content and was curious if 10 mans will be forced to use 3 tanks in some encounters for this content patch. I would hope that is not the case. Anyone have some insight on tanking for the 7 bosses?
Strom

Re: 3 tanks for 10 mans in 4.2 Firelands?

Postby Rhiannon » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:26 am

Nothing from the normal modes suggested three tanks would be optimal. Nothing from the hard modes I tested on 10 man (4 of them iirc) suggested three tanks would be useful.
Rhiannon

Postby Treck » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:35 am

If the fights go live as last tested on the PTR, normal OR heroic, there is going to be no need at all to bring 3 tanks, for any of the fights.
Basicly all of them are designed to be 2 tank fights, with maybe lord ryolith/majodormo to be single tank fights.
Bringing another tank just doesnt change anything, not in 10man, or 25man.
Treck

Postby halabar » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:38 am

Treck, on an unrelated note, whats the trash like before the various bosses? Lots? little?
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Kitmajere » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:14 pm

halabar wrote:Treck, on an unrelated note, whats the trash like before the various bosses? Lots? little?

On another unrelated note, which boss kill order makes the most sense trash-wise for the first four? I'm not understanding which boss is where from the wowhead map (other than Lord Rhyolith and Beth'tilac) http://ptr.wowhead.com/zone=5723#map.
Kitmajere

Postby Treck » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:27 pm

Shannox (pretty much the first boss you encounter, you can skip him tho if you want) has some mean trash.
Both pretty hard, and VERY VERY annoying, pretty much every pack is about as big of a pain as the other, oh, and theres lots of it.

The other bosses are fine, the spider has some of the "easier" shannox packs, with a mix of some spiders.
Lord ryolith has some firelementals that you faceroll.
The birdie has like 2 big trashmobs with some adds that are pretty fun.
The gatekeepers trash are just there to take some time, not really hard.
Majodormos trashmobs are insanely annoying, but theres only one pack (seems to respawn if not killed tho, in case of wipes, and it will happen)
Raggy trash is faceroll.

Shannox patrols the WHOLE "The Molten Fields" area, his path is very easy to see, and he takes ages to take a whole lap :S
Baeloc (/whatever) the gatekeeper is just ahead of the bridge.
And Alyzrazor the flying proto drake in its burning feather disquise, lives inside the mountain north of shatterstone, and fought in the very nice area just below the mountain.
About shannox trash, it didnt seem to respawn on PTR, hopefully this is intended.
Maybe they respawn after a soft reset (aka people have been outside the instance for 30min), but otherwise they shouldnt respawn during progress unless blizzard changes that.
So if your bothered about trash coming back the next day, id say finnishing off shannox first would prolly be nice, its possible "his" trash despawns after a softreset if he is dead aswell (was actually suggested on some ptr forum, that if you wanted to kill the trash fast, you cleared up to shannox, killed him, went outside the instance and afked for 30min letting it soft reset, and then enter :P)
Treck

Postby Fetzie » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:16 am

Which order would you recommend killing bosses in?

I'm thinking Shannox (after what you said about trash), then rhyolith, alysrazor, beth'tilak, gatekeeper, major and rag. Any comments?
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Treck » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:24 pm

Shannox wasnt actually all that easy on normalmode, compared to the others, but running back to other bosses are annoying if shannox are running around all the time.
Lord Ryolith is kinda "complicated" until you learn how to control his feet, so it depends on how capable your raid is at coordinating your efforts.
If your 2 tanks are proper, alyzrazor is really really easy tbh but they need to be quick on their feet.
Shannox requires most of your raid to think on their feet, so i think thisone might be pretty tough if your not to sure of your raiders.
Beth'ilac is rather easy to grasp once you see the fight, so id say thats a pretty easy one to start with.
Gatekeeper very easy to grasp aswell, so also one of the "earlier" bosses id say.
I think it was mentioned somewhere that you have to kill the first 5 bosses, to reach majodormo/raggy, so cant take those in another order i guess.
A while ago someone mentioned that the bridge behind gatekeeper spawned after he died, if thats the case maybe you could go past the first 4, but they are easier anyway.
This is all asuming shannox trash doesnt respawn, if they do, i think its worth taking shannox first anyway, as the difficulty jump shouldnt be that big.

But do remember that this is all based on how the normalmodes were on PTR, many fights have changed quite some, so its prolly not very accurate anymore (and in 372+ gear)
Will have a lot better view after one week with normalmodes on live, to see what actually made it live.
Treck

Postby Strom » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:35 am

Good info, thanks Treck!

On another side note, should we expect to always be using 3 healers in a 10 man?
Strom

Postby Treck » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:54 am

Lord ryolith was very doable with 2 healers on normalmode, but 3 was usually more "safe".
Most other bosses i think 3 healers are prefered as most have elements of intense healing.
Alyzrazor might also be 2 healable i guess, and maybe baeloc.
Mostly focused on 25man tho.
Treck

Postby djlar » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:32 am

Is this trash like BoT? if you don't kill a whole group they'll respawn? or just regular trash?
djlar

Postby Treck » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:28 pm

A bit of both tbh.
Some trashpacks you have to kill all of, and some wont respawn even if you die.
Treck

Postby valura » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:21 am

Treck, what are the chances for a mediocre raidgroup with illusions of grandeur 0/14 HM encounters, only the Magmaw achievement and Chimaeron achievemnt done, and an average raidgroup itemlevel of 357, to kill any 4.2 bosses on thursday, keeping in mind, that nodoby will probably get any of the new 4.2 gear (neither from reputation, nor from crafting)?
In tribute to the original Paladin, Charles the Hammer Martel (° 688 - † 22 oct 741).
Bohica (90) BM
Kul Tiras >>> Valura (90) Prot | Hashishin (90) Combat | Arishem (90) Blood | Maurgane (90) Frost | Bova (90) Bear |
| Zannah (90) Resto | Farmingbull (76) Resto | Shoju (51) WW | Wærloga (63) Destro | Dejiko (50) Prot |
Draenor >>> Kenesha (90) Resto | Qedesha (80) Disc | Lanthlasa (52) BM | Xiaohongquan (73) WW |

Jebus what a soul crushing procession of Failures, Septic Tanks, Oxygen thieves and Utter Utter retards. - masterpooba
valura
Maintankadonor

Location: outer ring of the 7th circle of Hell (aka Kul Tiras EU - Horde side)

Postby Treck » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:47 am

Its hard to tell tbh.
Are you 0/13 hardmodes cuz you only care about normalmodes, but your 12/12 normalmodes?
Or are you 0/13 but youve tried some hardmodes without success?

Atramedes/halfus on heroic is likely easier than the normalmodes in firelands.
So if you can take those, i think you can kill a few bosses the first week.
The gear you have is enough for the normalmodes id say (some of them atleast), while more helps, id say its more a matter of willingness and dedication to see new fights, and learn fast.
A lot of the fights are very different from bastion/blackwing bosses, so you might have to read up a bit.
If you went and killed any bosses the first week you stepped into raids in cata, i think you can kill a few of the fireland bosses the first few days aswell.

While i would say dont underestimate the bosses in terms of mechanics, they are still rather "easy" once you know what your doing.

But i do need to emphasize that my experience of 10man is very twisted as the bosses when i did them on 10man ptr, were VERY different than they are when they go live, so its more of an estimation as to how blizzard will tune it.
Treck

Postby valura » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:51 am

let me put it this way, we haven't done any HM10 because our group does not seem to cut it. We have not done any achievements for the same reason. we currently only have Halfus, V&T, Conclave, and Magmaw on (actual) farm. Nefarion still hasn't been killed despite 150+ attempts...

yet some ppl insiste we are a progression raiding group, and because of that we need to be raiding with the big boys when 4.2 hits :?
In tribute to the original Paladin, Charles the Hammer Martel (° 688 - † 22 oct 741).
Bohica (90) BM
Kul Tiras >>> Valura (90) Prot | Hashishin (90) Combat | Arishem (90) Blood | Maurgane (90) Frost | Bova (90) Bear |
| Zannah (90) Resto | Farmingbull (76) Resto | Shoju (51) WW | Wærloga (63) Destro | Dejiko (50) Prot |
Draenor >>> Kenesha (90) Resto | Qedesha (80) Disc | Lanthlasa (52) BM | Xiaohongquan (73) WW |

Jebus what a soul crushing procession of Failures, Septic Tanks, Oxygen thieves and Utter Utter retards. - masterpooba
valura
Maintankadonor

Location: outer ring of the 7th circle of Hell (aka Kul Tiras EU - Horde side)

Next

Return to General