Remove Advertisements

[3D Art] Mini Coopers!

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

[3D Art] Mini Coopers!

Postby Dazhbog » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:03 pm

Hey look! I made a movie! Nothing to rival Invis, but not bad for a first stab into animating with Maya:

http://www.bmloeffelman.com/portfolio/B ... yblast.mov

And here's a rendered frame, for a glimpse at how it'll come out when actually batch rendered:

Edit: Some people have reported errors in viewing the video. Please let me know if it breaks for you; I've had the most success viewing it in Quicktime.
Dazhbog

Re: [3D Art] Mini Coopers!

Postby Dazhbog » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:09 pm

I can see you're all just speechless in awe =P
Dazhbog

Postby Aubade » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:17 pm

Too many headlights! the car looks like it's from L.A Noire =O
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Aergis » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:59 pm

Looks great for your first stab at maya. Not sure if you're still tweaking or calling it done, but the car animation is too predictable and rigid. Plus there should be a rig on them so you can add some good tipping on the turns and shocks on the decels/accels.

Some shots were long, but I'm sure you'll be learning plenty on edits and timing later. It's something that is never really finished, and I've barely scratched the surface myself.

Be proud, first stabs at animation in maya are generally a ball bouncing for 30 frames. You put together a nice little sequence that tells a story.
Aergis
Site Admin

Postby Dazhbog » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:23 pm

Aubade wrote:Too many headlights! the car looks like it's from L.A Noire =O

They're the mini coopers from the original Italian job, and are accurate to the film =P Rally coopers had lotsa headlights.

I hear you on the animation, Aergis; it's definitely not done, and I've been tweaking like mad all weekend =) The cars are rigged, I just turned off the controls in the video for look. Turned off the textures too; those are done now, and I'm working on adjusting motion paths and wheels turning, among a thousand other things. I'll post the final video once it's done on Wednesday.
Dazhbog

Postby Thalia » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:28 pm

Dazhbog wrote:

They're the mini coopers from the original Italian job, and are accurate to the film =P Rally coopers had lotsa headlights.

I hear you on the animation, Aergis; it's definitely not done, and I've been tweaking like mad all weekend =) The cars are rigged, I just turned off the controls in the video for look. Turned off the textures too; those are done now, and I'm working on adjusting motion paths and wheels turning, among a thousand other things. I'll post the final video once it's done on Wednesday.

Careful! If your stuff is really good Aergis might have to freelance hire you for 3-d work lol.
Thalia

Postby Dazhbog » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:20 am

Oh noes!! Because getting paid to do what I really like doing is TERRIBLE!

Anyway, just hit the "batch render button" and my CPU railed to 100% usage for the next couple of hours. Good times.
Dazhbog

Postby Arnock » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:34 am

Certainly better than my first, "attempt" at animation.

=P

Mainly was just using the program to test an ROV I was building to make sure it would work in the constraints that we were building for. I actually animated quite a bit more, but we really didn't have a reason to render it.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Dazhbog » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:40 am

Hey, that's nifty!

12 hours into batch rendering, and it's done, uh... the first two camera shots. Of five or so for this scene (and another 5 in a different scene to go too!). This could take slightly longer then I expected...
Dazhbog

Postby Aubade » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:29 am

Dazhbog wrote:

Well for what it's worth I think it looks great! although I don't know too much about 3-D animation >.<
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Dazhbog » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:02 am

So after a couple of renders, fussing with it in After Effects, changing this, tweaking that, it's.... done? Ish. I'd tweak it more, but it's on to the next project already. I'm sure I'll come back to it, but for a first pass I'm pretty happy with it.

http://www.bmloeffelman.com/portfolio/M ... _Movie.mov
Dazhbog

Return to Arkham Asylum