Remove Advertisements

Attempting to AOE tank Moroes

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby ShaneFalco » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:22 pm

My guild usually does it by double tanking Moroes and CCing the adds. If you're undergeared for the fight, I highly recommend killing at least 3 of the adds. Having three undergeared Priests constantly re-shackling mobs is going to run them out of mana really quickly.

Also, don't forget that you can BoP people with the Garrote debuff to remove the effect from them. When I first learned the fight, the guild I was in usually brought a minimum of 2 Paladins. The Paladins being able to clear Garrote from themselves (Divine Shield) and 2 other people will make it far easier on the healers. The damage from Garrote really stacks up after a while.
Last edited by ShaneFalco on Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shanefalco - 70 Human Paladin - Dragonmaw US
ShaneFalco

Postby s4dfish » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:21 pm

ShaneFalco wrote:The Paladins being able to clear Garrote from themselves (Holy Shield)
Divine Shield?
s4dfish

Postby ShaneFalco » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:40 pm

s4dfish wrote:
ShaneFalco wrote:The Paladins being able to clear Garrote from themselves (Holy Shield)
Divine Shield?

Yep, my mistake. :oops:
Shanefalco - 70 Human Paladin - Dragonmaw US
ShaneFalco

Postby Galadedrid » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:38 am

hmm... when i did this fight i ended getting the retri pally arms warrior mana burn priest and prot warrior.

i AoE tanked all of em with shackling the arms warrior.

how i did that was i pulled em really far away. (to the left wall) and chain shackled the warrior till we were out of range of him, so that the priest/pally wasnt in range to dispel. worked great.
Galadedrid

Moroes suggestions

Postby Padeanoror » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:50 pm

A few other suggestions to add to the first post... while I'm normally better geared than the warrior tank I run with (unless I'm paired with my guild master) I generally will actually Off Tank Moroes for the following advantages...

1)allows lower aggro building (ie. lesser geared tanks) to generate more aggro and then my consecration alone is enough to build me to the second aggro slot on Moroes.

2)being lower on the aggro chart makes me more likely to recieve garrote which adds my personal bubble to the list of toys to fight garrote.

3) I can then easily tank a few of the adds as well without having to worry as much about the gear level of the healers behind me.

Also remember if you're in a group that has fewer Crowd Controls that as Adds get lower on health you can fear them away, allow ranged dps to finish them off and move to next target. Infact, while I admit we have decent ranged dps to support this, I'll often fear the first dps target off the bat. The fear with my group is long enough to get the add to about 1/4 health and so he only needs to be kited for a split second at the end.
Padeanoror

Postby Acedonte » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:39 am

I'm thinking about attempting this soon, as in no CC, just keep BoSac up and hope no one dies during gouges. I've solo tanked just about every other thing in Kara, just not Moroes, R&J (should be easy), and Wizard of Oz (which I think is the only thing impossible to do it with).

I know I've got the gear for it... now, my questions: what's a good kill order? I was thinking Shadow Priest, Arms Warrior, then Moroes himself. Or is the MS not as huge of a deal as I could see it being?

Second, I can find this elsewhere but if someone has it... a /focus or /something macro that could make reapplying the BoSac a little easier? Is the gouge on a timer or is it random, so I know when to apply BoSac?

I really want to try this, add another gold star to my record :P .
Stormwind delenda est.

Acedonte

Postby kalbear » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:05 pm

Second, I can find this elsewhere but if someone has it... a /focus or /something macro that could make reapplying the BoSac a little easier? Is the gouge on a timer or is it random, so I know when to apply BoSac?
To my understanding there's nothing that you can set up so that it basically says "target person being garotted". The timer is not random at all, and you can tell very easily when it'll happen. Get Deadly Bossmods and it'll announce when this happens clearly.

Kill order: priests, MS warrior, ret pally. The MS is a HUGE deal because of garottes; the healers will already be taxed hard. I don't know if you could do this without CC on some of the spawns; getting the two priests, the MS warrior and the ret pally would basically kill you very fast.
kalbear

Postby Morpheren » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:58 pm

Acedonte wrote:Second, I can find this elsewhere but if someone has it... a /focus or /something macro that could make reapplying the BoSac a little easier? Is the gouge on a timer or is it random, so I know when to apply BoSac?

Code: Select all
/cast [target=focus, exists]Blessing of Sacrifice

then just target the OT before the pull (as they should be the first to get garroted), and type /focus
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Postby adese » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:29 am

Morpheren wrote:
Acedonte wrote:Second, I can find this elsewhere but if someone has it... a /focus or /something macro that could make reapplying the BoSac a little easier? Is the gouge on a timer or is it random, so I know when to apply BoSac?

/cast [target=focus, exists]Blessing of Sacrifice

then just target the OT before the pull (as they should be the first to get garroted), and type /focus

One change I would make to this macro would be to use Rank 1 BoSac instead of max rank. While it does take slightly less mana than max rank, you also take less damage. Granted, more damage might be good if you outgear him, but it's still a nice option to have:
/cast [target=focus, exists]Blessing of Sacrifice(Rank 1)
adese

Postby knaughty » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:40 pm

You don't have the heal team required. I've run kara endlessly (GM of a guild that's about to enter Tier-6) - at one point we had three teams fully clearing it each week.

My metric was always "two types of healer, at least 3,000 +heal in the group".

So if you healers are at +1,000 (which is where they should be for entering Kara) you need 3 healers (and two tanks). Once the healers are at about 1,500 or so, you can drop to two healers, two tanks, plus an "off-healer" (shadow priest, boomkin, elemental shaman). At 1,800 to 2k +heal, two healers, one pally tank (that's how I'm running it at the moment, farming badges).

Three priests, all under 1k heals? You probably can't get past Attumen, don't bother trying. And 550? that's pathetic, you could build a better set of greens "of the physician".

Seriously, the ENTRY level for anyone going into Kara is a full set of level 68-70 blues, plus appropriate crafted epics. For a priest, that means the full 3/3 Primal Mooncloth set at a minimum, probably Whitemend 2/2 as well. And there are four healing classes... pick two, and ideally one of them is a Druid. We used to always set up our 3-healer teams as "shaman + druid" to start, then either priest or paladin for the last healing spot. If you don't have a healing priest in, take a shadow priest for shackle/fort, if you don't have a holy pally, take a tankadin (ideally, take both).

A full balanced raid in a full set of level 70 blues + a few crafted epics will get you to Curator, and T-4 gloves. Then you'll get stuck at Aran until your DPS gear up some more (or you swap in melee DPS).
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby NarfJones » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:19 am

Acedonte wrote:Wizard of Oz (which I think is the only thing impossible to do it with).

Not Impossible. I was raiding Kara with my normal badge run group plus another tank that is trying to gear up so that he can catch up to the t5 level. Well, his aggro on tinman apparently couldn't compare with my consecrate. I tanked roar, tinman, and tito all at once, simply because of consecration. It takes a little better gear than you'll have first seeing this encounter, but it's definitely doable in partial tier 4, as long as your healers are ready for it.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Karazhan