Remove Advertisements

4.2 PTR discussion

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: 4.2 PTR discussion

Postby sherck » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:19 am

boneyjellyfish wrote:What I can't stand about gearing up for holy is how frequently I find gear that's apparently only for shockadins. I mean, what's up with DPS caster plate?

Lol, some of the leveling gear was very wierdly itemized. It was like "Spirit? What the heck is Spirit?"

In Tier-12, there are only 2 pieces of Intellect Plate without Spirit on it: the Tier gloves and the only available belt at 378. So, you will have one Plate piece without Spirit but the gloves should never get purchased since the crafted option is BiS with Spirit/Haste and there is a drop option with Spirit/Crit off of Lord Rhyolith.

Cheers,
sherck

Postby Beefchief » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:20 pm

Are there a lot of Volatile Fire drops off the daily quest mobs? I'm stocking up for craftables but I'm not sure how seriously I need to take such a task.
Beefchief

Postby Arianne » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:38 pm

I would usually end up with like 6-8 in my inv after doing all of the firelands dailies.
Arianne

Postby Beefchief » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:00 pm

Hmm so it sounds like folks won't be completely starving for volatile fires. I should expect them to settle at 25g/per or 30g/per on my server I guess.
Beefchief

Postby masterpoobaa » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:26 pm

Hrm...
I wonder if I should get rid of my stockpiles of V.Fire then.
On our server they are only 16g each and supply is pretty strong. Price may fall if the fire lands dailies flood the market with more.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:14 pm

Yeah but people are going to need them in vast quantities aren't they? Like 30 per each crafted item wasn't it?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby masterpoobaa » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:50 pm

True that. Always a bit of a gamble :)
Got my stockpiles of volatiles, ores and truegold ready.

P.S. Love the animated gif avatar. Krazy Kat! :D

P.P.S. Now that Im used to the idea of the HS change, I'm pretty happy with where pallies are right now. Our 'rotation' feels fresh and dynamic enough without being overly complex. Probably the best its been TBH.

BC judge and reseal - Felt rickety and archaic but I guess it worked for its time.
969 - Was functional but utterly dull with few ways to improve initial burst dmg.
939 pre AS procs giving HP - Felt a bit like 969 after the initial 'training' period.

Even while leveling, as soon as one is past the point when you first get SoR (39) the prot rotation feels developed.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby halabar » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:02 pm

Nikachelle wrote:Yeah but people are going to need them in vast quantities aren't they? Like 30 per each crafted item wasn't it?

Yes, but...

Not as much as you think, at least right away, since access to the crafted items will be slow due the to embers required, AND the rep needed to get those patterns.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Cogglamp » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:12 am

I think you're highly underestimating the amount of V. Fires that are goin to be sucked up in all the PvP gear.
Cogglamp

Postby halabar » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:33 am

Cogglamp wrote:I think you're highly underestimating the amount of V. Fires that are goin to be sucked up in all the PvP gear.

Edit... moved reply to AH thread.

halabar

Postby Cogglamp » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:38 am

halabar wrote:
Cogglamp wrote:I think you're highly underestimating the amount of V. Fires that are goin to be sucked up in all the PvP gear.

Which would you make and sell?.. :-)

Easy. Truegold. :P
Cogglamp

Postby halabar » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:56 am

Cogglamp wrote:
halabar wrote:

Which would you make and sell?.. :-)

Easy. Truegold. :P

I'm debating... I have about 100 stacks of pyrite ore, and I could start converting some of it, dedicating one of the 3 alchemists to that. But if it was like the first time around, on my old server Truegold quickly became a loss, as idiots pushed the price down to materials cost, so V Life transmute was more profitable. Will have to see where the mats cost is, but I still might rather do the V Life transmute and make more money.

halabar

Postby Ezelyn » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:41 am

Can't log on PTR to test it but maybe someone can answer me. I've got a question about new healadin mastery (stacking).

When they say "OWN copy" does this means if i shield someone for 1k with a holylight. If there is a paladin in the raid using a heal on this target, he will erase my shield ? so if i heal him again, my first shield is lost and i cant stack ?
I'm looking about this because my 10man raid comp is : 2 healadin and 1 drood (or 1 priest)

It's a hard lost in HPS if we are always erasing the shield from the other pally.
And really inconvenient to act some rules like :

- one paladin stuff haste mastery and direct heals ONLY tanks
- one paladin stuff haste crit and direct heals ONLY the raid (never touch tanks)
Ezelyn

Postby culhag » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:41 am

Ezelyn wrote:When they say "OWN copy" does this means if i shield someone for 1k with a holylight. If there is a paladin in the raid using a heal on this target, he will erase my shield ? so if i heal him again, my first shield is lost and i cant stack ?

Do you really expect Blizz to make it detrimental to bring two players of the same spec in a raid ?

I reread the patch note and I really can't see how you could imagine that only one shield could be on a target.
They just mean that if there's multiple paladins, you'll each have your own copy of the shield that you'll stack independently.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby sherck » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:16 am

culhag wrote:
Ezelyn wrote:When they say "OWN copy" does this means if i shield someone for 1k with a holylight. If there is a paladin in the raid using a heal on this target, he will erase my shield ? so if i heal him again, my first shield is lost and i cant stack ?

Do you really expect Blizz to make it detrimental to bring two players of the same spec in a raid ?

I reread the patch note and I really can't see how you could imagine that only one shield could be on a target.
They just mean that if there's multiple paladins, you'll each have your own copy of the shield that you'll stack independently.

Well, my only comment on that is that they often have it that multiple of a specific buff cannot be on the same player from different casters.

You cannot have two different Power Word: Shields on the same player from two different Priests.
You cannot have two different Earth Sheilds on the same plyaer from two different Shaman.

You can have 2x of the same HoT on a player from different caster of the same class. 2x Renew is okay. 2x Lifebloom. 2x Riptide.

However, with shields, they often overwrite each other.

So, I think it is a valid question.

Cheers,
sherck

PreviousNext

Return to General