Heroic Black Morass

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Heroic Black Morass

Postby Genobi » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:35 pm

Been trying to complete this instance to get my hands on

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29253

Atm i have reached the 17th wave twice and wiped:(

Can anybody help me with some tactics to complete this place on heroic?

What gear set to use when? ie pure avoidance on second boss, but should i be going full stam against the caster types?

Best group combo?

Thanks in advance
Genobi

Postby PsiVen » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:43 am

I'm curious, how is your mana doing in there and do you bring a shadow priest? I have never bothered attempting it for fear of being owned by mana problems.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Genobi » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:12 am

In terms of mana there was no problem really untill the final waves where they come out a bit faster and time to drink is reduced. I did it with no shadow priest so it is possible to do it without one imo. The trick is not to overuse use higher ranks of consercration. Personally I was consercrating rank1 whenever adds came near where i am tanking the portal keper, and only use the higherst rank towards the end when i start seeing seeds going in to kill the adds.

The gear i attempted it with was max stam gear with 17hp buffed, 6k mana and around 200sp.

I also noticed that i was taking a ton of damage when tanking lots of adds and the bosses. Was too scared to look at my health bar sometimes lol
Genobi

Postby Khar » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:12 am

I haven't tried heroic BM yet (want to :D), but I've heard having a shadow priest constantly DPSing the rift lords helps a ton. As far as group combination/gear, I think I'd personally go with sta heavy ish for the casters, or just your normal balanced avoidance/sta set. If I could choose any group combo out there... hrrm pally/druid tank, holy pally or healing priest, shadow priest, mage/hunter/ele shammy for adds, and rogue/fury warrior/kitty drood/lock. Good add control would be essential I'd assume (I say ele shammy cause I run with one often, and I know she'd be great at taking down the adds plus healing herself plus helping the healer's mana with totems). Great DPS on the bosses would also be essential, and some way of helping the healer conserve mana and/or an offhealer would help a ton too.
US Kel'thuzad
Aklan - 80 Prot Pally
Khar

Postby Jensaarai » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:50 am

I want to try this sometime...maybe this weekend, we'll see :D
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Daeren » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:11 am

Long time since i went BM, but IIRC, i just spam lowrank consecration to keep all adds on me while we nuke down the rift keepers, and then AOE down the adds after the keeper is down.
Daeren

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics