Remove Advertisements

4.2 PTR discussion

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: 4.2 PTR discussion

Postby halabar » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:06 pm

Flex wrote:120/140 VP for Firelands/New BH Boss boss kills in 10/25 player now. No need to do heroics/BH for 25 man raiders.

Assuming you are clearing all those bosses week 1.. :wink:
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:07 pm

Taeron wrote:Don't look at it at forced entry content needed to be done so you can see the dailies. Look at it as a bunch of quests you can do to keep you busy until the patch, that will also bring some gold coins in your purse and some BoE's to turn into enchanting materials you will need for new items you'll get in 4.2.

Plus, Hyjal will be mostly deserted at this point, so while you'll be quickly finishing up the quests, you'll find some raw materials if your professions are friendly to them. I bet the quests will just fly by.

It's actually getting busier. I was out there over the weekend and it was much more crowded than the previous weekend. Word is getting out.

halabar

Postby masterpoobaa » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:37 pm

I'm glad my main is the lore master, thus I made sure all zones were quested out.
Not looking forward to doing Hyjal again on any of my alts though...
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Passionario » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:04 pm

Shoju wrote:No where have I said that I had a problem with the rep grind. NO WHERE. My problem is getting to the rep grind. My problem isn't the 1 month to get it all unlocked, My problem isn't that the daily rep craftables are middle of the tier instead of 'as good as' the raid gear. My problem isn't the abysmally awful itemization of the rep gear. My problem isn't any of that. My problem is the simple 2 hour 60-80 quest requirement that feels tacked on to yet again to slow things down, and force a linear progression path of questing in this expansion that I don't particularly care for.

I distinctly recall the public outrage when 2.1 was released and people discovered that Netherwing dailies are only available to those who spent 'ridiculous amounts' of gold on epic flying.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby chippydip » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:06 am

Shoju wrote:No where have I said that I had a problem with the rep grind. NO WHERE. My problem is getting to the rep grind. My problem isn't the 1 month to get it all unlocked, My problem isn't that the daily rep craftables are middle of the tier instead of 'as good as' the raid gear. My problem isn't the abysmally awful itemization of the rep gear. My problem isn't any of that. My problem is the simple 2 hour 60-80 quest requirement that feels tacked on to yet again to slow things down, and force a linear progression path of questing in this expansion that I don't particularly care for.

I understand being a little annoyed to find out you "chose wrongly" by not leveling up in Hyjal. It seems a bit strange to me, though, to make such a big stink about what amounts to maybe 10% of the grind to unlock those vendors. If you want something from them you're already committing to many hours worth of daily quests over the course of a month or more--what's another day spent before the patch to burn through the first half of Hyjal gonna hurt? (And if you don't want anything from those vendors then there's no reason to even bother with any of those new quests).
chippydip

Postby Archeth » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:15 am

Getting annoyed at having to do quests to unlock a level 85 daily quest area, I can understand that (especially since I'm no fan of the hyper-linear questing now, either). However, I don't understand it in comparison to being a-ok with the rep grind, quest area gating, etc. Those are all much bigger annoyances in my book. If you can put up with the rest of the new 4.2 non-raid experience, doing some of the Hyjal quests should seriously be the least of your problems.

I guess after all those daily quest areas since Skettis, I can't quite follow how having to do some questlines (even if I did them 7 times already) is worse than running dailies. Some people may like it, but then some people also liked the mass of "casual" content we got in between seriously elitist raid content in vanilla (ie. the whole grinds for rep in Silithus and recolored dungeon gear). Despite of disliking nonstop grinding since playing Lineage 2, I tend to prefer rep/token grinds based on repeatable quest without daily gating by now.

With dailies, Joe Powergamer is still going to be done faster than me but at least, I could grind the rep etc. if I have a free weekend and want to play 24/7. But having to log on every day and spend 1-2 hours just doing the same dailies (even if it rotates 2-3 in one spot) for weeks just to get anywhere, let alone keep up with those for whom those dailies are like 10% of their daily playtime, and not 50-100%, is about as fun as gouging my eye out with a rusty spoon. So I opt out of it, but that's obviously not so great for my jewelcrafting or for gearing up (in new tiers or with weak guilds). I can deal with it, but in the end 4.2 isn't even remotely compelling to me (I think the best thing is going to be how we might kill Al'akir and Nefarian with 8k DPS guys now).
Archeth

Postby yappo » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:16 am

So much simpler if they had done the patterns BoA.

Grind once and be done with it.
yappo

Postby RedAces » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:42 am

hey,

this one time Blizzard adheres to lore-logic and yet people whine because they get a consistent, logical, EPIC and long questline!

You have at least 2 more weeks to do these quests, if you just invest 2h a week you'll be fine!

Bye, RedAces.
RedAces

Postby sherck » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:42 am

So, my understanding of the new 4.2 "rep" issues....correct me where I am wrong:

-- The daily quests are tied to the Guardians of Hyjal faction and the reason you do them is to gain Marks of the World Tree. The only purpose of the Marks is to unlock vendors to buy stuff from them for gold.

-- The only things the "Marks of the World Tree" vendors sell is item level 365 gear and crafting patterns (most importantly, the 365 weapon patterns). Do I have a need to unlock these vendors for new patterns if my crafting professions are: Enchant, Scribe, JC and Alchemist? (Yes, I also have a tailor but I don't know why. I do nothing with that profession.).

-- The new faction are the Avengers of Hyjal and you only gain rep from them by killing mobs inside the Firelands instance. They fuction like a "normal" factions where as you obtain increased levels with them (friendly, honored, revered), you gain access to new gear that you can purchase with gold.

-- All of the Avengers of Hyjal gear is 378 or in the case of Exalted rings, 391.

Did I miss anything?

Cheers,
sherck

Postby djlar » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:34 am

Seems like Firelands will be kind of ICC, rep and purchased gear wise.. Can't wait to see on trade LFM Firelands trash run, pst..
djlar

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:52 am

But with a trash rep cap... it'll hopefully cut down on the number of pugs.

God... I say that but people are still putting together trash runs for BoT, so who knows.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Jeremoot » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:54 am

djlar wrote:Can't wait to see on trade LFM Firelands trash run, pst..

Considering Garona-Horde created groups to do that for Bastion of Twilight, I'm pretty sure I'm going to see it for Firelands.
Jeremoot

Postby theckhd » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:05 am

Jeremoot wrote:
djlar wrote:Can't wait to see on trade LFM Firelands trash run, pst..

Considering Garona-Horde created groups to do that for Bastion of Twilight, I'm pretty sure I'm going to see it for Firelands.

I am 100% in support of this, because it gets more of my rings in circulation. :P
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby fafhrd » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:36 am

Soon, everyone will be fingering theck.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby halabar » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:56 am

RedAces wrote:You have at least 2 more weeks to do these quests, if you just invest 2h a week you'll be fine!.

5 days actually. Patch next Tuesday likely.

halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General