Remove Advertisements

All Things Mr. Robot!

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: askmrrobot

Postby theckhd » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:49 am

It's tough to say; I'm of the opinion that Stamina comes into its own on the heroic bosses, but not everyone shares that opinion. As a tank, trying to "catch up" probably means you're a little undergeared and vulnerable to burst, so I'd lean towards a stam-heavy itemization based on that as well. It will also depend on your healers - if they outgear you that much and play well, then they shouldn't have trouble running OOM either way, so stam-heavy is probably safer. But the only way to know for sure is to try it and see what your death logs look like.

Mr. Robot's defaults are pretty tightly tuned. If you bump the Stamina weighting up by one point (66->67), it should start suggesting the gemming strategy you're using (stam in blue, stam/parry in red, stam/mast in yellow).
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Call to Arms 5.x, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby yappo » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:21 am

Well, if the robot tells me to upgrade my Mirror to the darkmoon card, then the robot needs some major oiling.
yappo

Postby Arees » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:14 am

Thanks theck. I wish at the bottom of the optimized gems/enchants it told me net gain and loss of changing all that would be. Like you get -7,503hp but get +6% block or something like that. I think though I'm going to stick with the gemming strategy I'm using now and see how that works heading into Firelands since that's just right around the corner.
Arees

Postby theckhd » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:58 am

yappo wrote:Well, if the robot tells me to upgrade my Mirror to the darkmoon card, then the robot needs some major oiling.

That could have something to do with the fact that it doesn't weight resistance, and it probably treats the Darkmoon Card on-use like some average amount of stamina. Trinkets are also one of Mr. Robot's weak points, I'm not sure it does much in the way of modeling on-use on proc abilities. You're probably better off ignoring its trinket suggestions. I've yet to find a significant error with it's gemming/enchanting/reforging algorithms though, so it's an excellent tool for optimizing the gear set you're wearing.

Arees wrote:Thanks theck. I wish at the bottom of the optimized gems/enchants it told me net gain and loss of changing all that would be. Like you get -7,503hp but get +6% block or something like that. I think though I'm going to stick with the gemming strategy I'm using now and see how that works heading into Firelands since that's just right around the corner.

It does give you that, just click on the "Show Stats" button after optimizing and it will show you how much of each stat you've gained or lost.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Call to Arms 5.x, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby yappo » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:35 am

theckhd wrote:
yappo wrote:Well, if the robot tells me to upgrade my Mirror to the darkmoon card, then the robot needs some major oiling.

That could have something to do with the fact that it doesn't weight resistance, and it probably treats the Darkmoon Card on-use like some average amount of stamina. Trinkets are also one of Mr. Robot's weak points, I'm not sure it does much in the way of modeling on-use on proc abilities. You're probably better off ignoring its trinket suggestions. I've yet to find a significant error with it's gemming/enchanting/reforging algorithms though, so it's an excellent tool for optimizing the gear set you're wearing.

It does SOME modeling on the on-use. The agi on-use trink is rated higher than the strength on-use, which is perfectly understandable if you prioritize staying alive. Both those trinkets are rated above the darkmoon card, which also makes sense. It's just the Mirror that pretty much is ranked as a bad trinket (which reason you just explained to me).
yappo

Postby Arees » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:28 am

theckhd wrote:It does give you that, just click on the "Show Stats" button after optimizing and it will show you how much of each stat you've gained or lost.

Ah thanks, I didn't even see that. So lets see, if I gem the way it wants me to then I gain 2.13 mastery and lose 11.4k hp raid buffed. I lose 0.4% dodge, but gain 0.8% parry so my total avoidance will go up by 0.4%. It also says I'll lose 701 armor; it thinks I should use the stam/BV meta gem. I thought that the armor meta was better for reducing incoming damage.

I'm not sure how much block chance 2.13 mastery is, but I think it's 2.5% per point of mastery right? So its a gain of 5% block, 0.4% avoidance but a loss of 11.4k hp and 700 armor. I'm not really sure its worth the trade off.

It's definitely an interesting web site. I'm going to use it to optimize my ret gear too, which is largely unenchanted, ungemmed, and unreforged. Does it know to stop suggesting hit/exp when you reach the caps?
Arees

Postby Volitaire » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:48 am

Yes it does know where the caps are and takes them into account.
<Blood Runs Cold> - Stormrage(US) Alliance 10-man 13/13HM
Late Night 12am-3am EST Tues-Thurs, Sunday
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/volitaire
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/Hamstring2568
Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ire/simple
Volitaire

Postby Digren » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:37 am

Arees wrote:
theckhd wrote:It does give you that, just click on the "Show Stats" button after optimizing and it will show you how much of each stat you've gained or lost.

Ah thanks, I didn't even see that. So lets see, if I gem the way it wants me to then I gain 2.13 mastery and lose 11.4k hp raid buffed. I lose 0.4% dodge, but gain 0.8% parry so my total avoidance will go up by 0.4%. It also says I'll lose 701 armor; it thinks I should use the stam/BV meta gem. I thought that the armor meta was better for reducing incoming damage.

I'm not sure how much block chance 2.13 mastery is, but I think it's 2.5% per point of mastery right? So its a gain of 5% block, 0.4% avoidance but a loss of 11.4k hp and 700 armor. I'm not really sure its worth the trade off.

It's definitely an interesting web site. I'm going to use it to optimize my ret gear too, which is largely unenchanted, ungemmed, and unreforged. Does it know to stop suggesting hit/exp when you reach the caps?

The block value meta is better once you have at least 85% or so combat table coverage. The addition of about 5.4% ctc with the other changes it suggests likely puts you over that threshold, if you aren't already.

If you want to maximize combat table coverage, then its suggestions sound correct. If you don't like it's suggestions and instead want a health pad (which you may or may not actually need), then tweak it's stamina/mastery ratio by a point (from 0.67 sta : mastery to 0.66 sta : mastery) and it should instead suggest a stamina-heavy strategy. Then you'll get what you want.
Digren

Postby warden » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:41 pm

The ret stat weights are close, but not perfect; use with caution. The tool itself, given the correct stat weights, is perfect. I STRONGLY recommend, if you want to use this to optimize your dps, use simcraft to determine your exact stat weights, plug in those, and optimize. It is a bit more work, but much more accurate. I use it for my reforging as ret, but I tweak the stat weights by hand first.

"Don't facepalm at me... Ret paladins don't facepalm each other. Its against the code!" -Anafielle
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby Arees » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:50 pm

Digren wrote:The block value meta is better once you have at least 85% or so combat table coverage. The addition of about 5.4% ctc with the other changes it suggests likely puts you over that threshold, if you aren't already.

Ok, I didn't realize that. Thanks for the info. This brings up a question though... I remember the developers talking before cataclysm hit about each tier the bosses will need more hit/exp to cap than previous tiers. I think it was also said that bosses might get expertise. I haven't read anything about this being the case on the PTR though. If the bosses get exp that would decrease our ctc.
Arees

Postby Koatanga » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:44 pm

I recall seeing a blue post on that basically saying it fell into the "too hard" basket. We may still se it later.
Koatanga, Capnhammer, Shapely, Sultry, Boondoggle, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Re: Mr. Robot's Gear Optimizer

Postby Blackbeared » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:55 am

Ok I have to ask this. What stats should I input for warrior tanks. I know site says Maintankadin but I can't find a better site for warriors then this one.

If you do, link me or PM me.

But maybe someone here can also help me further.
Blackbeared

Postby RedAces » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:39 am

try tankspot.com
RedAces

Postby Blackbeared » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:46 am

RedAces wrote:try tankspot.com

I do I use multiple websites. But I can't use this thingy for Warriors? If someone can tell me those stats I need to input of weight, like mastery and/or stamina and such...
Blackbeared

Postby lythac » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:09 am

Blackbeared wrote:
RedAces wrote:try tankspot.com

I do I use multiple websites. But I can't use this thingy for Warriors? If someone can tell me those stats I need to input of weight, like mastery and/or stamina and such...

You can use it for warriors, and they have their own Stat Weights.

They seem to look OK when comparing between Paladins and Warriors.

Parry is slighyly higher than Dodge due to Hold the Line.
Warrior Mastery is lower than Paladin (not as good for you?). Doesn't matter anyway too much the optimiser says to gem for it anyway.

The only thing you need to change is the weighting of Stamina. If you set it to 50 it will suggest sta gemming/enchating, if set to 49 Avoidance/Mastery.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice