My new PC

Hardware, software, geek stuff

Moderators: laterna, Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

My new PC

Postby Arees » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:44 pm

I don't normally make "gloat posts" but I am building a new awesome PC and I need someone to tell about it... lol. I work in a computer store that is an official Intel partner, so I can participate in the Intel Retail Edge which every so often has special deals on Intel hardware. I was able to get a core i7-2600k which is going for $315 on Newegg right now for $99. So I decided to build my system around it.

A couple months back, I had already bought a new case, PSU, and video card. I got the Cooler Master HAF922 because it has a massive 200mm intake fan in the front and a 200mm exhaust fan on the top, plus a 140mm rear exhaust fan. It also allows for the PSU to be mounted on the bottom as opposed to the top like most traditional cases.

Got a Corsair HX750 Watt power supply. It's more than enough for what I need, but I got a good deal on it and it gives me wiggle room for the future.

Got the MSI GeForce 560 TI OC to 900/4200 core/mem speeds with the newer Twin Frozr III cooling system.

For the motherboard, I got the MSI Z68a-GD80, which unfortunately I had to RMA because it arrived DOA. If it wasn't for that I'd already have my new system built.

I got a 8 Gig (2 x 4GB) kit. G.Skill DDR3 1600 @ 8-8-8-24

For the CPU cooler I got a Zalman CNPS11X.

I got an Intel 320 series 120GB solid state hard drive (again through the Intel program for about 75% off) that I'll use as my boot drive and for games, and a 640GB Western Digital drive.

I'm really excited. I can't wait to get my motherboard so I can but it all together. Every single thing I got had some sort of discount or mail in rebate as well. I saved $300ish on the cpu/ssd and about $100 on all the other parts.
Arees

Return to Tech Stuff