Who remembers SWP very well?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Who remembers SWP very well?

Postby Geaux » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:32 am

I am in an arguement with a guild mate who is making the claim that: She has seen screenshots of her ex boy friend at level 70 doing progression in SWP and pulling over 4k DPS on his mage. I raided SWP progression as a server second guild and remember the details of this fight as it was a major pain in the ass to beat the enrage timer in a guild that was very unlucky to have 0 warglaives on their rogues when SWP launched. Warlocks and Mages would cap DPS at about 2,200 - 2,300 on brutalis, which was probably the best fight to gauge a persons max dps single target.

Who has some good info I can use to shut her up? Testimonials and any links to old WWS logs for top guilds will be helpfull as I am having trouble finding good supporting info to shove in her face.
Geaux

Re: Who remembers SWP very well?

Postby fafhrd » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:42 am

People (read glaive rogues, BM hunters) were topping out in mid 3ks on brutallus, 4k seems an misrecollection, unless you mean after 3.0, which no one should care about.

I can provide videos of myself at 3.2 or something as BM, but old logs have all expired.

Mages in particular were not a popular class in sunwell. They were certainly not worth feeding heroisms and stacked groups to compared to rogues and hunters or even warlocks.

You might be able to dig up googlecached versions of the old "Best DPS logs" threads from the old hunter/rogue forums though.

edit: I think the highest logs I remember were an incredibly short 2 healer kill of Teron Gorefiend (with most of the raid in SWP gear after killing KJ) by SK Gaming, where the hunters got 3.8k. They might have repeated that a bit later with Thori'dals and gotten 4.2k.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Fetzie » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:00 pm

our warlocks did 3.6k on brutallus iirc, but they were pushed like crazy with bloodlusts and shadowpriests etc
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Gerunna » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:04 pm

I think those were also the days when everyone became a leatherworker so that you'd have a high uptime on the haste drums buff. Didn't you also still have potion chain-chugging around at that time, or did the "one potion per combat" rule go into effect around then?
ImageImage
Gerunna

Postby Geaux » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:23 pm

How in the hell were people doing more than 3k on brutalis during progression pre wotlk changes? We had good raiders and I do not recall numbers like these.

Yes this was during the leatherworking drums time, chain potions, and people popping scrolls and everything. Hell people even brough crappy ret pallys to the raid just to have the 3% crit buff lol. I guess the dps could have gone closer to 3k on farm runs after being SWP geared...my memory really only remembers our kills for progression right at the 6 min mark.
Geaux

Postby Shyrtandros » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:44 pm

I agree with the previous statements..

When SWP was actually "Current" content I was the guild lock and doing 3k was considered pretty damn beast, and I was NEVER beaten by a mage in DPS during SWP..
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby fafhrd » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:51 pm

Geaux wrote:How in the hell were people doing more than 3k on brutalis during progression pre wotlk changes? We had good raiders and I do not recall numbers like these.

Yes this was during the leatherworking drums time, chain potions, and people popping scrolls and everything. Hell people even brough crappy ret pallys to the raid just to have the 3% crit buff lol. I guess the dps could have gone closer to 3k on farm runs after being SWP geared...my memory really only remembers our kills for progression right at the 6 min mark.

3x BM hunter in the same group to stack +12% damage, enhance shamans to give agi and str totem and 10% ap, parasitic glaive rogue as 5th person in group or warrior to battleshout, or maybe just a good warlock to also soak up the 12% damage. Everyone a leatherworker of course, and rotating shamans for heroism co-incident with 2 or more BWs, demonslaying elixirs etc.

Most of the raid certainly wasn't getting all that high, but if you wanted to push it you could drive glaive rogues, BM hunters and locks really high. Wasting heroisms on healers/mages/non-pures was never a net gain to raidDPS on a fight where DPS mattered. Having classes that ignore absolutely all mitigation a boss has was pretty sweet thanks to the way ArP used to work (although Brut was uncommon in having the higher threshold of boss armor IIRC, and I don't think most people stacked up to the point of ignoring the last bit of his armor).
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Geaux » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:46 pm

Interesting, I dont think we used any BM hunters at the time. I do remember stacking locks and shadowpriests in a grp and everyone was rotating drums. Thats still interesting to hear of a lock pushing 3k was that the destro fire build with haste at the time or the shadowbolt spam spec with the sac succubus?
Geaux

Postby fafhrd » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:04 pm

I think our locks at the time were spamming shadowbolts, but I guess I can't say for sure. I remember 100% shadowbolt damage parses from BT though, which wasn't long before Brutallus progression.

BM was by far the spec of choice since early T5 or so, so if you had hunters at all all but maybe one probably were BM (or should have been). Having one go SV to provide Expose Weakness to the raid was good though, but his personal DPS was terrible.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Darielle » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:05 pm

Yeah, the Highest Lock Spec then was Shadow Destro, and you depended on things like a Shadow Priest and other Destro Locks to get your damage up.

Fire Destro required an odd comp, and only you would do ok while the others sucked. Shadow Destro boosted everyone.
Darielle

Postby Aubade » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:52 am

Sunwell Plateau progression, mages were not good. Not as good as a warlock that could do anything they could do better. Most guilds brought 1 fire mage, and 4-5 warlocks. Fire mages in BiS gear with lucky crits could hit maybe 3k in full SWP gear, but on average we did about 2-2.5k
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Worldie » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:08 am

I definitively remember more than one guild only bringing mages to make water at the start of the raid and for the 5% crit debuff, as Int buff wasn't even needed due to the QuelDanas buff.

Best I've seen was our dual glaive rogue hitting around 3k with stacked group (ret pala, fury war, enha shaman, feral druid, another rogue, all of us with drums, yes even me!), our mages were with decently stacked group hovering at 2300-2400.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Darielle » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:34 am

The joys of being a Shadow Priest and capping out at like 1.7k
Darielle

Postby Worldie » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:00 am

Me and my SP were proud of my 1680 dps on Brutallus in progress. (Also raiding in 2 guilds was srs bsnss, don't try it at home)

Though, even if the DPS was low, at least if you were a SP you felt you were contributing to the raid by looking at the amount of gold mages and locks would pay to have you in their group.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Cema » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:04 am

SWP = ~2k dps for most people

Your best dps were doing ~ 2k5 (rogues, fury, locks) while your worse ~ 1k8

Your guildmate has alzheimer, be gentle with her
Cema

Next

Return to General