Interesting Lore Discussion Thread

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Interesting Lore Discussion Thread

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:18 am

So to make up for all the derailment I've split this thread off from its original "Guild Rules" thread.

Nikachelle's original thread can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31702
That will return to its regularly scheduled topic of "weird guild rules"

My original post on the topic of WoW races follows:

---
(re: hating gnomes)
Man you guys are just racist
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 10473
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Re: Weirdest Guild Rules You've Ever Heard Of

Postby bldavis » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:21 am

cows are great!

....tasting

(there is a reason my horde druid is a troll :twisted: )
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7378
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Weirdest Guild Rules You've Ever Heard Of

Postby halabar » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:31 am

Sabindeus wrote:Man you guys are just racist


Yes, yes, I am racist against the undead...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Weirdest Guild Rules You've Ever Heard Of

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:34 am

halabar wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:Man you guys are just racist


Yes, yes, I am racist against the undead...


Undead isn't a race.
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 10473
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Re: Weirdest Guild Rules You've Ever Heard Of

Postby bldavis » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:41 am

Sabindeus wrote:
halabar wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:Man you guys are just racist


Yes, yes, I am racist against the undead...


Undead isn't a race.

undead is a state of being
the bunch of undead that broke free from the LK's control and are now under Lady Sylvanis' leadership are called the Forsaken

L2Lore :twisted:
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7378
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Weirdest Guild Rules You've Ever Heard Of

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:43 am

bldavis wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:Undead isn't a race.

undead is a state of being
the bunch of undead that broke free from the LK's control and are now under Lady Sylvanis' leadership are called the Forsaken

L2Lore :twisted:

Sounds like we agree then
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 10473
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Re: Weirdest Guild Rules You've Ever Heard Of

Postby bldavis » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:47 am

well since i am a HUGE wow lore nerd....
it really kicks up my OCD when someone refers to thier Forsaken toon as undead....i mean yes it is undead, but it is not one of the mindless scourge that is under the LKs control, they have thier own mind and free will
they are undead, but they are not JUST undead they are one of the Forsaken

now for a truly undead forsaken, take my new horde main - Mortimis
i actually want to RP on this guy a little now....
i might need to make a new one on an RP server (pref with a MTadin friendly guild) just to scratch this itch :evil:
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7378
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Weirdest Guild Rules You've Ever Heard Of

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:59 am

See the problem with the Forsaken's claims about free will is that they're full of shit. They basically bring people back to life against their will and then if you disagree with Lady Sylvanas, you get re-killed. Great.

But I'm going to still say Undead is not a race, and the forsaken are still just Undead. Don't care about their free will, they are monsters. Abominations that need to be put down once and for all. That is what Paladins do.

And really I don't have a problem with the other Horde races, individually. (Except maybe Trolls. They're pretty much all evil.) It is more than possible for Orcs and Tauren and Elves and Goblins to be decent people. Hell even Trolls aren't ALL conquering maniacs. (Just most of them, most of the time.) The Horde, however, is terrible and needs to die.
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 10473
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Re: Weirdest Guild Rules You've Ever Heard Of

Postby Aerron » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:04 am

bldavis wrote:cows are great!

....tasting

(there is a reason my horde druid is a troll :twisted: )


I'm always a little disturbed when I'm out doing the Tol Barad dailies to kill left over horde, and one of the Tauren druids drops a Roast Beef as loot. I mean, come on, ew?
Aerron
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:33 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Re: Weirdest Guild Rules You've Ever Heard Of

Postby halabar » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:06 am

Aerron wrote:
bldavis wrote:cows are great!

....tasting

(there is a reason my horde druid is a troll :twisted: )


I'm always a little disturbed when I'm out doing the Tol Barad dailies to kill left over horde, and one of the Tauren druids drops a Roast Beef as loot. I mean, come on, ew?


Yeah, really.. roast beef.. probably a crappy cut. There really should be lootable t-bones, prime rib, and other choice cuts.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Weirdest Guild Rules You've Ever Heard Of

Postby Shoju » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:53 am

The loathing that Sab has for Forsaken, can be applied to humans in game for me. They are the complete and total stereotypical 'terrible human being'. Though, I haven't tried to play their starting area since cata. maybe they aren't a bunch of racist / classist / greedy / expansionistic / kill it because its in my way tards anymore.

For me, Trolls are one of the coolest races, if only because I really REALLY love their society / culture / deity structure, and you don't see trolls like "wow" trolls often if at all in other settings, while you see elves, orcs, undead, gnomes, and dwarves that are pretty close to that 'stereotype' often.

Or maybe I just don't read enough crap with trolls in it.

Either way, Da Voodoo be strong in dis one mon.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 6362
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Weirdest Guild Rules You've Ever Heard Of

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:04 pm

Humans are the best race. They aren't racist or greedy or anything of that sort. All we Humans want is the land that is rightfully ours.

Also Trolls are terrible because they hunted humans for food before the humans and elves teamed up to kill them all.
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 10473
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Re: Weirdest Guild Rules You've Ever Heard Of

Postby sahiel » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:06 pm

Sabindeus wrote:All we Humans want is the land that is rightfully ours.

By which the expansionistic, racist, genocidal monsters known as 'humans' mean 'all of it'. :P
Image
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
User avatar
sahiel
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:31 am
Location: St Louis, MO

Re: Weirdest Guild Rules You've Ever Heard Of

Postby Shoju » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:08 pm

Sabindeus wrote:Humans are the best race. They aren't racist or greedy or anything of that sort. All we Humans want is the land that is rightfully ours.

Also Trolls are terrible because they hunted humans for food before the humans and elves teamed up to kill them all.



Yeah, and then you "ally" yourselves with other races, but hate them at the same time.... And you kill people instead of paying them the money that is rightfully theirs, and you think that all the land is rightfully yours.

Human. The other white meat.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 6362
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Weirdest Guild Rules You've Ever Heard Of

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:11 pm

Shoju wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:Humans are the best race. They aren't racist or greedy or anything of that sort. All we Humans want is the land that is rightfully ours.

Also Trolls are terrible because they hunted humans for food before the humans and elves teamed up to kill them all.



Yeah, and then you "ally" yourselves with other races, but hate them at the same time.... And you kill people instead of paying them the money that is rightfully theirs, and you think that all the land is rightfully yours.

Human. The other white meat.


What? No. There's plenty of land that isn't rightfully ours. It's called Kalimdor. Whole continent. Nothing to scoff at. Of course the Horde has seen fit to attack our allies who live over there as well, so naturally we have to come to their defense!

Also who do we ally ourselves with while hating them? That's just silly.

As for killing people instead of paying them... eh? Because no horde race has ever had petty internal squabbles? Sure, the Mason's Guild incident was terrible but trying to blame every human everywhere for the actions of Stormwind nobility has got to be more bigoted and racist than any other generalization.
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 10473
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Next

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest