Remove Advertisements

Weirdest Guild Rules You've Ever Heard Of

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Weirdest Guild Rules You've Ever Heard Of

Postby Worldie » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:30 pm

I maxed out first aid purely for the achievement, I always carry with me 20 bandages since the start of this expansion, and yet have to be able to use it. Most of the time raid damage is continued and it's not even possible to bandage anyway.
Yeh I'm not even bothering with alts, don't see any reason. Probably the 500 bandage achi is more important.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby PsiVen » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:54 pm

benebarba wrote:OK, at least to me - if someone is chain dropping them to be a jackass (or anything else obnoxious) it is a bit different (though I still think an instant gkick for that specific infraction is a bit much - now kicking them for being a jackass? no problem). Maybe it's because I play with folks who 'don't be an ass' includes 'don't pop things out that make extraneous noises or other distracting whizbangs when it's go time'.

But perhaps this is because by the time I started playing, those things were *real* old hat.

The main problem was that in a 25-man raid piled up to buff, you couldn't figure out who was doing it. So people found it really funny to do it, and then pretend they were mad about it too. But you're right, instant gkick is maybe a bit much :P

Eventually I figured out that you can watch the combat log to see who's dropping them. In retrospect, I should have just written an addon to yell at them.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby theckhd » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:02 pm

I used TJH to call out people dropping Mole Machines in raids, since that was a fad in my old guild. I just had it spit out "X opened a portal to hell." in raid chat.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Meloree » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:09 pm

PsiVen wrote:The main problem was that in a 25-man raid piled up to buff, you couldn't figure out who was doing it.

In retrospect, I should have just written an addon to yell at them.

TrainWhistle. Couldn't live without it.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Darielle » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:50 am

It wasn't a rule, but an officer in our old guild used to yell every time someone looted in combat because apparently she'd configged her action bars or something to be where her loot window popped up and couldn't be bothered changing it. So after a few raids of yelling every time someone looted, it became an unofficial rule on the pretext that if you're looting in combat you're not dps'ing (although most "battlelooting" basically was a case of misclicking on a mob).

We also had a "rule" that you shouldn't use DPS pots (like Destruction pots) because then you might not be able to Health pot if you needed to. Yeah ..... I ignored that one and chainchugged Destro Pots. They certainly weren't complaining that I was giving everyone more mana.
Darielle

Postby Brekkie » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:28 am

You know how I know that officer was a clicker?
Theckhd wrote:big numbers are the in-game way of expressing that Brekkie's penis is huge.
Brekkie

Postby Darielle » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:48 am

Brekkie wrote:You know how I know that officer was a clicker?

The guy who tried to replace me as a Shadow Priest when I switched to Pally Tank couldn't keep Misery up. Misery was applied every time you cast a dot and lasted longer than the dots did.

We later found out the reason was that he only had one action bar (as in 12 buttons), and he put his dots on different bars and to use them he had to Shift-Up to switch actionbars and then click the button and then Shift-Down to get the next one etc.
To this day, my head still hurts from that explanation.
Darielle

Postby Jeremoot » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:54 am

Darielle wrote:
Brekkie wrote:You know how I know that officer was a clicker?

The guy who tried to replace me as a Shadow Priest when I switched to Pally Tank couldn't keep Misery up. Misery was applied every time you cast a dot and lasted longer than the dots did.

We later found out the reason was that he only had one action bar (as in 12 buttons), and he put his dots on different bars and to use them he had to Shift-Up to switch actionbars and then click the button and then Shift-Down to get the next one etc.
To this day, my head still hurts from that explanation.

This pretty much sums up my feelings about that.
Jeremoot

Postby Fetzie » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:39 am

1 and a half million facepalms :D
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby cerwillis » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:05 am

I saw this one on cable recently, glad I could contribute to the conversation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Svwm_k9 ... re=related
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:58 am

FML.. work blocked youtube this week.. grrr
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Flex » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:25 am

Not so much a rule but tradition. When ever anyone gets an achievement the proper response is to congratulate them with a "u sob". This stems back to when they were added in the pre-WotLK patch and everyone who logged on spammed the guild chat with a flood of achievements.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby sahiel » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:14 pm

Flex wrote:Not so much a rule but tradition. When ever anyone gets an achievement the proper response is to congratulate them with a "u sob". This stems back to when they were added in the pre-WotLK patch and everyone who logged on spammed the guild chat with a flood of achievements.

We have something similar, if a bit more crude, any achievement is greeted with a chrous of 'achievement whore!' or such. There are 2 or 3 people in guild who jostle for most points on Horde on the server so it started with us giving them trouble and now we do it for everyone :)
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:04 pm

Flex wrote:Not so much a rule but tradition. When ever anyone gets an achievement the proper response is to congratulate them with a "u sob". This stems back to when they were added in the pre-WotLK patch and everyone who logged on spammed the guild chat with a flood of achievements.

LOL I was away from WoW when this happened so everyone was over the toon spam of achievement when ic ame back.

over the next few days I got several comments like the ones mentioned lol
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Téuntjûh » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:01 am

I miss my old raidleader 2 years ago.
Gnomes were not allowed in our guild.
If any gnomes dared to enter, (classchanges to annoy guildmaster) they had to die instant. It was not allowed to heal/taunt/help gnomes.
Téuntjûh

PreviousNext

Return to General