Remove Advertisements

[10] Heroic Chimaeron

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Heroic Chimaeron

Postby warden » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:47 am

Remember too, that early in the feud the non-double tank won't have any breaks, and doesn't need major cooldowns... its later during the feud, after a break that he needs the big cd. Try having the tank taunt and immediately get a big instant heal (Nature's swiftness or LoH), then tank until the first break with a minor cd, such as unglyphed dp. When he gets the break, burn the big CD (AD or GanK) or ask for an external. Many tank deaths occur because they pop their big cd too early, then eat a melee attack with a break up.

Also, a couple tricks considering your raid comp: in p2, even after the healing debuff goes up, spirit link totem can still heal a tank. Also, once Chim goes untauntable, you can bubble and he'll stay fixated on you.
Edit: So as not to spread misinformation, the RED part of the above post is wrong.
Last edited by warden on Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"Don't facepalm at me... Ret paladins don't facepalm each other. Its against the code!" -Anafielle
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:23 pm

I'm pretty sure that bubbling will make him drop you as his primary target.
Belloc

Postby Hrobertgar » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:47 pm

At least Hand of Protection WILL cause the boss to attack another target, although it does not remove threat. Cancelaura or right clicking the HoP will cause the boss to return to the target. We use this mechanic early in ph2 to kite the boss and buy time with the raid up. We also use HoP to clear stacks for H-Halfus and again everything returns to the tank after cancelaura.

Last night we pushed DURING a fued, so everyone was at full (pretty much anyways) and the tanks split to separate corners. I HoP the boss tank (Bear) and as he runs over to pawn the other tank (Warr), the Bear cancels the HoP, causing the boss to run back over (and basically pawn his furry ass). Then he runs accross again to pawn the warrior who tanked for like ~15secs with amazing dodges and must've had full CDs up. Then He pawns the Enh shammy (planned Brez carried out) and then runs accross yet again to pawn me (Holy Pal, Righteous Fury for high threat for the whole fight). I think the Ele shammy also died, but that was it; 4 down when the boss dropepd.

It was our 2nd H-Ch kill and went fairly smooth for us, although the Warr dodge streak helped a bunch.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby warden » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:47 pm

In that case, we were having some very oddball fixates on the last two runs due to taunts. Seeing as how you're usually spot-on Bel, I'll retest in both runs next week; still, in our alt run, the pally tank held him for a good 7 or 8 seconds while bubbled, and I know I held him for at least 3 or 4 while bubbled last night (in both cases, Chim died before the bubble fell off). Maybe it has to do with his unusually long swing timer.

"Don't facepalm at me... Ret paladins don't facepalm each other. Its against the code!" -Anafielle
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:59 pm

It's been a while since I've tanked Chimaeron (or anything, for that matter :P) so I could be wrong... but, yeah, I could see his abnormally long swing timer giving that impression.
Belloc

Postby Nevarien » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:40 pm

I can confirm that bubbling does drop you from lead threat. We usually push during the 3rd or 4th feud depending on how lucky we are with the gaps between fueds. For my fueds I usually only roll through my DP and on use dodge and WoG prior to double attack to absorb some of the dmg if I get hit. With the on use dodge I sit relatively close to block capped so I very rarely take a full hit. This allows me to save my majors for P2. If hes on me moving into P2, I pop GoAK's then AD then bubble, he goes to next tank, he dies and comes back to me. Fight is usually over by then.
Nevarien

Previous

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)