Next toon to trek from 80-85?

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Which toon for Healing (pvp mostly - pve sometimes)

Resto Druid (Herb / Alchy)
14%
Disc Priest (JC / Tailor)
86%

Total votes : 14

Next toon to trek from 80-85?

Postby Shyrtandros » Thu May 26, 2011 1:14 pm

As the questions state..

I am in the mood to lvl a new lvl 80 up to lvl 85 for the purpose of healing.. usually pvp healing a little bit of PVE healing...

So fire away!
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Re: Next toon to trek from 80-85?

Postby Cogglamp » Thu May 26, 2011 1:34 pm

Disc Priesting is fun in BGs and in arena. "Tanking" 2 players for 30 seconds or so while you wait for the cavalry to arrive is what keeps me playing my disc over playing any other healer in PvP.

Holy priesting is fun in PvE as well. Having two healing trees adds a little diversity to the healing game.
Cogglamp

Postby Shyrtandros » Thu May 26, 2011 5:41 pm

I figured the answer would be the character that I can't level as easily!

My druid can get to lvl 85 just off herb farming LOL!

I miss my priest sometimes, the pvp on him was intense!
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Shyrtandros » Fri May 27, 2011 11:00 am

So the results thus far are pretty obvious.. 0 for DRUID and 7 for PRIEST.

Can anyone explain why? Did druids get screwed for this part of the expansion? Did priests get massive buffs? or is it just a coincidence that all tankadins like priests more than druids? lol!

Just wondering if it's a gameplay reason or just opinion.. Thanks!
Shyrtandros

Postby Amirya » Fri May 27, 2011 11:44 am

Fine, I'll cast for resto druid.

However, I don't pvp, so I can't speak from that view point. It is my understanding, though, that resto is still pretty decent, kiting while hotting or something.

I do, however, have a resto druid and a disc priest, and I like both quite well for pve. About the only thing that kills me when I'm on my druid is when my efflor appears, and people run out of it. This is usually on boss fights. After I've been using that on trash as well, and they ignore it.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Kelaan » Fri May 27, 2011 12:26 pm

My only perspective (I voted disc) was that I can't seem to get Disc healers below 80% mana, whereas I've Almost Killed druids several times. Druids have some really impressive crowd control, though. Root, cyclone, bash, etc, and can open from stealth. That's pretty slick also, IMO. Both of them seem to have some powerful tools.

Druid seems to be about a massive bag of tricks which a skilled player can leverage really well - very high mobility, lots of snares. Disc seems to just be hard to kill. Perhaps it's just that my damage output as Prot in arenas is Shite. :D (And, quite possibly that's skill-related.)
Kelaan

Postby fafhrd » Fri May 27, 2011 1:57 pm

Shyrtandros wrote:So the results thus far are pretty obvious.. 0 for DRUID and 7 for PRIEST.

Can anyone explain why? Did druids get screwed for this part of the expansion? Did priests get massive buffs? or is it just a coincidence that all tankadins like priests more than druids? lol!

I voted priest because they can't be tempted into becoming moonkin :/
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby bldavis » Fri May 27, 2011 2:13 pm

fafhrd wrote:
Shyrtandros wrote:So the results thus far are pretty obvious.. 0 for DRUID and 7 for PRIEST.

I voted priest because they can't be tempted into becoming moonkin :/

they could go shadow.....

i voted priest simply because your druid is resto and not feral :twisted:

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby fafhrd » Fri May 27, 2011 7:27 pm

I've got nothing against shadowpriests, so that's fine ^_^
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Devistasion » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:15 pm

Do them both!!!!! I just got finished leveling my resto druid and I am thinking of leveling my disc priest.
Bronzebeard
82 Holy/Ret BE Paladin Devistasion
85 Gnome Destro PVE/Affliction PVP Warlock TÄinted
85 NE Resto/Balance Druid Moonshìne
82 DR BM leveling PVE/ Marksman PVP Hunter Nelix
85 DR Resto/Elemental Shaman Icys
73 Sub/Combat Worgen Rogue Lostinshadow
78 Disc/shadow DR Priest Laforge
70 Arms/Fury Goblin Warrior Nìghtbane
36 Änomoly Frost/Arcane Goblin Mage

DarkSpear
85 Frost/Blood Human DK Devistasion
19 Balance Worgen Druid Sakhamet
I know Altoholics Anonymous is for me...
Devistasion

Postby bldavis » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:36 pm

im to the point that i need to decide which will be my next toon to bumrush through BC and Wrath content...
53 rogue, 40 enh/resto shammie, or 58 DK on alt server

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Shyrtandros » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:29 am

Well I'm juggling 3 leveling toons right now.

My girlfriend and I are leveling a set of high lvls (82 now) which is my druid, and a set of low levels which is my shaman (lvl 55).

However the toons I level on my own usually level MUCH faster due to me being the WoW addict and her being the casual :)
Shyrtandros

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes