Remove Advertisements

Problem with an EVGA gts450

Hardware, software, geek stuff

Moderators: laterna, Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Problem with an EVGA gts450

Postby Arnock » Sun May 29, 2011 1:09 am

So a friend of mine gave me his old heatsink, and I installed it last night. However, after putting all of my components back in, I turn on my computer and my monitors aren't receiving any signal.

I removed my GPU a few times and tried reseating it but I'm still getting nothing. Not sure what to do at this point, and I'd appreciate any help.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Re: Problem with an EVGA gts450

Postby laterna » Sun May 29, 2011 4:05 pm

Right, what exactly did you change? How did you remove the old heatsink? Whats the model of the new heatsink?

The thing that worries me the most, is a case where you pulled off the old heasink, only to pull off a chip-module with it.

Try the card on a different pc, and a different card on your pc. What happens if you boot with onboard graphics(if you have it)

Also, motherboard model, RAM configuration, PSU, cpu etc is necesarry. The more information the better

Give it a good wack on all connectors too, you might have jiggled something off when removing the stuff in the first place?
laterna

Postby Koatanga » Sun May 29, 2011 6:24 pm

I am not suggesting you would do the sme, but when I changed out the power supply on my wife's computer, I forgot to reconnect power to the vid card and of course got nothing on her monitors.

Comes form not being used to hooking up power to video cards, I guess.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Arnock » Sun May 29, 2011 7:12 pm

Mobo: Asus pvp55d-e LX
Old heatsink: Thermaltake silent 1156
New Heatsink: Thermaltake V1

After making a post on OCN I managed to get it to work for awhile, the issue was solved by using the asus MemOK button on the mobo. However, I was getting a CPU Fan error while booting, and the folks at OCN recommended plugging the heatsink's 3 pin cord into the mobo's 4 pin connector to fix it.

Unfortunately, that caused a bluescreen, and I'm running the win7 startup repair atm to try to get the computer running again.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby laterna » Mon May 30, 2011 7:25 am

I see the issue is resolved then :)
laterna

Return to Tech Stuff