Remove Advertisements

Shockadin 4.0.3a

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: Shockadin 4.0.3a

Postby Hrobertgar » Fri May 27, 2011 2:02 pm

If you're questing against just 1 level appropriate mob, it can be pretty quick, but against multiple targets Exodin is not a patch on prot or ret. Holy dmg output is low enough that the mobs WILL dmg you a bit forcing you to self heal and lowering your output further.

Of course, reset after a mob/group is down can be quick. Running around in low areas it can be fun having 3 ranged abilities to blast gray trash mobs: Judgement, Shock, Exorcism. But levelling as Holy unless you plan to heal for instance runs would almost certainly be noticeably slower for questing/grinding.

For levelling I might go ret until you can get HotR, then maybe switch to prot. I leveleld both a holy pally and a prot pally thru Wrath and now Cata and Prot definitely burns thru multi mob pulls much quicker.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Flex » Tue May 31, 2011 12:18 pm

Kelaan wrote:I've started a new paladin on a server to play with a friend, and have been wondering if it's worth trying to level/quest as holy. Part of me screams "No, you retard, you want to be Ret", but then I'd also like to try learning healing. How much slower would it be, do you think?

No, you retard, you want to be Ret.

Also you can still totally heal low level dungeons as any spec.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Kelaan » Tue May 31, 2011 2:34 pm

Haha. :D Yeah, I think you're right. CS->HS->judge->CS kills almost everything while questing, but it's still slower than ret, because ret has the periodic Templar's Verdict that it can use. Mana regen is CRAP, too, I really notice the loss of judgements giving mana back.

Dungeons are a lot faster to get as holy, though, and I get to learn to heal, which I think is the novelty I wanted. I still quest fast enough to not be grumpy about it, right now -- though in a few levels I will likely start gearing a ret spec. Right now, I level so fast (under 30) that I don't hit a dungeon more than once or twice, so gear intake is pretty unplannable... so I am focusing on holy.
Kelaan

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes