Post Your Interface

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Re: Post Your Interface [[4.x]]

Postby Levantine » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:48 am

In that case my aloft did some weird shit to me. I also still compeltely fail to understand the concept of needing to see massive obscuring class icons in order to successfully pull tards out of fire. Facing has never been a problem for me ecept for one time where some steps played sweet havoc with my line of sight (fuck gnomes and dwarves). I guess we just have different ideas of awareness. Personally I find that sort of extraneous crap distracting at best and better left in the garbage than on my ui.
Levantine

Postby Palgoris » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:50 pm

Tried to keep it as open as possible. Also, I hate casting from spellbook, so if there is a chance of me using it, it's on the interface somewhere. Shown above is one of the poweraura strings for my cooldowns. I also now use TJH.

PM if you want to know the list of addons I use.
Palgoris

Postby Aubade » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:10 pm

Newest UI

- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby inthedrops » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:17 pm

Damn! My UI is so bad compared to 99% of them here! The only comment I have to make is that bar to the right/center of the screen is my random bar that I put macros, rare abilities, or switch pots or something that's fight specific.

inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Epimer » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:49 pm

New for 4.1. Almost the same as 4.06 except with uglier nameplates as TidyPlates:Neon is a bit borked, and even uglier DBM (not shown) since the skinning addon I was using for it is also borked.

TukUI but with different unit frames because I really don't like its buff/debuff display. The WoG/SD/Inq timers, and the Holy Power display, are WeakAuras and I'm way too happy with them for the time it took to set up. The WoG alert and third star look faded because they're pulsing, and the WoG alert is a cooldown timer whenever WoG isn't available for use.

To do: either reconfigure MSBT or replace it, since I'm not getting too much use out of it just now. Remove redundancies from ClassTimer (and fix the horrible texture) that are now covered with WeakAuras. I'd really like to remove the portrait and Holy Power display from the unit frames, but whenever I try to edit the .lua I break them horribly. Possibly replace with Pitbull/Stuf, but only if I could have the buffs/debuffs displayed exactly as they are on the current ones.
Epimer

Postby Epimer » Sun May 01, 2011 12:37 pm

As above, with most of the minor tweaks mentioned. Switched from MSBT to Parrot for no good reason.
Epimer

Postby Gerunna » Mon May 02, 2011 8:40 am

Here's mine, almost pure ElvUI with just Skada, DBM, and xCT added to the display.

ImageImage
Gerunna

Postby Extol » Tue May 17, 2011 4:02 am

Linked to full shot. Slightly changed since I uploaded it, and still needs to be to get rid of extra elements.
Extol

Postby Taino » Thu May 26, 2011 4:00 am

After looking at many of the UI's posted here I want to delete my WTF folder and start over. Mine looks fairly busy in comparison. I am so used to the layout though and it really works for me. Out of the Chaos that is there I can see what I need to at a glance. I like a lot of buttons because I use OmniCC so I can see when CD's are coming up by glancing there. I may get rid of tip tac, or at least shrink that. I never noticed how huge the box was until this screenie.

Taino

Postby Treck » Sat May 28, 2011 8:20 am

Taino wrote:Image

Maybe you might wanna think into about increasing the size of your own HP bar.
Personally it looks close to impossible to watch your own health in the middle of a battle.

The few times i play at an internet cafe, the addon i just cannot play without is pitbull (or any other addon that does the same).
Bars slightly messed up i can live with, chat addon i can play without, while i wouldnt wanna raid without powerauras, i can manage without it.
But not seeing my own hp as big and easy as i do with my UI, would cripple my ability to actually survive, in terms of CD usage/wog usage or knowing when to start running to let healers get time to heal me.
Its a big part of knowing how much dmg you take and how much more you can survive imo.

Some people can play fine without it, i just know i cant.
Treck

Postby inthedrops » Sat May 28, 2011 8:27 am

Taino wrote:After looking at many of the UI's posted here I want to delete my WTF folder and start over. Mine looks fairly busy in comparison. I am so used to the layout though and it really works for me.

Don't fret it at all. What's important is that it's functional and efficient. Playing with our UI's is fun. But a lot of people take the "clean" thing to an extreme and I wonder how they can play efficiently sometimes. We're all different though so I try not to judge! I think my old age forces my hand.

My UI is shown a few posts back from here (scroll up). It's pretty damn ugly with crap everywhere. But I know exactly where the crap is.

I concur with Treck about your health bar btw. I do something similar with cast bars too, I make them BLOODY HUGE so as never to miss it when looking at my feet or whatever.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Taino » Mon May 30, 2011 3:47 am

inthedrops wrote:
Taino wrote:After looking at many of the UI's posted here I want to delete my WTF folder and start over. Mine looks fairly busy in comparison. I am so used to the layout though and it really works for me.

Don't fret it at all. What's important is that it's functional and efficient. Playing with our UI's is fun. But a lot of people take the "clean" thing to an extreme and I wonder how they can play efficiently sometimes. We're all different though so I try not to judge! I think my old age forces my hand.

My UI is shown a few posts back from here (scroll up). It's pretty damn ugly with crap everywhere. But I know exactly where the crap is.

I concur with Treck about your health bar btw. I do something similar with cast bars too, I make them BLOODY HUGE so as never to miss it when looking at my feet or whatever.

Thank you both for the advice. I will look into changing pitbull up. I sort of set it and forget it when I originally set things up with pb. I'll post a follow up once it's done.
Taino

Postby Devistasion » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:43 am

Can anyone post a good all around UI package for Holy or healing in general?
Bronzebeard
82 Holy/Ret BE Paladin Devistasion
85 Gnome Destro PVE/Affliction PVP Warlock TÄinted
85 NE Resto/Balance Druid Moonshìne
82 DR BM leveling PVE/ Marksman PVP Hunter Nelix
85 DR Resto/Elemental Shaman Icys
73 Sub/Combat Worgen Rogue Lostinshadow
78 Disc/shadow DR Priest Laforge
70 Arms/Fury Goblin Warrior Nìghtbane
36 Änomoly Frost/Arcane Goblin Mage

DarkSpear
85 Frost/Blood Human DK Devistasion
19 Balance Worgen Druid Sakhamet
I know Altoholics Anonymous is for me...
Devistasion

Postby Cogglamp » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:58 am

I really like Elv's edit of Tukui for healing/raiding in general.

I'll add my own PowerAura strings to supplement the missing items that I like to have but give Elv's a shot.
Cogglamp

Postby Devistasion » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:22 am

I checked out ELVui and it was too crowded for my taste. I probably should have said that I wanted a more minimalistic UI. Thank you for the suggestion though.
Bronzebeard
82 Holy/Ret BE Paladin Devistasion
85 Gnome Destro PVE/Affliction PVP Warlock TÄinted
85 NE Resto/Balance Druid Moonshìne
82 DR BM leveling PVE/ Marksman PVP Hunter Nelix
85 DR Resto/Elemental Shaman Icys
73 Sub/Combat Worgen Rogue Lostinshadow
78 Disc/shadow DR Priest Laforge
70 Arms/Fury Goblin Warrior Nìghtbane
36 Änomoly Frost/Arcane Goblin Mage

DarkSpear
85 Frost/Blood Human DK Devistasion
19 Balance Worgen Druid Sakhamet
I know Altoholics Anonymous is for me...
Devistasion

PreviousNext

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros