Thoooooor! ~~~

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Thoooooor! ~~~

Postby Brutalicus » Mon May 09, 2011 5:20 pm

Awesome indeed... Asgard was fucking spectacular, coming from someone who isn't experienced with any comic series (except for Sonic, but come on everyone loves Sonic). The credits sequence was pretty damn awesome too. Wait, shit, my nerd is showing.
Brutalicus, Garona (Horde) Tankadin
Brutalicus

Postby Tev » Tue May 10, 2011 7:22 am

Meh,

Felt too short, his development while on earth was rushed and his love intrest annoyed the hell out of me.

Asgard was done well, but I can't help but feel it was wussified (tm). Thor despite his arrogance seemed to me more like what a true Norse "god" should have been. I haven't read the comic, but being somewhat familiar with Norse mythology, Odin not seeking immediate venegence for giants invading his realm, treasure vault of all places, seems way out of character. Odin has the wisdom, but not the warrior spirit.

Any who, my 2 bits.
Tev

Postby Aerron » Tue May 10, 2011 7:52 am

Tev wrote:Asgard was done well, but I can't help but feel it was wussified (tm). Thor despite his arrogance seemed to me more like what a true Norse "god" should have been. I haven't read the comic, but being somewhat familiar with Norse mythology, Odin not seeking immediate venegence for giants invading his realm, treasure vault of all places, seems way out of character. Odin has the wisdom, but not the warrior spirit.

I think if you approach the film from an actual Norse mythology standpoint, and not from the Marvel Comic, you'd have to wind up disappointed.

When Jack Kirby and Stan Lee created the Thor comic in the 60's, they kept bits and pieces of the mythology, but changed a lot of it too. Thor should have red hair; he's blonde. The character of Baldur is completely different from his mythological counterpart (I know he didn't appear in the movie, referring to the comic character here.)

Likewise, Asgard as it appears in the movie pretty much stems from the imagination of Jack Kirby, the artist. No real viking feast halls here, instead everything's golden and "cosmic".

The comic mythos (and movie) keeps some of the bits - mjolnir, the 9 worlds, Odin's missing eye - but the rest is pure Marvel.
Aerron

Postby masterpoobaa » Thu May 12, 2011 4:32 pm

Verdict: Wasn't uber great like Iron Man I/II, but wasn't bad either - clash of the titans springs to mind. Agreed that it could have had more plot development. The romance between Thor and Natalie Portmans character felt hollow and hurried.

A decent start I guess to linking all the avengers together. Looking forward to them all getting together to kick some ass.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Thalia » Mon May 23, 2011 9:07 am

I've never read any comics, I'm more your history type reader, so as a comic lay person my verdict was:

Entertaining and visually stunning and I think the the actor playing Thor did a great job, especially on his funny parts. Had a blast and a lot of laughs, good use of my money IMO.
Thalia

Postby Sabindeus » Mon May 23, 2011 9:55 am

I REQUIRE A HORSE
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Melathys » Mon May 23, 2011 12:07 pm

yea, the humor in this movie was well done.

"You dare threaten the mighty Thor with such a puny wea......"
Melathys

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon May 23, 2011 1:57 pm

Sabindeus wrote:I REQUIRE A HORSE

Then give me one of those large enough to ride.

The best part IMO.. lol
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Sabindeus » Mon May 23, 2011 2:12 pm

seriously I almost fell out of my chair during that scene.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Punkss2 » Tue May 24, 2011 4:17 am

I still havent seen it, but I heard this line is in the movie.

This mortal coil grows weak. I require sustenance.
Thinking of starting WOW again....
Punkss2

Postby tullock » Mon May 30, 2011 12:49 am

That line (or one very similar) was indeed in the movie. So far for me the recent marvel movies would be

Ironman > Thor/Incredible hulk(ed norton)> Ironman 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Punisher : War Zone
tullock
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Arkham Asylum